Elsiane and other artists that Mika supports/promotes

mamacatt

One of the traits that makes Mika unique, I think, is his promotion/support of other artists particularly those just starting out.

How many singer/songwriters would take time in an interview to put in a good word for another group? Well Mika would and does.

Last year he was interviewed on Much Music in Toronto Canada (can't locate that vid in its entirety now-argh!) and brought up the name of a group called Elsiane. Apparently the record co. had let him listen to some of their music as they had just signed Elsiane. The band's vocals were purportedly "too weird" even for Cirque de Soleil. This year in Toronto, while listening to the pre-gig piped-in music, we happily recognized an Elsiane song in the collection. I wonder, does Mika choose what is played prior to the show beginning? Something tells me, yes.

Anyways, because of Mika mentioning other artists of note, some of us have been led to find new music to love.

What other groups has Mika put in a good word for and you now adore? What songs during the pre-gig did you love to hear blasting from the speakers?

Check out the rhythmic and haunting Elsiane at

myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=84993985

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really different, her voice is like one of the instruments. It really is haunting and pretty cool.

Hi SK - Neat, eh? Someone once asked her where that voice comes from and she answered that she didn't really know - she goes into sort of a trance when she is singing.... Another:

I wonder, does Mika choose what is played prior to the show beginning? Something tells me, yes.

I"m 99% sure he does. Not sure if it was the same throughout the entire North American tour, but many of the songs I heard in LA and San Francisco were songs/artists he's mentioned - Sweet Dreams was one, Standing in The Way of Control was another... I totally think he's handpicked the pre-show playlist.

I"m 99% sure he does. Not sure if it was the same throughout the entire North American tour, but many of the songs I heard in LA and San Francisco were songs/artists he's mentioned - Sweet Dreams was one, Standing in The Way of Control was another... I totally think he's handpicked the pre-show playlist.

That's so cool to think that he looks after all the little details as well as the big ones. :wub2:

• 1 month later...
ooo did he mention them can u post the interview where he talks about them i dont think i have seen that one before! i am listening to them now i think i have heard of them before i really like them!

Oh, I'm sorry but I don't remember what interview it was. It has to be a long time ago and it may have been in a Swedish newspaper.

He said that was a friend to the oldest member of BWO, and that he loved their music.:thumb_yello:

Maybe someone else remember?:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
I saw Elsiane live a few weeks ago! She was Robyn's supporting act in Montreal! She's really good! Her voice is so great live!

Aww, glad you got to see Elsiane live. I am hoping that they will play closer to my home and I will be there front row, centre!

Yes and another Swedish group, BWO!

This is their latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63oOSOxr_s

Interesting... they put me in mind of .... ABBA.

• 6 months later...