I need some advice!

Hi all MFC'ers! Sorry to begin another thread, but I didn't know where to put this message (I wanted to be sure it is going to be read!) :sorry: So, as the title say, I need advice from you. So, that's the problem: I live in a Montréal suburb (Canada). CaroLollipop heard on radio that there's a rumor about Mika coming to the St.Jean festival this August (this town is not so far from mine). I don't know what to do, because I know that if Mika comes to St.Jean, he will probably not sing in French. My goal is to hear him sing in French (it's my first language), cause I went totally crazy when I heard him on the Internet. And on July 16, I know he will be singing in French, for the Francofolies festival in La Rochelle, France. But do I take the chance to fly to France in July? I don't know if I want to pay a big amount for this. The programmation of the St.Jean festival will only be revealed in July. Aaaaaa I don't know what to do! I know that if I go, it will probably be the better experience of my young life (I will turn 18 in May!) I will be major and I will be able to use my new freedom, but I'm still hesitating. Will I regret to go see him in France if I come back and learn he's doing a show in my region? What do you think everybody?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all MFC'ers! Sorry to begin another thread, but I didn't know where to put this message (I wanted to be sure it is going to be read!) :sorry: So, as the title say, I need advice from you. So, that's the problem: I live in a Montréal suburb (Canada). CaroLollipop heard on radio that there's a rumor about Mika coming to the St.Jean festival this August (this town is not so far from mine). I don't know what to do, because I know that if Mika comes to St.Jean, he will probably not sing in French. My goal is to hear him sing in French (it's my first language), cause I went totally crazy when I heard him on the Internet. And on July 16, I know he will be singing in French, for the Francofolies festival in La Rochelle, France. But do I take the chance to fly to France in July? I don't know if I want to pay a big amount for this. The programmation of the St.Jean festival will only be revealed in July. Aaaaaa I don't know what to do! I know that if I go, it will probably be the better experience of my young life (I will turn 18 in May!) I will be major and I will be able to use my new freedom, but I'm still hesitating. Will I regret to go see him in France if I come back and learn he's doing a show in my region? What do you think everybody?

Well u know the Francofolies is a sure thing. He will definitely sing his heart out in French (I wish I could go but I already Paris and Nimes on my calendar). And u do want to celebrate your 18th bday non? If I were you, I'd go to France in July on vacation and, if Mika decides to do St. Jean in August, then plan to be back then so u can see him a second time. Don't chose between the icing and the cake. Have them both!:roftl: :roftl:

BON COURAGE !!

I would say go to La Rochelle. He will sing in French, you can have a celebration of your 18th, feel grown up (lol) and genereally have a fab time. And then when the list is announced if he is performing in Montreal, go there too!!! Or can you not?

Off topic but hey, I do French at school, I'd love to be able to speak fluently, I have so much respect for people who can speak more than one language.

I am trying to use French as much as possible to do well at school in it - I really want to do well in it!!! SO here goes at some very amateur French:

Choisis aller a La Rochelle parce que La Rochelle est belle. J'adore La Rochelle comme j'ai allé a La Rochelle mai dernier. Plus, si tu vas aller La Rochelle tu vas adorer beaucoup Mika.

That French took about 10 minutes!!!! Was it accurate?? lol:naughty: I don't think it is but hey ho!! Yeh, I think you should go to France, I would if I had the chance rather than staying in my home town!

Well u know the Francofolies is a sure thing. He will definitely sing his heart out in French (I wish I could go but I already Paris and Nimes on my calendar). And u do want to celebrate your 18th bday non? If I were you, I'd go to France in July on vacation and, if Mika decides to do St. Jean in August, then plan to be back then so u can see him a second time. Don't chose between the icing and the cake. Have them both!:roftl: :roftl:

BON COURAGE !!

Thank you, I love the way you think. I just have to find someone to come with me (it won't be easy, I think!) You almost convinced me... I will see if I can have holidays during summer, first... and I will talk again about this later.:wink2:

Off topic but hey, I do French at school, I'd love to be able to speak fluently, I have so much respect for people who can speak more than one language.

I am trying to use French as much as possible to do well at school in it - I really want to do well in it!!! SO here goes at some very amateur French:

Choisis aller a La Rochelle parce que La Rochelle est belle. J'adore La Rochelle comme j'ai allé a La Rochelle mai dernier. Plus, si tu vas aller La Rochelle tu vas adorer beaucoup Mika.

That French took about 10 minutes!!!! Was it accurate?? lol:naughty: I don't think it is but hey ho!! Yeh, I think you should go to France, I would if I had the chance rather than staying in my home town!

You French is OK, be sure I understood everything. Continue to practice like this if you want to succeed, it's the best way to improve a second language. I know everyone understand my posts on the forums, but I'm not bilingual :thumbdown: You're on the good way!!! And thank you for the advice :biggrin2:

NO festivals in august are planned so far. sure source. I hope things change for ya, but do not book ticks for now. just trying to make ya save the money, sorry :boxed:

It's Ok, it's your opinion... But I'm realizing that the problem's not money, it's courage!:wink2: