Mirtilla

Valentine’s at The Borderline

Just a quick reminder from us that we're playing the Borderline in London's West End on Valentine's night! (14th Feb). There's gonna be some special guests, dj's and new tunes that you've never heard before. It's gonna be a special show for all our valentines - whoever you may be! Get your tickets early for this one-off special.

See you there.

Palladium.

For next week I wish for a cheap return flight and enough spare time. :blink::sneaky2:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh they were great last night :punk:

Hardly anyone was there less than 50 easy , I watched the whole gig at the front with a beer on the speaker.

<stonking nasty hangover today>

Great lads:punk: , we all had a good chat with them and they just seemed happy to be playing even though it was empty

:wub2: Aww.....We should really enjoy these gigs NOW, before they'll turn bigger and bigger!:naughty:

Ow, I so wanna see them again.... :tears:

IF YOU want to get on well with pop band Palladium, don't ask about their fashion sense.

Despite record company Virgin playing up the band's quirky clothes in their biog, answering questions about flowery shirts, golf visors and sparkly shoes is wearing thin.

"People don't even talk about our music any more, they talk about our clothes, " says singer and bassist Peter Pepper. "The clothes we wear and the music we make go hand in hand. We all really enjoy fashion and just enjoy dressing up."

Whether they like talking about it or not, their appearance has caught people's attention.

Palladium - Peter, Rufio Sandilands, Rocky Morris and Rostas Fez - met while touring the session musician circuit in 2006. Their first gig was in a Caribbean restaurant and to celebrate, they performed dressed as Peter Pan in drag.

The biog describes Peter, who was born in York and lived here until he was four, as an "androgynous frontman with a penchant for sparkly shoes and chains".

That makes him laugh. "I have one, no, two pairs of sparkly shoes, " he said.

"We're all from different backgrounds and not that any of us wear particularly crazy clothes, but when you get four different people I suppose you get a crazyclothed band."

Being different is what Palladium seems to do best.

"There aren't really any bands like us, " said Peter.

"We have a very different attitude to a lot of bands and a very positive attitude. We try hard at what we do and we're all very different. I think when I'm not on the stage I'm probably the quietest one; I save it all for the stage. I'm the oldest so I feel a certain responsibility."

After leaving York, Peter moved to Leicester, and then Essex. He learned about music discipline while playing the cornet in jazz bands, before finding his calling with a bass guitar.

"I started singing after a couple of years because I'd had enough of other people taking all the limelight, " he added.

After being signed to Virgin, Palladium toured with Mika and released their debut single, Happy Hour.

They are mid-way through their headline UK tour and album The Way It's Not is scheduled for release in March.

Whatever the future holds, Peter is prepared to work for it.

"We're joyful, epic, positive and create music with good lyrics and catchy melodies. At the heart of it all are the songs - we never want any of the other stuff, like fashion stuff, but then we do ask for it.

"There's no limit on the success that we want, even when we go multi-platinum there will always be the next thing to do. We just want to get our music to as many people as possible and hope that people enjoy our music as much as we do."

Palladium, Fibbers, Saturday, February 9, 7.30pm, tickets £7.

1:00pm today

By Charlotte Percival

just for Pinkunicorn123's joy:naughty:

It's still listed for March indeed, but it will probably come out in May. I asked Pete in Birmingham after some rumours I heard and that is what he told me. I still have hope that White Lady will be released in March but even that is unsure now. So I guess we'll have to wait and see...

It's still listed for March indeed, but it will probably come out in May. I asked Pete in Birmingham after some rumours I heard and that is what he told me. I still have hope that White Lady will be released in March but even that is unsure now. So I guess we'll have to wait and see...

..If it won't be postponed again... :(

Peter spoke to me about it in Newcastle.. it's gona be May, although it's all ready to go.. something to do with the record company take over. I guess we can keep our fingers crossed it gets relased earlier though:wink2:

Peter spoke to me about it in Newcastle.. it's gona be May, although it's all ready to go.. something to do with the record company take over. I guess we can keep our fingers crossed it gets relased earlier though:wink2:

Andiiiiii :wub2:

Mine are crossed :) .. whatta fabby night it was :thumb_yello: xx

Andiiiiii :wub2:

Mine are crossed :) .. whatta fabby night it was :thumb_yello: xx

hello lovely:wub2: it was a fabby night !!! can't wait to do it again... erm...in 3 weeks!!!! haha

Champagne and strawberries.. I know 2 boys who might regret saying that:roftl:

hello lovely:wub2: it was a fabby night !!! can't wait to do it again... erm...in 3 weeks!!!! haha

Champagne and strawberries.. I know 2 boys who might regret saying that:roftl:

helloooooo :wub2: mwahahaha! They may know now not to make such promises under the influence of so much alcohol :naughty: ....

Fred had forgotton the strawberries and first class :roftl: 2 days hangover ! :naughty:

awww cnt wait for the 28th hunni x The palladium pics are great btw :thumb_yello: x

helloooooo :wub2: mwahahaha! They may know now not to make such promises under the influence of so much alcohol :naughty: ....

Fred had forgotton the strawberries and first class :roftl: 2 days hangover ! :naughty:

awww cnt wait for the 28th hunni x The palladium pics are great btw x

hmmm... maybe we should have asked for more then:roftl: we should just pretend they were gona buy us diamonds.. they won't be able to argue if they can't remember:naughty:

28th.... counting the days hun:thumb_yello:

hmmm... maybe we should have asked for more then:roftl: we should just pretend they were gona buy us diamonds.. they won't be able to argue if they can't remember:naughty:

28th.... counting the days hun:thumb_yello:

yeah ! LOL! "Fred cant you remember the 5 course italian you promised me and andi and booking us into the Hilton Hotel :blink: ?? "

:roftl::wink2:

Counting toooooo babe :thumb_yello: x