The Billy Talent Thread

annabelle

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you like them.

I saw them last year, they were performing at the Frequency festival in Salzburg, and all I can say is that they are truly phenomanal live. I had so much fun. Here are some pictures:

l_d300a9ace0cfc9cf7390f2a6a386b2e0.jpg

l_ea67c2bbb4f8c0b6c007f93b9af8bcf4.jpg

l_11be93e26191377c189020c40321c803.jpg

Savage Beauty- I'm kind of jelaous 'cause you'll see them.:bleh: You're gonna have SO much fun, you'll see. I hope they will come to the Exit festival (because this is the only festival I'm going to this year), and even more I hope that they will have an individual concert somewhere near our country. Cause I'm so gonna be there.:punk:

Well Lyss (nice to meet you, btw:)) they're definitely worth buying a festival pass.:wink2: When exactly is this festival taking place? Which song do you like most? (lots of questions:cool: )

you too! *shake hand*

the festival is the 12-15 June, and Billy Talent plays that Saturday :)

Along with a Norwegian band called Madrugada (which are also brilliant), Paramore and Rufus Wainwright. I thiiiiink... oh touch choise.. Right now my favourites are Red Flag and Try Honesty.. but it changes according to mood and such :punk:

^^It's funny to read how you needed time to get used to Ben's voice. Am I really the only one who loved it from the very first second? It's just so different, specific and special.

So Lyss, if I understand correctly you have to decide between BT, Rufus, Paramore and Madrugada? I'm telling you- Billy Talent is the right choice.:naughty: There's no way you can regret that.

Red flag is absolutely brilliant...but then again all the songs from their second album are...it is impossible to decide for just one.

But one of their absolute best is definitely River Below.:punk:

I'm sick and I'm twisted

I'm broken you can't fix it

Don't make me, cause I'll do it

Red button and we'll all go

Into the river below...I'm running from the inferno...

They'll think I'm insane, but you'll all know my name!

Into the river below...I'm running from the inferno...

I'll take all the blame, the front page and the fame!

:punk:

• 2 months later...

Well this was one dead thread O_o

I just saw Billy Talent live for the first time on Saturday, had been waiting to get that chance for years now!!

And it was so so so so so worth the wait.. I keep watching the concert online over and over just to relive it!!!

God, I still haven't landed back down on earth!!!! :thumb_yello:

Well this was one dead thread O_o

I just saw Billy Talent live for the first time on Saturday, had been waiting to get that chance for years now!!

And it was so so so so so worth the wait.. I keep watching the concert online over and over just to relive it!!!

God, I still haven't landed back down on earth!!!! :thumb_yello:

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh gosh. I'm so jelaous!

I want a full report, you hear me?:bleh: Do you have any pictures or videos?

Believe me- it will take some time to get down to earth.:naughty:I know it took me a lot of time to land back.

Surrender............ Every where, every though, every sound..............

Love them!!!! I really want to see them live!!! Last year they came to Madrid and I wanted to go but had lots of exams so cant do it!

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh gosh. I'm so jelaous!

I want a full report, you hear me?:bleh: Do you have any pictures or videos?

Believe me- it will take some time to get down to earth.:naughty:I know it took me a lot of time to land back.

Full report coming up! In several parts due to image-restriction :thumbdown:

About half an hour before Billy Talent were due on stage I made my way to the stage again to secure a good spot, and ended up right in front of the stage, in the middle. Loads of hyped up people there who were just as eager as me and had been waiting just as long to finally get to see them, and when the band finally made it onstage, it was worth all the years of waiting, and all the money spent on the ticket!!

It was BRILLIANT!! The energy, the music, the tightness of the band, the songs I love so much.. Everyone were singing along, the band seemed more and more thrilled to play the further into the concert they came, and the weather was brilliant, the weather was brilliant, and though I had promised my mates not to mosh (bad back), I just couldn't help myself :-P

They played all my favourite songs; Try Honesty, Surrender, The Navy Song, Fallen Leaves, Devil in a midnight mass, and a brand new song as well which was brilliant :-D

Ben was completely hyped up by the festival and the weather and the crowd and seemed to be enjoying himself immensely on stage, which was also obvious between the songs where he talked for minutes at a time. He told us he wanted to swap Sweden for America so Canada and Norway could join up and be neighbours instead, cos we reminded him so much of Canada, how every single girl he'd seen in Norway was attractive (cliché, but he said it in such a way that it sounded like he meant it a little bit at least :naughty: ) but how not one of us had looked at him when he was walking down the street the previous day. He told us that they had been in Norway 3 times now and were blown away by the audience every time and swore to come back as soon as the new album is out.

He asked us how we felt about Rufus Wainwright who played before them, and when some people in the audience boo'ed, he said "Don't boo that dude, he has the "effin" voice of an angel I tell ya!"

I have to admit, I've never bothered much with the members of the band, I never do... I always focus on the music and the bandmembers are just there to play it, but I DID develop a tiny crush on him after that concert :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

They ended the set with my favourite song, RED FLAG, and the crowd went MENTAL!!! At least I did, I can't really remember what happened around me at that time :naughty::roftl:

But yeah, Iiiiiiiiii went kinda nuts :roftl:

Couldn't help myself, I'd been waiting for so many years :)

So, pictures and videos:

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

After the concert I went up the hill to wait for the next band at the festival (of which I saw 5 minutes before going home), and I was surrounded by nothing but 50+ year- olds (boring next band you see). Stood there for a few minutes before I head a sour voice behind me "What, is this the official EMO day or something??" :blink::roftl:

And you're right.. I still haven't landed back down on earth!!

I'll live on this until my next concert.. which is MIKA :biggrin2:

Wow, Lyss, this is such a great, great report! I love every single bit of it...I can imagine how amazing and unforgettable it must have been. I can't wait to see them again. rock.gif

Thanks for everything.:wink2:

I have to admit, I've never bothered much with the members of the band, I never do... I always focus on the music and the bandmembers are just there to play it, but I DID develop a tiny crush on him after that concert :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

Ben is effing hot!drool.gif:naughty:

8717609.jpg

I mean, how could you not like him??

He's cute, smart and he has one of the most amazing voices in the whole world.

I know, I can't believe I haven't noticed him before.. that's what you get for not bothering with pictures of the bands you like :blush-anim-cl:

Glad you liked the report :)

Some screeenshots from the concert (which can be seen in its entirety HERE :mf_lustslow:

(If you see a couple of black and white stripey gloves, they're probably me :naughty: )

Picture36.png

Picture40.png

My favourite quote from the concert; Bill: (About Rufus W.) "Don't boo that dude, he as the ****ing voice of an angel I tell ya!"

• 1 year later...

I almost started a new thread -- until I used the handy search function. :mf_rosetinted: Just wanted to drop in and say that I like their music!

They're good live as well. I didn't go to a concert but saw them at the MMVAs a couple years ago peforming Fallen Leaves.

I was near the front, but you can only see me briefly. And only if you look carefully. :lol3: I have pics somewhere as well.

And here's their rooftop performance, of Rusted From The Rain, from this year's MMVAs. :thumb_yello: