• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Faulkner worries over "freaky" fans

Saturday, April 12 2008, 16:00 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter

Newton Faulkner has admitted that he is worried by the behaviour of two "freaky" fans who have started to stalk him.

The females have attracted Newton's attention at a number of his gigs and even tried to win his heart with a bizarre gift on one occasion.

"Most of my fans seem really relaxed. But I have two girls - perhaps you could say groupies - who are turning into stalkers," Faulkner told the Daily Star. "They've made up these T-shirts with 'Newton, I want your ginger babies' plastered across.

"I've spotted them a few times now and it's getting unnerving. They turned up to a gig in Holland and waited outside my dressing room for four hours with a Spongebob Squarepants toy for me. It was slightly freaky."

The singer is known for his flame-coloured dreadlocks, but he is considering chopping them in the future.

"I'm sure I'm going to have to cut off the dreads at some point but I'd keep them 'til they were grey dreads if I could," he explained. "What's good about the dreads is that, unlike Amy Winehouse's beehive, they're hard to imitate. It took me 10 years to grow these - it's the hairstyle of no return."

:shocked: He wouldn't like us then. :naughty:

Faulkner worries over "freaky" fans

Saturday, April 12 2008, 16:00 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter

Newton Faulkner has admitted that he is worried by the behaviour of two "freaky" fans who have started to stalk him.

The females have attracted Newton's attention at a number of his gigs and even tried to win his heart with a bizarre gift on one occasion.

"Most of my fans seem really relaxed. But I have two girls - perhaps you could say groupies - who are turning into stalkers," Faulkner told the Daily Star. "They've made up these T-shirts with 'Newton, I want your ginger babies' plastered across.

"I've spotted them a few times now and it's getting unnerving. They turned up to a gig in Holland and waited outside my dressing room for four hours with a Spongebob Squarepants toy for me. It was slightly freaky."

The singer is known for his flame-coloured dreadlocks, but he is considering chopping them in the future.

"I'm sure I'm going to have to cut off the dreads at some point but I'd keep them 'til they were grey dreads if I could," he explained. "What's good about the dreads is that, unlike Amy Winehouse's beehive, they're hard to imitate. It took me 10 years to grow these - it's the hairstyle of no return."

:shocked: He wouldn't like us then. :naughty:

Hahaha I don't think he would :tears:

The first thing I thought was "we've all done the same stuff before, if not worse:mf_rosetinted: "