Peter Pan

wolfs_cry

So peter pan and everyone who lives in Neverland doesnt age riight?

So howcome Captain Hook and his crew are old men?? this just occured to me there.....surely if no one ages they'd all be kids ooor be running around in dipers.s..

aww a baby captain hook in dipers :wub2:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know Captain hook arrived in neverland when he was an adult. Then he lost his hand in a fight with Peter and wanted to kill Peter for it so they stayed :blink:

or something like that:naughty:

ahh but how did hook get to Neverland if he was old when he arrived? cause somehow i dont think Peter Pan would give him dust to fly to Neverland.....or maybe they did and hook gave pan dodgey directions thus the hatred between them 2 begun....all cause hook couldnt read a map :P

Only Peter and his crew don't age. (Because Peter is immortal and the Lost Boys are dead.) Tinkerbell, for instance, grows old and dies by the end of the novel.

But yes, Captain Hook arrived in Neverland as an adult anyway.

--Jack

ahh but how did hook get to Neverland if he was old when he arrived? cause somehow i dont think Peter Pan would give him dust to fly to Neverland.....or maybe they did and hook gave pan dodgey directions thus the hatred between them 2 begun....all cause hook couldnt read a map :P

Neverland is not entirely under Peter's jurisdiction--various people arrive there in different ways, and even Peter was first brought there by fairies.

People come to Neverland when they fall off the map in one way or another. You can fly, but you can also swim to it--you can get to it in any way that defies definite directions. (Ie, air and water are both very amorphous, mysterious things.) Hook sailed to it, I believe.

--Jack

In fact, now that I think about it... it's not that people don't age, but age does not exist as such for Peter and his boys. They are children forever, but not simply in terms of not aging.

Like, bet you can't tell me how old any of them are. :bleh: Peter supposedly brought the Lost Boys over after they fell out of their prams and were lost--well, only babies and toddlers are put in prams, and they are not babies or toddlers.

Tiger Lily is old enough to be married within her tribe apparently, but she is romantically interested in Peter.

The passage to Neverland itself does weird things with time.

--Jack

You have noooooooooo idea how obsessed with J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan I am. :naughty:

I generally prefer the novelization to the play (they're a bit different), but I like the play too... and some of the earlier short stories ("Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens"). It's just the kind of gloriously messed up children's story that I love.

--Jack

Ahh okay, just wondering. :naughty:

How is the play different from the novel? I read the book a long time ago for a literature assignment, but I've never seen the play.

btw, there's a ton of other (pre-Disney) children's stories that are pretty freakishly demented. Some of them are really twisted (like the one where the little mermaid kills herself. :boxed:)

The play was written first, and it's a bit simpler and more optimistic.

Most non-American children's stories are demented. :naughty: "The Little Mermaid" one is not a patch on some of them... I rather love Hans Christian Andersen too though.

I adore Oscar Wilde's fairytales, like the "Star Child" which must have the most awful ending ever, I think. Ha.

I'm not Peter Pan but I wanted him to take me away when I was about to turn 10... he never quite did. I'm all about twisted children's stories. That's why I write my own fairy tales. :wink2:

--Jack

I love him in Lost Boys too, but I've never seen 24 before.

watch the first series then stop.....yeh Keifer/David is sooooo hot :P

I swear it was that film that made my the wee punky chiken i am today :P hmm was thiking abou tthat film last night when my friend was eating noodles also have the urge now to buy a dirtbike....

*looks on ebay :P*

lol well if you saw me i stand out :P no one back home believes me that i went to go see mika....

i told people and they were like yeh rite, ur suuuch a joker...seriously why were u in london!!!

im imagining a wee yellow chicken with a punk green mohawk and tonnes of piercings hahahah

*begins creating*