Essex FM - I met the Morning Crew!

CazGirl

hello!!

For you non-UKers/non Essex-ers (:roftl:) let me just tell you a little bit about our local radio station: Essex FM!

Hokay, so, a lot of you know I work in a cinema. Well, I work in a cinema in Essex and Martin&Su and the Morning Crew decided to hold a charity event, and they gave tickets away so people could see the new film "27 Dresses" before it's actual release. My cousin and I went along but just observed, as we didn't buy the tickets from the Radio Station.

It was held on the first floor and I can honestly say our cinema has never looked so glamourous xDDD they had a flashing coloured chocolate fountain, balloons, flowers, CHEFS WITH PLATTERS, and a CHAMPAGNE FOUNTAIN! I was like woooaaaah!!! and I took piccies :naughty: they are uploading on photobucket now. well it's uploaded 2 of 9 images and is stuck on 9% -_-

anyway, so my manager got her camera out (she's a part time wedding photographer lol) and as a joke I said "well if you need any models, me and my cousin will be happy to assist!" and she said "okay then well you go and stand over there, next to the Essex FM banner.." and I was like "Oh God I was only joking" :roftl: but ended up posing anyway with two cinema workers who were chosen to help with the event, so there they were in their glamourous dresses me and in jeans and a shirt. Nice. That *may* go on the Essex FM website haha.

Anyway, I kept seeing this tall-ish woman in a brown dress and short brown hair and thought she was part of the radio station, which she was, but just helping out with the organising. Turns out it was Su! One of the presenters! I didn't speak to her or anything, didn't want to appear weird lol. HI SU IM CAROLINE AND I WORK HERE HOW ARE YOU?? :roftl:

anyway so the guests started piling up and they were soon let in to their little area and were given choccies, and platters and champagne and i really wanted champagne. i dont even like champage, i just wanted to mingle and feel important :naughty:

anyway Martin also came up and I was snapping away. My cousin and I were minding our own business when this Essex FM person approached us and said "Have I taken a picture of you, yet?" and I said "Oh no, we're just observing" and she said "oh well! I'll take one anyway!" so we posed and had our picture taken LOL, which may also be on the website.

Mine and Lorraine's (my cousin) film was about to start so we went off.

Our film finished and as we were on the second floor, we walked down the stairs and reached the first floor, and Su was outside. We walked up to them to see what the problem was and it turns out that there was an awful lot of static in the threatre, and it was so loud it drowned out the noise from the film. God knows how it happened - i've been there nearly 2 years and haven't experienced anything like it. I turned to Su and said "was the film good up until then?" and she laughed and replied "yeah it was but it just got to the point where she was just about to have a row with the guy!" and i was like "oh no!" xDDD

Dom, another presenter, was there standing right next to her but at the time I had no idea who he was, except that he was really, really quite cute. Gosh I wish i said something now xDDD Turns out Martin just gave a speech about the charity and left shortly after (and yes, I donated!).

Before meeting them I was joking to Lorraine about having pictures with them but I'm kinda glad I didn't, because I woulda just felt weird asking them to have a pic with me. Before the film started they seemed pretty preoccupied and I had a small chance with Su when our film finished but it would have just been weird. So I left it.

Erm...so yeah that's about it really! Was very interesting and for those who live in Essex, you may just hear about the fiasco tomorrow morning!!

Photobucket is now only about 70% through so I'll post them once they're complete.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures were taken on my phone so the quality isn't great. DEAL WITH IT. xDD

Setting up - you can see the champagne fountain on the left and the chocolate fountain in the middle.

Photo-0263.jpg

Essex FM banner:

Photo-0265.jpg

the start of the string of balloons

Photo-0266.jpg

even bigger!

Photo-0267.jpg

I tried to get a picture of Martin here, but someone got in the way! but still, goes to show how many people there were.

Photo-0268.jpg

A view from the balcony

Photo-0270.jpg