Proud Big Girls/Fat Bottomed Girls

Neiobi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be the only person here who's overweight and fine with it.

I have bad days like everyone else, but come on.

It's just fat, people.

A thread for who is a big girl and doesn't feels bad about it!:punk:

Well, me....

....but of course I would like to be smaller so I'm not really one that dosen't fell bad about it....:blink:

If I was as adorable as you - I would be HAPPY too!!! :huglove:

Hahaha, you sound like my mom.

She tells EVERYONE she finds adorable "If I were as cute as you, I would rule the world!"

I don't feel bad about being overweight, though not particular proud of it. I'm just proud that what others think doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, being overweight I do feel unfit..especially now that i'm getting older.:thumbdown: Hence, I need to lose the weight and get fit and healthy..

I don't feel bad about being overweight, though not particular proud of it. I'm just proud that what others think doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, being overweight I do feel unfit..especially now that i'm getting older.:thumbdown: Hence, I need to lose the weight and get fit and healthy..

Word.

:roftl:

hmm...

last time I got into a thread about this, I almost got voted off the island. :naughty:

Sarie, am I allowed in here?

*shrug* it's not my thread.

Sarie you aren't that fat, are you? Judging from your myspace pics... :wink2:

this whole MFC friends on MySpace thing is messing me up!

I was like "...how have YOU seen my body?!":naughty:

But yes, I'm rather fat. Before my surgery last month I weighed 267. (that's in pounds, if you're in the UK)

I guess that's true.

*sits down*

you wouldn't vote me off this time, would you? *bats eyelashes*

Oh, never.:mf_rosetinted:

this whole MFC friends on MySpace thing is messing me up!

I was like "...how have YOU seen my body?!":naughty:

But yes, I'm rather fat. Before my surgery last month I weighed 267. (that's in pounds, if you're in the UK)

Oh, never.:mf_rosetinted:

that smilie is soooooooo gangsta.

Word.jpg

Yeah, your appearance doesn't defines who you are:wink2:

I completely agree. :thumb_yello:

But to say that being overweight won't affect your health over the long-term is like saying that smoking won't either - they're both long-term risk factors in cardiovascular disease and diabetes.

I've gained a lot of weight over the last year and I don't care what others think of my appearance, but I do care about how healthy I'll be in 10-15 years' time if I don't lose the weight now while I'm still young and fit and able to.

Besides my stints in the hospital (which didn't really have anything to do with my weight...), I'm fairly healthy.

I don't have high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, or any heart problems. Diabetes runs in my family, but I show no signs of it.

Plus, they did so much bloodwork/tests over the past two years... if something was wrong, they'd have found it.

Besides my stints in the hospital (which didn't really have anything to do with my weight...), I'm fairly healthy.

I don't have high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, or any heart problems. Diabetes runs in my family, but I show no signs of it.

Plus, they did so much bloodwork/tests over the past two years... if something was wrong, they'd have found it.

Hence why I said "long-term". It's not until 35-45 that it starts to become a problem. But by then our metabolism will have slowed down and we may not be as fit and may have more responsibilities so losing the weight sooner than later is preferable.

Anyway, I was just trying to make the point that it's a good thing to try to lose weight if it's done for the right reasons i.e. for health, not for conforming to our size-zero culture.

That's me! I am a smaller big girl .I do have a large bone structure and even tho I am about 220lbs I look about 160! I have lots of muscle! but I am vera sexy too!:roftl: :roftl: according to many! ya for us!!!!:wub2: :wub2:

Hence why I said "long-term". It's not until 35-45 that it starts to become a problem. But by then our metabolism will have slowed down and we may not be as fit and may have more responsibilities so losing the weight sooner than later is preferable. But you're still a teenager, there's plenty of time.

Anyway, I was just trying to make the point that it's a good thing to try to lose weight if it's done for the right reasons i.e. for health, not for conforming to our size-zero culture.

Meh, whatever.

I just think it's stupid when people that don't even know someone start telling them they're worried about their health. I'm not worried about your health, because I don't know you. Not only that, but it gets tiring hearing people who don't even know me say I should think about the long-term effects. I don't walk up to people who are bulimic and say "You really shouldn't yutz up your dindin... it's going to rot your throat."

Or even worse, when people think they're giving me a free health education. Or worse yet, when they think they're the first person to notice the fact that I'm overweight.