party ideas??

ok i am having a sweet 16 in june and im having some problems

see as i have no idea what to do, and if i dont find out soon i fear it might just be cancled.....

so i must do, like my mom says and "get on the ball"

with the help of everyone hopefuly

thanks m, for your idea!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay!

you're turning 16!

well, my sixteenth wasn't too long ago.

you HAVE to do something special.

i suggest that you invite a few of your close friends for a nice dinner out, and you can all dress up nicely to go to a fancy restaurant. :thumb_yello:

or you could have a big 16th party?

yay!

you're turning 16!

well, my sixteenth wasn't too long ago.

you HAVE to do something special.

i suggest that you invite a few of your close friends for a nice dinner out, and you can all dress up nicely to go to a fancy restaurant. :thumb_yello:

or you could have a big 16th party?

well we are planing to have a party

with 16 of my frirends (8 girls 8 boys)

but i just dont know what to do,,,,, i would do the hole fancy restaurant, but most of my fam is going to be there so...

im in need of some serouse help!!

ok i am having a sweet 16 in june and im having some problems

see as i have no idea what to do, and if i dont find out soon i fear it might just be cancled.....

so i must do, like my mom says and "get on the ball"

with the help of everyone hopefuly

thanks m, for your idea!!

I have the same problem:) But I'll be 18 years..

I have the same problem:) But I'll be 18 years..

yeah but 18 is wayyyyy bigger than 16 so i bet its wayyy harder

to deside, i have never got to do a big party like this and to be truthful, im shakeing in my converses, im so scared something is going to go horribly wrong

but im sure you will figure out what you want to do, and hopefully so will i

lol last year i went camping for my sweet 16. yea that didn't go to well because a few of my friends had never gone camping before and they hated it....so i suggest not doing that:naughty: maybe a swimming party, or i really don't know, just don't get stressed, it's okay. they're your friends they're not goin to stop being your friends cuz ur party didn't go as planned. but i'm sure it will be fine:thumb_yello:

well idk seeing as everybody hates somebody else and thats another problem

and im all crazy as to whos coming and stuff. you know they should make a book on this, if they havent already lol (sweet sixteen for dummbies) did i spell that right???

First, and most important, don't stress! Things will probably go wrong. Things almost always go wrong. It's no big deal. The things that go wrong tend to make the most interesting stories. So, when something goes wrong, think of it as a chance to improvise instead of a tragedy. It really will be ok.

Remember, it's YOUR party. It's a chance to do whatever you want within the limits of your resources. Have fun with it. Think about what you like to do and then do it times ten. If you are having fun, it will be contagious. Even if it isn't, then you still had a good time. That's what birthdays are for.

So, once you know what you want to do, make that the theme. Then, you can figure out what kinds of decorations, foods, activities go along with that theme. A theme doesn't have to mean matching plates and outfits. It's just an easy way to come up with ideas.

When I was in University, my best friend mentored me in my poetry studies because she had studied poetry when she was in Uni. So, for her birthday one year, I enlisted the help of a musician friend to give her a poetry party. She had taught me to use images that related to my five senses in order to convey abstract ideas, so I gave her something that felt amazing, something that smelled amazing, drew some pictures for her, asked our friend to play a song for her, and baked a cheesecake for her (because it was her favorite dessert.) I also memorized a poem for her and recited it while she ate her cheesecake.

Instead of just singing a song, our friend actually wrote a song for her and asked her to name it. Some years later, he played that song at her wedding.

A theme doesn't have to turn into a cheesy party, unless you like cheese. It's just a way to make planning easy. Somewhere around here, there's a thread with all kinds of ideas for a Mika themed party. Many of those ideas can be modified to fit other kinds of themes.

One thing to help you plan: figure out how much time you have for your party. Is it an all day party, a couple of hours in the afternoon/evening, a sleep over? I once went to a party that was a morning brunch. If you can't come up with a theme, then knowing how much time you have can help you figure out what you want to do with that time.

Best of luck planning your party! Happy upcoming birthday! :punk:

First, and most important, don't stress! Things will probably go wrong. Things almost always go wrong. It's no big deal. The things that go wrong tend to make the most interesting stories. So, when something goes wrong, think of it as a chance to improvise instead of a tragedy. It really will be ok.

Remember, it's YOUR party. It's a chance to do whatever you want within the limits of your resources. Have fun with it. Think about what you like to do and then do it times ten. If you are having fun, it will be contagious. Even if it isn't, then you still had a good time. That's what birthdays are for.

So, once you know what you want to do, make that the theme. Then, you can figure out what kinds of decorations, foods, activities go along with that theme. A theme doesn't have to mean matching plates and outfits. It's just an easy way to come up with ideas.

When I was in University, my best friend mentored me in my poetry studies because she had studied poetry when she was in Uni. So, for her birthday one year, I enlisted the help of a musician friend to give her a poetry party. She had taught me to use images that related to my five senses in order to convey abstract ideas, so I gave her something that felt amazing, something that smelled amazing, drew some pictures for her, asked our friend to play a song for her, and baked a cheesecake for her (because it was her favorite dessert.) I also memorized a poem for her and recited it while she ate her cheesecake.

Instead of just singing a song, our friend actually wrote a song for her and asked her to name it. Some years later, he played that song at her wedding.

A theme doesn't have to turn into a cheesy party, unless you like cheese. It's just a way to make planning easy. Somewhere around here, there's a thread with all kinds of ideas for a Mika themed party. Many of those ideas can be modified to fit other kinds of themes.

One thing to help you plan: figure out how much time you have for your party. Is it an all day party, a couple of hours in the afternoon/evening, a sleep over? I once went to a party that was a morning brunch. If you can't come up with a theme, then knowing how much time you have can help you figure out what you want to do with that time.

Best of luck planning your party! Happy upcoming birthday! :punk:

you know, you have been the most help to me, really. i love that everyone else helped me out, but you made me think, which is something that i havent been able to do since the thought of the party came up. we kinda dont have that long to plan seeing as its next month, so thanks to you, i think i know what im going to do! :thumb_yello: