Mika @ Toronto Guvernment Kool Haus

dcdeb

Oh god no! i'm sorry! i mean that i'm going to LEAVE my HOUSE at 7! goodness! i cant imagine waiting that long! I live a few hours away in michigan, its not that long of a drive though, and were staying in a hotel less than a mile away so we'll probably just mill around for a while

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god no! i'm sorry! i mean that i'm going to LEAVE my HOUSE at 7! goodness! i cant imagine waiting that long!

Oh good :roftl:

How long is the drive? Do you know? I can tell you it won't take long to get to the venue once you've reached downtown Toronto on the Gardiner. It's very close to the highway.

good god it's cheap !!! our tix were mor expensive then that... oh well it's the first time I miss being a student !

how far do you live from the bus central station ? you could go back to your place on a cab, would be safer... and you should have money since your bus tix are so cheap !

Actually this was without the student discount, in their regular website with student discount it was like 90$ I think.

http://sales2.coachcanada.com/ this is the website i used, apparently they have special sales. The ticket's have different prices depending on the time. but it looks like a good deal!.

Also, I will come back with you guys anyway, even if I have to be in class at 8:30 the next day! I guess I will have lots of coffee, but it's for a good cause! :roftl:

Oh god no! i'm sorry! i mean that i'm going to LEAVE my HOUSE at 7! goodness! i cant imagine waiting that long! I live a few hours away in michigan, its not that long of a drive though, and were staying in a hotel less than a mile away so we'll probably just mill around for a while

Ok, so you'll probably get to Toronto before noon or so...

I'm hoping I can do a big lunch first (INDOORS) and drink lots of water and Tim Horton's coffee, and go to the bathroom several times.... before lining up.

Ok, so you'll probably get to Toronto before noon or so...

I'm hoping I can do a big lunch first (INDOORS) and drink lots of water and Tim Horton's coffee, and go to the bathroom several times.... before lining up.

Oh lord, we're going to have to go to the bathroom after lining up. Unless we can avoid the lineup until 4 or 5 pm.

ooh, i lurve TH! i plan on bringing a water bottle and shoving it in my bag. I guess i'll have to hold onto my coat though, 'tis suckish :thumbdown: I'm pretty good at holding my pee though, i can usually hold it over 9 hour air plane rides. My moms a urologist though (don't ask...) so she tells me its really bad...oh well.

oh, i well i'm from michigan. I guess i didn't know those were british words? I use words like that but i don't have a british accent or anything so i don't think i sound british when i say them. Maybe its just because its online. I think i started saying lurve because of a julie andrews movie i saw a while ago though. "Wouldn't it be loverly" hmm, well i suppose that isn't exactly lurve, but hey, this is a dyslexia friendly zone, right?

oh, i well i'm from michigan. I guess i didn't know those were british words? I use words like that but i don't have a british accent or anything so i don't think i sound british when i say them. Maybe its just because its online. I think i started saying lurve because of a julie andrews movie i saw a while ago though. "Wouldn't it be loverly" hmm, well i suppose that isn't exactly lurve, but hey, this is a dyslexia friendly zone, right?

:roftl: Yes very dyslexic friendly. Our favourite mascot has dyslexia. :wink2:

haha, mascot. See, now whenever i have one of my dyslexia moments i just bring up Mika and start rambling on about how amazing he is and instead of laughing, my friends now choose to roll their eyes. Its a welcome change though:) I used to sit there and have a word in front of me and i'd read it wrong and someone would correct me and i would look at it again and it still looked the same way to me. I'd have to look at it several times before i'd get it, like when i type "becasue" it doesn't look wrong to me at all, even if i read it several times. i never associated this with dyslexia though, i though it was normal.

So since i'm going to the kool haus as my FIRST (eek!:) mika show, does anybody have any tips on meeting him? or how early should you get there in order to be in the front? I live in michigan but i might leave the day before to get there early, or at least by leave my house by 7am that day. Is that excessive? or not enough?

like Christine said, to meet him usually you just have to wait for him to come out of the venue after the show... which can be long. In Montréal we waited an hour and a half.

Actually this was without the student discount, in their regular website with student discount it was like 90$ I think.

http://sales2.coachcanada.com/ this is the website i used, apparently they have special sales. The ticket's have different prices depending on the time. but it looks like a good deal!.

Also, I will come back with you guys anyway, even if I have to be in class at 8:30 the next day! I guess I will have lots of coffee, but it's for a good cause! :roftl:

crap we already bought our tix.... :thumbdown:

ooh, i don't think thats a very long wait, but how many people usually wait as well? and what if you're not in the front of the blob of people? do you still ahve a chance of meeting him?

Well in Montréal we were only about 20-25 people waiting for him outside... this was in march. we all lined up like good kids and remained very calm and polite so he gladly took time to sign an autograph for every single person, took time to have a small word with everyone...

In Boston it was a "official signing" after the show so those of us who had wristbands for the signing queued up inside and he was at a table and we could only get our cds signed and could not get pics with him (in Montréal we did). But there was also people waiting for him at the back of the venue and he stopped and signed a few autographs for them but not everyone cause he was soooooo sick and it had started raining... and the crowd was a little younger and almost only girls and they were very excited to see him and some of them screaming a little so I think it scared him a little...

the key is to remain cool and collected and to be nice to the security guards ! :thumb_yello:

like when i type "becasue" it doesn't look wrong to me at all, even if i read it several times. i never associated this with dyslexia though, i though it was normal.

That's interesting. I've heard stories something like that but never quite understood how you perceived things. It seems children often have that problem with letters but they outgrow it quickly.

ooh, i don't think thats a very long wait, but how many people usually wait as well? and what if you're not in the front of the blob of people? do you still ahve a chance of meeting him?

Sometimes he can't stop at all for whatever reason - it depends how he's feeling, security, etc. But there were times on the European tour when he'd hang around until every person who was waiting for him got their turn.

I think Toronto looks promising. He shouldn't be sick and worn out from a long tour and he probably doesn't have to leave town straight after the gig because I think his next show isn't until Thursday. It's a small venue and a lot of people can't wait around for that long so I wouldn't expect hoards of fans to be there if he doesn't come out for an hour or two.

That's interesting. I've heard stories something like that but never quite understood how you perceived things. It seems children often have that problem with letters but they outgrow it quickly.

Sometimes he can't stop at all for whatever reason - it depends how he's feeling, security, etc. But there were times on the European tour when he'd hang around until every person who was waiting for him got their turn.

I think Toronto looks promising. He shouldn't be sick and worn out from a long tour and he probably doesn't have to leave town straight after the gig because I think his next show isn't until Thursday. It's a small venue and a lot of people can't wait around for that long so I wouldn't expect hoards of fans to be there if he doesn't come out for an hour or two.

I also have a good feeling about Toronto... I hope we get to meet him there cause I really don't think we're gonna have the chance to do so in Montréal... :thumbdown:

There should be a coat check there.... you shouldn't have to hold onto your coat during the concert.

the thing that sucks about coat check though... is that it lessens our chances to get in front... I'd rather have my coat with me and be in the frst row... I'll just put it in a bag or something I think...

the thing that sucks about coat check though... is that it lessens our chances to get in front... I'd rather have my coat with me and be in the frst row... I'll just put it in a bag or something I think...

Yeah I did that in Brixton. Then you can put the bag on the floor and not worry about your coat getting dirty.

Yeah I actually got this idea from you in another thread I think !! :naughty:

:thumb_yello: I didn't really need it actually. I could have put my coat on the barrier. But you never know what's going to happen in huge concert halls like Brixton. It's just a free for all to get to the front row once the doors open. I could have ended up 2 or 3 rows back and been stuck holding my coat.

Well in Montréal we were only about 20-25 people waiting for him outside... this was in march. we all lined up like good kids and remained very calm and polite so he gladly took time to sign an autograph for every single person, took time to have a small word with everyone...

In Boston it was a "official signing" after the show so those of us who had wristbands for the signing queued up inside and he was at a table and we could only get our cds signed and could not get pics with him (in Montréal we did). But there was also people waiting for him at the back of the venue and he stopped and signed a few autographs for them but not everyone cause he was soooooo sick and it had started raining... and the crowd was a little younger and almost only girls and they were very excited to see him and some of them screaming a little so I think it scared him a little...

the key is to remain cool and collected and to be nice to the security guards ! :thumb_yello:

there's not an official signing is there? I would assume its just wait and be merry. And thanks for the coat and bag idea! How tight is the security with cameras?Stop saying you have good feelings about this though! Don't want to jinx it! and i also don't want to get my hopes up too high

there's not an official signing is there? I would assume its just wait and be merry. And thanks for the coat and bag idea! How tight is the security with cameras?Stop saying you have good feelings about this though! Don't want to jinx it! and i also don't want to get my hopes up too high

usually security is cool with cameras I think... well juding on the amount of gig pics on here at least ! :thumb_yello:

and why stop saying I have good feelings ? :blink: I for one like to think positively...