Trick for Ticketmaster

PhotoJenic

Hey everyone! I found out a trick about using Ticketmaster and I figured I'd share....

I was searching for tickets when I was on the phone with my mom. We both were searching at the same time and I came up with tickets for row N left center stage and she came up with a row that was farther back. :blink: That's when I got the idea to open up a new window and try searching again. I kept the window open for the row that was closer and would always search in the other window (had to do it quick though because I'd lose the tickets in 15 minutes.) Eventually it got to the point where I was jumping from window to window because I'd end up with row U in one then V in the other then back to rows K, N, Y and so on (I hope I'm making any sense!) Finally in the end I ended up with seats for row E left center stage, which was the closest I could come up with searching for two tickets together because there's two right and left center stages. The first right and left stages (closest to the stage) are from rows DD to RR and the second right and left center (where I'm at) is rows B to Y then eventually all there's left is balcony seating.

When you search for Ticketmaster they give you the best tickets available at that moment but will only hold them for 15 minutes so that's what was happening to me. Someone had those tickets but then lost them after 15 minutes so when I searched at that exact time I came up with them.

It feels really weird talking about rows and seats at a gig because normally they're all standing! I hope I wasn't too confusing. Anyway, I don't know if any of you already knew about this Ticketmaster trick... but if not well there ya go! :biggrin2:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome I'm glad it made some sense haha. I couldn't figure out how to explain it. :bleh: I'm really scatterbrained right now with finals and then you should have seen me searching for tickets. I was searching and typing so fast I think I nearly lit my keyboard on fire! :wink2:

When you search for Ticketmaster they give you the best tickets available at that moment but will only hold them for 15 minutes so that's what was happening to me. Someone had those tickets but then lost them after 15 minutes so when I searched at that exact time I came up with them.

I ran into that when I bought tickets for Alan Jackson last year - it was a 17,000 seat stadium, so when I got seats on the second level I was thrilled, and bought 'em right away. I wasn't so thrilled when I searched again immediately afterwards just for the sake of looking, and floor tickets came up. :shocked:

Also, a word of warning - you got 15 minutes, but for some events they only hold your ticks for maybe two minutes. Read the fine print!

I ran into that when I bought tickets for Alan Jackson last year - it was a 17,000 seat stadium, so when I got seats on the second level I was thrilled, and bought 'em right away. I wasn't so thrilled when I searched again immediately afterwards just for the sake of looking, and floor tickets came up. :shocked:

Also, a word of warning - you got 15 minutes, but for some events they only hold your ticks for maybe two minutes. Read the fine print!

Oh man! :doh: Too bad there's no way you could have cancelled the first ticket to get the floor one! I would have been trying to find a way knowing me. :naughty: