I wish mine turned out better :crybaby:

*knows that feeling* :crybaby:

I just realised that first picture of Luke looks kinda... erm... gay...

Well, these ARE girls' jeans :naughty:

That's gotta be a good thing for him, right?

Must be fantastic! To be in a popular band & earn a bunch of money without the pa(p)par®azzi-stuff!

He needs to be told to lose the hat then... or someone needs to steal it :fisch:

*volunteers* He has at least two though ... hm, we need more people. I wish he would go back to jeans & tshirt :stretcher:.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I am far too late with that and I know that it's actually the time for the Aussies & the Japanese to review but in the very end I've decided to post this here anyway :smth: (as instructed by Bianca :naughty:). this is just about the two brixton shows. I haven’t written anything about the roundhouse ones or brighton though (no time) and I'm not finished with the second Brixton one, too. :sad:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Basically, the story is the following:

my credit card didn't work on that ticket selling website (which is ****) and then Heather, our receptionist, said that she has been working with Charlie Myatt (the Kooks's agent) for five years and that it would not be a problem to put me & Ana on the guestlist. Anyway - imagine everything works out, you get on the guestlist and end up second row left (Hugh-ish). Heather claimed that we'd get in first but they opened the guest-doors later and so we didn't get frontfront. Oh well.

There were two ****ing annoying German girls (I suppose they are from Hamburg or so) - they totally freak(ed) me out. they are so unbelievably show-offy and their way of speaking german is just totally annoying. and the worst thing is that they talk english in the very same way - they have the most awful accent ever and those things they say are just total crap. it's great to know that they might be seen as respresentatives of the good old german fanfront (ugh). hurray, hurray. i don't know how they do it but they claim that they toured complete germany with the kooks and the complete UK as well. However, they also claim "that the love is gone" and that they are just coming for the support act now (so they start queuing in the middle of the afternoon to be first row centre when the mystery jets are on stage. aha.). they said they had turned up in brighton at 9AM ("because it's brighton! we thought there would already be people queuing!") and that they then didnt stay "for the main act" as they left after the support. ana and i have been queuing in brighton from 4PM on and there were just 8 people in front of us and i swear by my life that THESE two were not there. 100% sure. totally.

however, we met them in the roundhouse three times in a row and they happened to sit right next to us in the cafe of the venue which was EXTREMELY annoying because i got everything they were talking about.

however, they obviously knew someone that worked in brixton academy (some debbie or so) and so they suddenly popped up right behind us as this person put them on the guestlist (why? :blink:). hurray! what could make me happier than these two extremly annoying girls behind us? oh yes - seeing them phone their debbie (did i mention their horrible english?) and being let in through the stage door (not the guestlist door but the proper backstage entrance). fantastic :thumb_yello:!

but we met our lovely security guy joao/john at the guest-entrance. he is absolutely fantastic, really! so nice!!!! :wub2: joao is a security guy we got to know when mika played in Brixton and when me & ana went to see Foals in Brixton, I went down to him after the show to say hi and he recognised me.

anyway, we were let in, made a £5 donation (for some charity thingy - who knows) and got tickets. this gig was promoted by AMG (academy music group); foals were promoted by SJM and there we got wristbands. here we got OLD tickets from 16/3/2004 (!) to prove we were guestlist. :blink:

Edited by Petra
annoying spelling mistake

so we went in and got 2nd row behind some 12year old baby prostitutes. after a while joao turned up in the gap between barricade and stage and waved :bye: and then he came over and asked if someone had given us aftershowpartytickets at the entrance. so i said ":blink:? no." and he told me to wait (:naughty:). he came back after 20minutes and pointed towards the right end of the barricades. I went there and he put a golden wristband around my wrist, telling me that these were VIP bands for the party (:shocked:). He showed me a list of the different wristbands of the venue and the golden ones were for VIPs :smth:. (:shocked:) .he made me promise not to tell anyone and gave me one for ana as well. so i gave him a kiss on his cheek, hugged him :wub2: and went back to ana. fantastic. i'm sorry but i dont have another word for this. its really unbelievable! totally!!! we were the only ones he gave wristbands to! and actually they are (100% sure) not allowed to give out any :blink:. and i feel good because this was nothing my job here gave to me - the guy was simply so nice because he remembered me from the mika gigs ands because i went down to the stage to see him after foals.

:blink: well, ok, i´m aware I would never have gotten them if he hadn’t seen us in front of the guest entrance, so maybe it is more or less work related :sad: - BUT anyway – after all it was just the rain in Barcelona that made mika ill which lead to the cancellation of the December gigs which led to me going to the UK again in February and getting the internship. Thank you, rain :naughty:.

ok, so the gig went on, hugh was like sex on legs on stage (sadly with a hat), luke acquired a new fashionable scarf from a fan, pete was bland as ever and paul was just simply his hotness. :stretcher: i filmed kid harpoon, noticed that i was able to sing along with the lyrics of the mystery jets (:naughty:) and then we were totally squashed. great! :thumb_yello: we ended up behind the probably two tallest guys in the complete venue and we were squashed against them and one of them had already a wet tshirt on and it wasnt nice. I couldnt see a thing (just from time to time hugh's legs and his head/hat). but what i saw were the two german fangirls standing upstairs in the VIP area behind these two little windows, staring down at the stage. i dont think there is any way to enjoy a gig from up there. brixton is filthy and its just not nice. but oh well.

So after the gig we thanked and worshipped joao and went to make our way upstairs to the aftershowparty room. the security guy at the entrance door there was busy with other people and after we had waited for a while, we just waved our arms and went in. i swear he didn't even see us. apart from that, we seemed to be the only ones with a wristband - everyone had these red stickers on them. :blink:

i must say that this bar area was far less ugly then last time (when we were there after foals). there were far less people there and it also seemed that those that were there were much less crazy and druggy and strange than when we went there with foals and f*cked up.

and it seemed that at least 90% of those there were friends and family of the band. so we went to the toilets first and then sat down at one of these bar tables. we didnt really have to wait long and luke and pete turned up. luke was wearing his white pullover with the turtle neck (the one from jay leno last month), a black cardigan and a leather jacket (not the one I had in my signature though). i didnt really look at pete (why should i?) but it seemed he was, again, unluckily trying to convert his italo-spanish-outward appearance to an english-indie-alternative-skinny-jeans-long-hair-style. he failed.

so luke came in and as he seemed quite unoccupied after shaking some peoples hands, i stretched out my arm and tipped his shoulder.

L: *turns around* "Hi! :naughty:"

P: "Hi, sorry Luke - 30 seconds of your life and you could make our day - would you mind signing something for us?"

L: "Yes, sure, of course, no problem!!!"

P: *getting out vinyls and pen*

L: "I see you are prepared!"

P: "of course - you never know :naughty:"

L: "so what;s your name?"

A: "Ana - with one n!"

L: *writes "Ana, love, Luke Pritchard x" (at least I suppose it was his name and an x) on the sway vinyl while chatting on (no idea what he said though - i was occupied with getting my vinyl out of the protective bag (preparation is the key!)*

P: "Mine is Petra."

L : *signs Paul's face with "Petra, lovely to meet you" and something that might be his name + an x* (during that he was standing like 10cm in front of my nose. I was still sitting on my bar chair (so not sittingsitting but sitting on these higher chairs – luke is a little guy :wub2:, really :naughty:. )

P: "You guys are really fantastic" L: "Oh, thank you!" P: "No really - there are reasons why we are doing this 6 times in a row."

L: *looks at me :blink:* "Ah - so you are these two girls that are following us - that have been to all.. a number of our gigs? So that's you!" (my first thought was – “:shocked: holy **** he remembers us from the iTunes gig :shocked:”)

P: ":shocked: NO! (Idiot!) Thats not us - these two are over there somewhere *points to the back of the bar*"

No idea what Luke said then but I think he got that it was a) not us and b) that we didn't really approve of stalky fangirlishness.

Then Ana asked for a picture and handed over her camera to me. Then Luke came to me (constantly saying that this wouldnt be a problem etc.pp. - a lovely guy, really), I put my hand around his waist (did I mention he is really a little guy? :naughty:), he put his hand on my shoulder, I told him to smile and ana took a picture. so we thanked luke (no problem, no worries, i like doing that, thanks to you guys, have a great evening, yadiyadiya), he hugged both of us (the curls are SOOO soft :wub2:) and he went off (ok, he stepped 2m to the side) and shook a few more hands, took pictures and chatted to (with?) people. It was so nice!!!I remember the feel of his wet (from showering) curls on my right cheek :wub2: - luke seems to be such a lovely and open person and he ABSOLUTELY doesn’t mind talking to fans (and he even listens and one is able to PROPERLY talk to him), taking pictures or whatever. :smth:

After a few minutes at the back of the bar he came back and stood next to a little bar table like ours with some friends/family. haha, what i liked was that he did a few of these sofa song moves while talking (lovely :wub2:). then he sat down on the chair behind me at the table. there were 4 people or so and an older woman (could have been his aunt or so) who talked to him. he stayed there for the complete time and talked to that woman and NO ****ING FANGIRL turned up, he wasnt mobbed, he didnt try to pull a blonde bitch or whatever - he sat there and had a nice long conversation with that woman.

however, in the meantime i had had a look at the pictures and i wasn't happy because my pictures had turned out pretty blurry. So i thought that i would totally kick my arse later and that luke was actually right next to me and that he would probably not really mind if one asked nice and friendly *shrugs*. then tony (the manager guy) turned up and said something to luke and luke said he would come in a few minutes. when he got up, i tipped his shoulder again, he turned around and i said

P: "Sorry Luke for harassing you with that - I really don't want to make that a professional photo shooting but .. my picture is blurry :tears:."

L: *obviously didnt get my first part* (:sneaky2:) *looks straight into my eyes (he is LOVELY!)* *graps my shoulder* "What? :blink:?"

P: *realising luke didnt get what she had said* *looks straight back into luke's eyes* "My picture is blurry and it's annoying me *makes gesture that shows she is annoyed* and.. would you mind standing another 5 seconds next to me? Sorry! :blink:"

L: “ :smth: yes of course, no problem!”

While Ana was photographing, I apologised to Luke again in case that would be an annoying activity (constantly being photographed with fans) but he was really really nice & friendly and didnt mind at all. Well, that was it basically. We said good bye to luke, he waved and went off with tony.

We sat there for another 5 or 10 minutes and then went out of the venue as well. On the stairs (backstage :das: ), we met the two annoying germans, carrying big bags, being lead by their Debbie to somewhere in the venue. This Debbie asked them whether they had met luke and they said that he had been nice (that’s all I heard). I have no idea where they were going. I don’t like them. They annoyed me and I wish they were dead. Thank you.

Anyway – that was our first night at Brixton.

Glad you liked them (wait till you see the ones of Luke & Paul) :roftl: Since Bianca went to bed over an hour ago and we have to be up early tomorrow, I had better go to bed too!

Good night lovelies :huglove:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! :bye: :bye: :huglove:!

P1080030.jpg

P1080044.jpg

I just stumbled over these again - awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

Sorry I didn't re-size girls!

Thou shalt be forgiven :das:

We have heaps more great photos but they were all our Hugh shots for Petra!

*wants*

*quickly*

Enjoy Petra :huglove:

:cheerful_h4h: *insert soon-to-come Paul-smiley*

OK, Brixton part 2. We went to the venue at around 5PM and were 7th & 8th in the queue. The people before us were French (ah, nice :cheerful_h4h:) and I heard them telling someone that they had been there since 11 in the morning. I have made the plan to never ever turn up THAT early at a venue. There is simply no use. For the Kaiser Chiefs and the kooks it is by far enough to turn up at 5 to get a first row and at 7 to get a 2nd row. I wouldn’t do it again for mika. Nope. Sorry. Of course there is nothing like first row but after all – I am just not willing to do it again :smth:.

Anyway, we were standing / sitting there, it was cold and whatever. Joao was nowhere to be seen :sad: and as the people queuing for the kooks are not as insane as the mikafans, things were still fine at 6.30 and everyone had space around them and was not pushing in and sardining everyone. And then a group of stupid blondies came and just went into the gap between us and that group behind us. Those behind us made the impression that this was their very first kooks gig ever :naughty: - really lovely! (“Oh, does anyone know who the special guest is? What is the venue like from the inside? Will we be front?” :naughty:) however, these blondies turned up and simply stood in the gap and everybody was, loudly, wondering why the heck they went there. They however, obviously didn’t

mind. They were chatting amongst themselves and told each other that, as there was a gap, they could just queue here. They said they couldn’t understand why people didn’t sardine together (?) and argumented with “we are just filling the gap here”. Abso****inglutely audacious (sp?). however, no one despite me (I guess) got what they were saying and so I made use of my dearest native language to tell these ****ty german idiots (sorry) that there was no use queuing like sardines and that THIS here wasn’t their right place ands that people around (especially behind) them were getting really annoyed. Haha, I like this first reaction people show when they notice that you are getting every word they are saying. It was the same with these two stupid german girls – the first time I asked them something at the second roundhouse date, they were quite shocked that I spoke german (obviously thinking about the **** they had been talking the day before while they were sitting next to our table :naughty::sneaky2: ) . however, these germans behind us didn’t leave (of course – how can *I* make people do what I want??) and finally the group of first-gig-people behind them got up and queued in front of them (and asked me if I belonged to these queue-jumpers :sneaky2: as I had been talking to them, grrr).

Anyway – I must say that this was a brilliant way of queuing. From all the gigs were we had to queue for, this was, by far, the best. I was NOT annoyed by the people (they could have been really annoying and queuing could have been a real pain in the arse) but after all, 5 gigs before that 6th one do the trick. Plus, I KNEW that we would definitely be front row. So we got in, did what the securities told us, showed our bags, didn’t run and thus made our way in to take our front row spots. In the venue, about 5m before the barrier, I met joao :wub2:. Already saw him and his round head when I walked (not ran *pbs*) into the main venue hall and when I made my way down to the front, I grinned at him and shouted “YOU ARE THE MAN!! ABSOLUTELY!!!”. He was, I dare say, pleased to see me (why aren’t there more men like this?) and asked how it had been. So I told him about it happily and said a thousand times thank you and everything. I took the second to ask whether the wristbands were still of any use today (:naughty: ) and he said he would find out. He was however a bit :blink:-y that we both had come through the normal entrance today. I tried to tell him that we had just been on the list yesterday because I couldn´t get tickets with my credit card because I actually prefer paying for my favourite band but I don’t think that he really got what I was saying (as I was slowly moving towards the barrier now because I feared that standing too long net to him would cost me my first row hugh-ish :smth: . I feel a bit bad about this – I want him to know that I was on the guestlist for a reason (not a good reason but a reason) and that it wasn’t just sheer damn luck that put us/me there. I want him to know that I truly, deeply and absolutely know that he wasn’t allowed to give us wristbands and that I am eternally thankful that he did, I want him to know that we are nice fans and that we would never ever do anything bad to anyone (like mobbing or whatever). I just have the feeling that there was a second in which he thought that, as we were obviously not on the list for that second gig, he had done something really wrong with giving us the wristbands :tears: