The lost fingers

casso_77

Hi!

There's a new group that's making its first album in Quebec.... it's so good, that they sold out every CDs they made in a week or so!!

In this album, they have taken a couple of 80's song and "jazzed" it up... Here is the english resume on their myspace (it will be easier for me ! ;) )

This acoustic trio based in Quebec city plays standards of the gipsy jazz repertoire (à la Django Reinhardt) as well as their arrangements of hits of the 80'. Their young history as a band has already seen them opening for the french guitarist Patrick Saussois and playing in two international music festivals, as well as playing live on several radio stations. They will performe at Montreal Jazz Festival this summer.

http://www.myspace.com/thelostfingers

Go and listen to them! :) I hope you will like it! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to make a thread about them... good thing I used the "search" first !

They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wicked AWESOOOOOOOOOOME !!!!

I bought their album yesterday night and I think I already listened to it like 7 times so far !!! It's really addictive !!!

You guys HAVE to check them out !!!! And buy their album, it's TOTALLY worth it !!!!!!

:punk:

Thanks for this. They're great!

I love the spin they put on those old songs, and I like his voice. They're cover of Pump Up The Jam is hilarious. Really great... I like them a lot!

Now all we have to do is set up a gig where these guys are opening for Creature...

I love the spin they put on those old songs, and I like his voice. They're cover of Pump Up The Jam is hilarious. Really great... I like them a lot!

Now all we have to do is set up a gig where these guys are opening for Creature...

OMG how insanely awesome that would be !!!!!!!

SUCH a great idea !!!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE]

:naughty: yeah it's one of my favorites too! :) The only one I care less about is the Celine Dion's one... but I end up singing it anyway *lol*

They sold about 38,000 albums since it's out... it's SO good for a new band, not known a couple months ago! :cool:

It would be so great if they could make it in the rest of Canada and in the US! :punk:

I saw them supporting Pascale Picard and the were awesome :punk: It was in april so I haven't heard of them before and they began the show with Pump up the Jam! We were like :shocked: That's so good!!! We wanted to buy the album right away but it wasn't out yet. We had to wait 'til May but since, I listen to it a lot! They'll be at the 5 à 7 du Festival de Jazz! I'll be there at least one day for sure!

• 2 weeks later...