The John Lennon Thread.

MIKA_OBESSED

...and what was said about her? I'm interested to find out.

well, a lot of the people in my class didn't even know who Lennon was :shocked:

so, i had to explain who he was then who Yoko was.

my teacher doesn't really like her at all, he thinks she's just kind of a nuisance..

this one kid who actually knew who she was thinks she's kind of scary looking. :naughty:

and a person who caught on to the conversation said she "didn't like her since she broke up the beatles."

aand, from then on it was basically me explaining Beatles history.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my teacher doesn't really like her at all, he thinks she's just kind of a nuisance..

this one kid who actually knew who she was thinks she's kind of scary looking. :naughty:

and a person who caught on to the conversation said she "didn't like her since she broke up the beatles."

What is wrong with the world?

Yeah...a lot of people think she broke up the Beatles. My parents don't really care for her either. My mom says she acts like the only one who ever lost a loved one...

Anyway, I can't believe people didn't know who John Lennon was. Thankfully, most people at my school at least know OF him!

I have a love/hate relationship with Yoko. While I think that John was deeply devoted and in love with her, and that she loved John, I also can't help but feel a bit of dislike when it comes to certain aspects about her, completely disregarding the fact that she's a bit of a kook. From what I've read, she used to be quite abusive to John, and influenced him to do things that would harm himself, like snorting crack, starving himself because she didn't want him to get fat (I think he was actually bulimic), she treated the majority of their marriage after Sean was born as "business." One thing that kind of makes me a bit sad is that, toward the end of his life, John wanted to try for another baby, because he wanted a little girl, and Yoko outright refused, and it made John really depressed. Things like that don't sit well with me, but I do think that she loved John, regardless of her psychotic and harmful tendencies. John was always the loving partner in the relationship, and Yoko was more strict and stern.

I don't think he was entirely devoted to her... what about that girl he had an affair with during their marriage?

Yoko set them up. :blink: That was bizarre, as well.

I think that John needed that, to be honest. Yoko sent him away with May Pang and made him crawl back to her and beg for mercy. It was a very positive thing, I think, as twisted as it sounds. :blink:

What is wrong with the world?

the people around here are only into what music/clothing and such that's new and "cool" now.

they have no clue.

Yeah...a lot of people think she broke up the Beatles. My parents don't really care for her either. My mom says she acts like the only one who ever lost a loved one...

Anyway, I can't believe people didn't know who John Lennon was. Thankfully, most people at my school at least know OF him!

i don't care for her myself, but i don't hate her.

and it really bugged me that i had to explain who he was to people.

i mean, come on!

I have a love/hate relationship with Yoko. While I think that John was deeply devoted and in love with her, and that she loved John, I also can't help but feel a bit of dislike when it comes to certain aspects about her, completely disregarding the fact that she's a bit of a kook. From what I've read, she used to be quite abusive to John, and influenced him to do things that would harm himself, like snorting crack, starving himself because she didn't want him to get fat (I think he was actually bulimic), she treated the majority of their marriage after Sean was born as "business." One thing that kind of makes me a bit sad is that, toward the end of his life, John wanted to try for another baby, because he wanted a little girl, and Yoko outright refused, and it made John really depressed. Things like that don't sit well with me, but I do think that she loved John, regardless of her psychotic and harmful tendencies. John was always the loving partner in the relationship, and Yoko was more strict and stern.

see that kind of bothers me about her.

i know that they both loved each other, but to do that to a person..

well, i don't like it.

I think that John needed that, to be honest. Yoko sent him away with May Pang and made him crawl back to her and beg for mercy. It was a very positive thing, I think, as twisted as it sounds. :blink:

That's...kinda nice,in a weird,mean way.:blink:

i don't care for her myself, but i don't hate her.

and it really bugged me that i had to explain who he was to people.

i mean, come on!

Yeah, seriously. How do you even begin to explain who John Lennon was? I mean, come on, he's John Lennon. That should be explanation enough. Stupid kids.

Yeah, seriously. How do you even begin to explain who John Lennon was? I mean, come on, he's John Lennon. That should be explanation enough. Stupid kids.

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. I think I have three teachers at my school who have some sort of Beatles picture up in their room. One teacher has a HUGE picture of the four of them. I want to steal it but I think he'll notice...:naughty:

I'd think it was dumb, but as time goes by, the kids are starting to have parents who were born in the late 60s and early 70s instead of the mid/late 50s like a lot of the young adults of today. It's likely that a lot of their parents didn't grow up listening to the Beatles, and instead were into 70s bands or 80s bands, so they probably didn't introduce them to their children. While I cannot imagine no one knowing who John Lennon was, simply because he is brought up very frequently and has become a major part of pop culture, I can be forgiving with people say, not knowing who George Harrison was. I used to drive my 13 year old niece to soccer practice along with her friend, and I would play the Beatles. My niece's friend said that she had never heard the Beatles before I played it in my car. Her parents were born in the 70s.

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. I think I have three teachers at my school who have some sort of Beatles picture up in their room. One teacher has a HUGE picture of the four of them. I want to steal it but I think he'll notice...:naughty:

Good for your teachers! And you should just try and snatch that poster one day...:naughty:

My cinema professor from this semester loves the Beatles...he's actually the one that started my recent obsession. He showed us a couple clips from A Hard Day's Night, and I fell in love! He carries around a goofy little Beatles bag, and he even teaches a class on the Beatles and popular culture of the 60s...how cool is that? I'm definitely taking that class if I get the chance!

I'd think it was dumb, but as time goes by, the kids are starting to have parents who were born in the late 60s and early 70s instead of the mid/late 50s like a lot of the young adults of today. It's likely that a lot of their parents didn't grow up listening to the Beatles, and instead were into 70s bands or 80s bands, so they probably didn't introduce them to their children. While I cannot imagine no one knowing who John Lennon was, simply because he is brought up very frequently and has become a major part of pop culture, I can be forgiving with people say, not knowing who George Harrison was. I used to drive my 13 year old niece to soccer practice along with her friend, and I would play the Beatles. My niece's friend said that she had never heard the Beatles before I played it in my car. Her parents were born in the 70s.

Sarie can't.

I get what you mean though. Luckily, I have a parent born in the early 50's and a parent born in the early 60's so I get a little bit of both.

You're definitely right there. Even my mom who was born in the 50s wasn't into all the Beatlemania...she was only 7 when they first came to the U.S. I guess I just got lucky with a dad who only listens to the oldies stations on the radio, so I always got a good helping of 60s music when I was younger. So even though my parents were never big Beatles fans, I always knew who they were and I knew about the legendary John Lennon.

Sarie can't.

I get what you mean though. Luckily, I have a parent born in the early 50's and a parent born in the early 60's so I get a little bit of both.

Yes. :thumb_yello: Both of my parents were born in the early 50s, '53 and '54, but I really didn't get much Beatles from them. My mom loved them and would play them when I was little, but I just don't think my dad listened to music at all. I ask him about it, but he can never come up with a single artist that he liked. :blink:

So here's a funny story for ya: I made my mom watch Help! with me the other night, and in the very first scene with the Beatles (when they are singing Help) John was on the screen, and my mom said, "Now, which one is that? Is that John Lennon?" :roftl: Shows how little she knows about the Beatles.

Yes. :thumb_yello: Both of my parents were born in the early 50s, '53 and '54, but I really didn't get much Beatles from them. My mom loved them and would play them when I was little, but I just don't think my dad listened to music at all. I ask him about it, but he can never come up with a single artist that he liked. :blink:

My dad was pretty big on the Beatles as well as a lot of rock and roll groups later on. His favorite is Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. A select few at my school even know who they are. My brother likes that type of music too, and he's the one who got me into Queen (I stole his CD). It was neat...the other day, we were cleaning out our basement and we found a bunch of old records and there were a few Queen ones as well as some Beatles. Too bad our record player broke. :naughty: My mom (is 11 years younger than my dad) is more into the women singers. She loves Olivia Newton-John...and Barbara Streisand (yuck, don't care for her). Though I found out not too long ago my mom was a huge Queen fan, which I thought was cool.

It doesn't really matter who set them up, the point is that he had "relations" with someone who wasn't his wife. That's not really devotion...

Sarie can't.

Damn right. I spit on people who don't know who George Harrison is.

HOCK-TEW.

It doesn't really matter who set them up, the point is that he had "relations" with someone who wasn't his wife. That's not really devotion...

I don't know, I still think so. ...but I'm someone who believes that you can be in mad love with two people at once, so who am I to say? :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know, I still think so. ...but I'm someone who believes that you can be in mad love with two people at once, so who am I to say? :mf_rosetinted:

Well you can be madly in love with two people at once... but you can't be devoted entirely to both. That's just common logic.

Well you can be madly in love with two people at once... but you can't be devoted entirely to both. That's just common logic.

Yes, but he wasn't devoted to May Pang. She was his sex object while Yoko kicked him out of the picture. Yoko hired her to babysit John and make sure that he wasn't seeing anyone else while they were having their "lost weekend." John still continued to think about Yoko throughout the entire time. I read a book that was based on John's diaries that a guy stole. Yoko wanted John to come crawling back to her, and he would call all the time and ask if he could come home, but she wouldn't let him. In my opinion, he was entirely devoted, maybe not completely physically, but definitely spiritually and emotionally.

Yes, but he wasn't devoted to May Pang. She was his sex object while Yoko kicked him out of the picture. Yoko hired her to babysit John and make sure that he wasn't seeing anyone else while they were having their "lost weekend." John still continued to think about Yoko throughout the entire time. I read a book that was based on John's diaries that a guy stole. Yoko wanted John to come crawling back to her, and he would call all the time and ask if he could come home, but she wouldn't let him. In my opinion, he was entirely devoted, maybe not completely physically, but definitely spiritually and emotionally.

That's so nice.:wub2: