Mika @ Toronto Guvernment Kool Haus

dcdeb

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. All my friends know i'm keeping track of the days so when they asked me today i replied "seven days" like the person in the movie...has anybody seen that movie? i forget what its called, but anyways, this wont make any sense if you haven't seen it. 7 days!!!!! ahh:) I brought pics of mika to school because everybody was wondering what he looked like, and of all the guy friends i showed, you could tell who was insecure because they were like "ooh how ugly" (anybody who has seen him at all knows thats a lie) and all the ones who were "secure in their manliness" i guess you could say, would all reply "yea, he's a good looking guy." i just found that i wee bit funny:)

Has anyone heard any promotion on the radio/tv for the Toronto show? (Other than just a concert listing)

The radio station I listen to used to play him last year, but stopped - they almost never play him now. I called them yesterday and asked if they were going to be doing anything for next week... they said they didn't think so. He came into the station last time he was here, but doesn't look like this time. Does he get any airplay here at all?? What station?

Has anyone heard any promotion on the radio/tv for the Toronto show? (Other than just a concert listing)

The radio station I listen to used to play him last year, but stopped - they almost never play him now. I called them yesterday and asked if they were going to be doing anything for next week... they said they didn't think so. He came into the station last time he was here, but doesn't look like this time. Does he get any airplay here at all?? What station?

I don't listen to Canadian radio so I'm not sure what's going on. I've been listening to Capital FM in London which is how I discovered Mika in the first place because they started playing Grace Kelly in late 2006.

I was in a store in January or February last year when I heard Chum FM playing Grace Kelly and they announced that tickets were on sale for the Mod Club which was the first I'd heard of it. I wasn't paying close attention to his touring schedule because he'd just come out in the UK so I thought it would be another 6-18 months before Canada got wind of him.

I know in the summer Relax was regularly ending up on the top 7 at 7 on Z103 because I think Lana posted something about it.

Which radio station did he go to last time? I know he did a long interview with Steve Anthony but I don't know where it took place.

i have heard NOTHING. its sad really

It doesn't surprise me. I can't believe it took this long to sell out such a small show. It doesn't make sense given that the Mod Club was sold out and people were scalping tickets for 7 times the face value outside the club. There were tons of ads on Craigslist with titles like "desperate to see Mika" but no one was selling tickets.

Most of the Canadians I've spoken to had never even heard of Mika in March so I would expect the demand would be easily double this time around if people knew he was coming.

EDIT - I was also on Mika's facebook artist profile and someone was posting from Toronto begging him to come here. I'm like...hello...he's got a date at the Kool Haus!! People just don't know.

Which radio station did he go to last time? I know he did a long interview with Steve Anthony but I don't know where it took place.

That Steve Anthony interview was so awkward wasn't it?? Steve sounded kind of hostile and defensive for some reason.

It's Chum FM that I usually listen to. They never play him anymore and I don't know why! He talked to Cory Kimm last time... the interview is on their site in the On Demand section under the Artists tab. It's a pretty good interview - better than Steve Anthony. Typical questions though, but he sounds all excited.

The lack of promotion in Toronto would explain the smaller demand / smaller venue / longer time before the chickets selling out....

Not that I mind - it's better for us - but I just don't understand why.

yeah - mika is a very talented man and he deserves to bo played on canadian airwaves more than he does now. i listen to a local station and they play him non stop cause i call and hound them:thumb_yello:

Did everybody print off their tickets or did you have them sent to your home? i was just wondering what the reason would be not to just print them...?

i got them sent to me cause i like having an authentic ticket rather than a peice of paper.

Is it better to have a ordered ticket versus paper, like is it faster at the door? (this could very well be one of the dumbest questions to be uttered from my...erm, hands....but nonetheless...?) And why do they say things like GA3 or GA9 and such...if its GA, isn't it just ....GA? what's the # for?

That Steve Anthony interview was so awkward wasn't it?? Steve sounded kind of hostile and defensive for some reason.

Really? I just remember him telling Mika how hot he was. :roftl:

Did everybody print off their tickets or did you have them sent to your home? i was just wondering what the reason would be not to just print them...?

I ordered mine from Live Nation and I don't know if there even was an option to print them. I ordered 4, not sure what I was going to do with them and it's better to have real tickets if you need to sell them.

Which station? I'll switch!!

It's a local station, you most likely wouldn't get it.

Is it better to have a ordered ticket versus paper, like is it faster at the door? (this could very well be one of the dumbest questions to be uttered from my...erm, hands....but nonetheless...?) And why do they say things like GA3 or GA9 and such...if its GA, isn't it just ....GA? what's the # for?

I think they do that just to like...sort out the tickets. Having a ticket versus a peice of paper makes no difference at all.

My numbers were 1-4 and Suzy's was 5. I think we bought the first 5 tickets. :biggrin2:

I don't think the ticket thing is going to matter at the door. We're possibly getting some names on a guest list and that I'm concerned about because I don't want to faff around at the door while someone looks for my name and 20 people walk in ahead of me.

My numbers were 1-4 and Suzy's was 5. I think we bought the first 5 tickets. :biggrin2:

I don't think the ticket thing is going to matter at the door. We're possibly getting some names on a guest list and that I'm concerned about because I don't want to faff around at the door while someone looks for my name and 20 people walk in ahead of me.

Name on a guestlist? why?

haha - i want to not pay. im so borke right now its not even funny.

Yeah I would like to sell my ticket and get in on the guestlist but I'm afraid to let go of my ticket after queuing all day. I don't want to take any chances. It's not worth $50.