Chicken?

xBillyBrownx

I did the same regularly with my daughter, and bless, when she was ready she asked my opinion and I was completely involved.

Do you see the irony of my last post :roftl:

indeed! When the child had appeared? :roftl:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same regularly with my daughter, and bless, when she was ready she asked my opinion and I was completely involved.

Do you see the irony of my last post :roftl:

you mean this part? "I was in that boat. Childless by Choice" and now you have a daughter? ;)

I'm 14, i cant even imagine having sex at this age. yes, yes, i am the good child doing what shes told blah blah blah but it's just the idea of kids my age having intercores...it freaks me out.

if you cant read the condom box....then you probably ARE a baby and should therefore not be having sex whatsoever :roftl:

I didn't actually have sex until I was 16, but at least i was ready in case I DID. I think she started thinking about it when I started putting millions of magazine pictures of beautiful boys from rock bands on my walls at 14. Mom was great for that. Very proactive. Me and my mom were always friends too. She's still my best friend, and we talk about everything.

Thinking back, there had been a huge story line in Coronation Street, one of our UK soaps, where a 13 year old became pregnant. It was really well done and the characters involved have only just left the program. Anyway, it gave me lots of opportunities to talk to all mine about their behaviour. I have a line about girls being somebody's daughter, somebody's sister, that I use with the boys. And for a while it was my 'target' for my daughter not to become pregnant at that age.

Now I want to be a grandma before I'm 60! :blink:

what do you mean ? most full grown men still cant read the box ?? :lmfao:

Ok sorry serious .... :blush-anim-cl::roftl::wink2:

:lmfao: CONFUSIOOOOON.

you mean this part? "I was in that boat. Childless by Choice" and now you have a daughter? ;)

I didn't actually have sex until I was 16, but at least i was ready in case I DID. I think she started thinking about it when I started putting millions of magazine pictures of beautiful boys from rock bands on my walls at 14. Mom was great for that. Very proactive. Me and my mom were always friends too. She's still my best friend, and we talk about everything.

yeah , i believe in abstinence and i probably won't do anything drastic until i can be prepared for an accident (baby) to happen . :naughty: My mom knows that I'm inlove with mika, she's seen LiveICM wherehe dances with big girls... i think that she knowooowooows.

Thinking back, there had been a huge story line in Coronation Street, one of our UK soaps, where a 13 year old became pregnant. It was really well done and the characters involved have only just left the program. Anyway, it gave me lots of opportunities to talk to all mine about their behaviour. I have a line about girls being somebody's daughter, somebody's sister, that I use with the boys. And for a while it was my 'target' for my daughter not to become pregnant at that age.

Now I want to be a grandma before I'm 60! :blink:

My mother resigned herself years ago to the fact that the closest she will come to being a grandmother is to my cats :) She laughingly called them my 'daughters' for years :)

:lmfao: CONFUSIOOOOON.

yeah , i believe in abstinence and i probably won't do anything drastic until i can be prepared for an accident (baby) to happen . :naughty: My mom knows that I'm inlove with mika, she's seen LiveICM wherehe dances with big girls... i think that she knowooowooows.

That is a very mature choice and I hope that you don't cave to peer pressure! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

That is a very mature choice and I hope that you don't cave to peer pressure! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Yeahhh BUT (i love but(t)'s) I'm also not in highschool :eek: So i have no idea what my mind will be thinking next year . I hope i keep the same train of thought because i actually have goals , and dreams , and I believe at this age i Know what's best for me . Go to school , be best I can be , don't do drugs , and try to go to University and prepare a good life for myself .

what do you mean ? most full grown men still cant read the box ?? :lmfao:

Ok sorry serious .... :blush-anim-cl::roftl::wink2:

It's the 'men don't need to read the box' problem that blows all hopes for equality out of the window.

I didn't actually have sex until I was 16, but at least i was ready in case I DID. I think she started thinking about it when I started putting millions of magazine pictures of beautiful boys from rock bands on my walls at 14.

It was Illya Kuryakin for me (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) So, who here remembers HIM and THAT???

There's a theory that girls do this 'worship from afar' because sub-consciously, they know they're not ready. So what's the Mika obsession doing in my life at my age!

It's the 'men don't need to read the box' problem that blows all hopes for equality out of the window.

yeah i agree ... :thumb_yello: ...i think teenage boys and MEN should be educated more on the male pill ... that would also solve probs and reduce accidents happening ... its odd that alot of men dont even know the male pill exists , yet when told they dont enquire about it, but are still paranoid about there GF's falling pregnant :thumbdown: Its asif its not there responsibility some times to use birth control also , so i agree with the equality part ruth :thumb_yello:

(that doesnt apply to ALL men btw ... just 99% :naughty::wink2: )

I'm almost 35, no kids, never pregnant, don't want kids. I've played enough chicken in my life that I have had lots of chances, but still, through responsible choices managed to not get pregnant.

Now, there's interesting!

'Playing chicken' is also playing dare/taking risks, but I presume you mean it in the MFC variation of the word? :wink2:

yeah i agree ... :thumb_yello: ...i think teenage boys and MEN should be educated more on the male pill ... that would also solve probs and reduce accidents happening ... its odd that alot of men dont even know the male pill exists , yet when told they dont enquire about it, but are still paranoid about there GF's falling pregnant :thumbdown: Its asif its not there responsibility some times to use birth control also , so i agree with the equality part ruth :thumb_yello:

(that doesnt apply to ALL men btw ... just 99% :naughty::wink2: )

It was when I was on a break from the pill, and husband was 'in charge' of birth control, that I fell off the 'Childless by Choice' perch :roftl: (where I had been very happy for 11 years)

It was when I was on a break from the pill, and husband was 'in charge' of birth control, that I fell off the 'Childless by Choice' perch :roftl: (where I had been very happy for 11 years)

my point is proven , men just are not responsible with birth control :mf_rosetinted::roftl::wink2:

Yeahhh BUT (i love but(t)'s) I'm also not in highschool :eek: So i have no idea what my mind will be thinking next year . I hope i keep the same train of thought because i actually have goals , and dreams , and I believe at this age i Know what's best for me . Go to school , be best I can be , don't do drugs , and try to go to University and prepare a good life for myself .

i hate u for being more mature than i am.. :roftl: i'm 23 :mf_rosetinted:

It was Illya Kuryakin for me (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) So, who here remembers HIM and THAT???

There's a theory that girls do this 'worship from afar' because sub-consciously, they know they're not ready. So what's the Mika obsession doing in my life at my age!

a sudden burst of laughter just damaged my throat :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I had my first child at 23. I was not a teenager, but it wasn't planned and I was not mentally or psychologically ready for being a mom. I was too self centered and I didn't even know what I wanted with my life. I was in my last year of university and I was a very ambitious young woman who had big plans. Realistically, I knew having this child would significantly change the goals I wanted to achieve.

But I decided at the time that this was something that I could do because I had so much support from my family, my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) and his family too. No regrets of course. But it was the most difficult, life changing event in those first few years of my son's life.

I remember the stares I got in public, because although I was in my early twenties, I looked 16. I felt stigmatized and as much as I tried to ignore it - it felt awful. If it wasn't degrading stares, it was pity.

I thought I knew everything about life at 23. Was I ever wrong. Although I had a lot of support, you realize that being "the mom" meant you were ultimately and primarily this child's caregiver, and this thought was overwhelming when you are not prepared, regardless of how old you are.

Excellent idea :) that's what I thought too, and here I am, no kids, 34 and going to college :) I still don't plan on children, and am enjoying my freedom from the constraint.

No, I was REALLY not either.

:roftl:

see what happens when you let men be in charge of consequences on your body? LOL I'm sorry, but I'm sure you're happy now?

OMG Illya...he was handsome :)

Now, there's interesting!

'Playing chicken' is also playing dare/taking risks, but I presume you mean it in the MFC variation of the word? :wink2:

I do indeed :) I'm not very at dares or risks.

Maybe I'm oldfashioned or somethig like that,but I think 14-15 is too early for sex,and not to mention child! At the teen age you're still more a kid than an adult. But in case of "accident" I think best solution are those institutions (don't know their name in english) where mothers can leave their child and visiting them,and then when they finish school/get job they can take their child back.

I had my first child at 23. I was not a teenager, but it wasn't planned and I was not mentally or psychologically ready for being a mom. I was too self centered and I didn't even know what I wanted with my life. I was in my last year of university and I was a very ambitious young woman who had big plans. Realistically, I knew having this child would significantly change the goals I wanted to achieve.

But I decided at the time that this was something that I could do because I had so much support from my family, my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) and his family too. No regrets of course. But it was the most difficult, life changing event in those first few years of my son's life.

I remember the stares I got in public, because although I was in my early twenties, I looked 16. I felt stigmatized and as much as I tried to ignore it - it felt awful. If it wasn't degrading stares, it was pity.

I thought I knew everything about life at 23. Was I ever wrong. Although I had a lot of support, you realize that being "the mom" meant you were ultimately and primarily this child's caregiver, and this thought was overwhelming when you are not prepared, regardless of how old you are.

Hey Suzy, thanks for sharing your story. How did you find that having a child affected your goals? You said you were going to University at the time, have you still been able to utilize your education to achieve your long term goals? Or did you find that your life took a sharp turn in a different direction?

Maybe I'm oldfashioned or somethig like that,but I think 14-15 is too early for sex,and not to mention child! At the teen age you're still more a kid than an adult. But in case of "accident" I think best solution are those institutions (don't know their name in english) where mothers can leave their child and visiting them,and then when they finish school/get job they can take their child back.

Wow I've never heard of a place like that, unless you mean daycare, where you drop your child off in the morning and go to work or school then pick them up in the afternoons.

this institution you speak of, you leave them there for a long period of time?

You see, Suzy, you are cursed with the looking young gene. You'll just have to learn to live with it!