The Oldlings Part 15

Wendi

Hey Ricki, long time no see. How are you?

And Pooh, what are your plans for the weekend?

I'm good. Little bit of a cold but ready for a relaxing weekend. Nothing really planned and it's supposed to rain.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Pooh, how are you today? :thumb_yello:

Hey Ricki, long time no see. How are you?

And Pooh, what are your plans for the weekend?

i'm good thanks :thumb_yello:

i plan to be here all evening tonight, i havn't been here on a friday night for a while. last week all the fighting talk crashed the site :wink2:

gary is out tonight and tomorrow afternoon so i will be doing whatever i want (which will probably involve being here :biggrin2:)

i have 'school' tomorrow morning :original:

Hey AMP, Ricki, Pooh and charlie, how are you!

Charlie, instant smile when seeing your siggy, it's so my favourite

AMP, love your avatar, can't get any dutchier

blommin msn, now I have to try and fix it :thumbdown:

hello, Patty!

sorry to hear about your knees, yes, you should spend 10 to 15 hours a day here! it will take your mind off your knees!

I suppose I should be getting to work on my next project-- it's about 'Paper Sons' and how Chinese immigrants (mostly men) were treated horribly at Angel Island in San Francisco in 1920s-1940s. But I have to tell it with emphasis on how it impacted the women.

Times like this I am embarassed by my country's past... we welcomed some immigrants & discouraged & abused others. These detainees carved poems about their suffering (in Chinese ) into the walls of the barracks, it is now a state landmark/museum.

I'll pop back in now & then to see if anything happened!

bye-

Leona

Hi Leona don't think you're on here right now, but wanted to respond to your post. :wub2:

Your studies sound very interesting. When I was in university, I loved a course in anthropology (native peoples in Canada - women's roles within the first nations were important ones and demanded respect from the whole tribe) - It's wonderful that we are now seeing herstory for a change in this man's world! (won't weealx have fun with this? :sneaky2: )

When you think about it, there probably are no countries with an unblemished past in terms of how they treated others who were "different" from themselves. Canada interred our famous son David Suzuki (environmentalist/scientist) and his family in segregated camps just because they originally came from Japan. :shocked:

Good luck on your next project! :thumb_yello: (kinda makes me miss school in a way)

Oh, and thanks for the assignment - 10-15 hr/day on MFC - whoopeeeee!!!!!

Patty

Ho Pooh, Ricki, Patty - and any one else who is about :)

Next week, according to Fred and Jerry:thumb_yello:

:boxed: Was gutted this morning!!

and of course I am here, what more excitement do you want? :roftl:

:mf_rosetinted:

What is your mental age then?

:lmao: Nice one AMP!!! :naughty:

:boxed: Was gutted this morning!!

:

I bet you were, Wendi. I really feel badly for all of you who have been working at this official status business for so long.... all the blood, sweat and tears.... it will pay off eventually, it must!!!:thumb_yello: And we will all be in your debt! :punk:

Any new Mika dreams?

I had one, believe it or not, the other night. He and I were sitting at a table with some laundry scattered about (not our's:sneaky2: ) He was to do some childcare for me, (but my youngest is 15 :boxed: ) I guess that's why he was there. He looked at me and gave a half wink with his L (lazy) eye.... rapturous it was! :wub2:

If you read this, CattieGurl, don't worry!!! It prob means something about you (not this oldling) and him .... :thumb_yello:

I still say he'd be an awesome son-in-law!!!!:punk:

LOL! I wish there was a way for it to be my screen saver! I would love to turn on my computer and see his little bum wiggle everyday. LOL!!