Huhhh? Love Always Remains is on youtube!!!

have you checked out Indie Rokkers, Destrokk & Boogie Down? love love the EP!! :wub2:

At last I uploaded the EP and I am like..... :shocked::swoon:

I love all of them....

But atm I think my faves are Boogie Down and Indie Rokkers....I can't stop listening!

And now I know where all those "strange" quotes on the forums come from...like "line between belly and tights" and "touching my hand" :teehee:

They are really amazing. I hope they just go on and on writing and recording....

And I am going to a gig in December! :boing: Can't wait.

Found this one and more on Flickr (

)

4884596633_5dded47eb5_z.jpg

Edited by southeast

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt verification

This is why I love these guys! Their sense of humour is spot-on, or at least, it matches my own :naughty:.

i literally think you cannot explain to people how interesting & humorous MGMT are unless they really watch the interviews themselves :wub2:

At last I uploaded the EP and I am like..... :shocked:

I love all of them....

But atm I think my faves are Boogie Down and Indie Rokkers....I can't stop listening!

And now I know where all those "strange" quotes on the forums come from...like "line between belly and tights" and "touching my hand" :teehee:

They are really amazing. I hope they just go on and on writing and recording....

And I am going to a gig in December! :boing: Can't wait.

WE LOVE YOU IN GLACIAL WAYSSSS!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

which is so true for me. i'm so far away from them :huh:

which gig are you going to?? have fun!!! :biggrin2:

http://www3.timeoutny.com/newyork/thevolume/2010/08/mgmt-dishes-on-the-making-of-congratulations/

new interview on their musical influences!

"You know when we know we have a song that we like is when we’re on the floor laughing about a part of it. Like, the flute solo or something like that in that song, we like being ridiculous, and I think that’s lost on a lot of people, or they think we’re coming from this super-serious angle, and that’s too bad, really. But I think a lot of people do get it and get that side of it, and I think that’s really important."

awwwww.. and i'm addicted to re-watching this old old vid :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soiGjBgjQQQ&playnext=1&videos=Ei0pLrlmJyU

seriously, who can resist THAT?? :swoon:

i literally think you cannot explain to people how interesting & humorous MGMT are unless they really watch the interviews themselves :wub2:

Yes, because you can't explain those funny moments that happen in interviews...

WE LOVE YOU IN GLACIAL WAYSSSS!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

which is so true for me. i'm so far away from them :huh:

which gig are you going to?? have fun!!! :biggrin2:

Ohhh, I am sorry about that! They sure will come to Hong Kong too soon. I know how it feels, because I come from Bulgaria and noone ever goes for gigs there. Now I live in Munich and am really happy that so many musicians I like come here.

I am going on the 7th of December here in Munich. They have some more gigs in Vienna and Berlin as well, but I am going only to this one. I sure will have fun! Wonder how the crowd will be, sure not the same as at Mika gigs... Perhaps younger, harder, higher :teehee:....

I couldn't have stopped laughing listening to this :lmfao:

Hahaha, I know. I heard this once and could not stop laughing. It only makes me want to hang out with them even more!:aah:

AND. They're coming back to California! :boing: It's in October and I'm buying my ticket tomorrow.

Hahaha, I know. I heard this once and could not stop laughing. It only makes me want to hang out with them even more!:aah:

AND. They're coming back to California! :boing: It's in October and I'm buying my ticket tomorrow.

Now I know what to use when I'm angry or upset :naughty:The video will cheer me up in a minute :roftl:

I couldn't have stopped laughing listening to this :lmfao:

hahaha, oh that's hilarious, but in a way really nice! I think they are really big friends, I like that. Even if sometimes when I watch interviews and Andrew is saying some of his weird things I wonder if Ben wouldn't like to run away or put his fingers in his ears. He looks like he's thinking: "WTF? I can't belive he said this right now..." :roftl:

I had a dream last night that I was a dancer on stage for MGMT and was hanging out with Andrew after the gig.

:wub2:

:fangurl:

I'm so excited about the gig I'm going to next month now. I wasn't going to, but I think I may now have to wait around afterwards and try to meet them.

hahaha, oh that's hilarious, but in a way really nice! I think they are really big friends, I like that. Even if sometimes when I watch interviews and Andrew is saying some of his weird things I wonder if Ben wouldn't like to run away or put his fingers in his ears. He looks like he's thinking: "WTF? I can't belive he said this right now..." :roftl:

Ben always seems the serious guy in the band and Andrew the naughtiest one .I would have liked to have a brother like him though :naughty:

Andrew can I borrow your t-shirt ?:teehee:

http://www.musiqueplus.com/objectif-coulisses/videos/mgmt-en-entrevue

And 20 minutes of sweetness

http://www.memberslounge.com.au/#/surprisegig/mgmtlive/

And I love your siggie did you write it ?:teehee:

Edited by vanessa

I love all of them....

I love that EP too. It has such a different style to both OS and Congratulations, but it's so good.

And have you heard the live version of Destrokk??? It's great, much rockier (in case you haven't..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Iufo_djyM).)

Ben always seems the serious guy in the band and Andrew the naughtiest one .I would have liked to have a brother like him though :naughty:

I just find Andrew hilarious (and sexy :naughty:), the interaction between the two of them very endearing, and Ben, well I just always want to hug him, he's so sweet :blush-anim-cl:

And both of them are so obviously very intelligent people, even if they clown around a lot and act all self-deprecating.

Andrew can I borrow your t-shirt ?:teehee:

And I love your siggie did you write it ?:teehee:

Thank you!!!!!! I'll watch those a few times I think... :wub2::teehee:

And no, I am afraid I stole the siggie: :teehee:http://****yeahmgmt.tumblr.com/page/2 (You should type the f*** word where those **** are :teehee:)

Edited by southeast

I love that EP too. It has such a different style to both OS and Congratulations, but it's so good.

And have you heard the live version of Destrokk??? It's great, much rockier (in case you haven't..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Iufo_djyM).)

Yes, they can write so different kinds of music. And it's all sooo good.

They really can write those "hit"-style kind of songs like Kids and Electric Feel, Love always remains is like that too, if they want to. But they don't want to write songs like that at the moment. That's what I find so cool about them, they just do what they want and don't think: "Oh, we have to write another OS album to get better sales."

I just find Andrew hilarious (and sexy :naughty:), the interaction between the two of them very endearing, and Ben, well I just always want to hug him, he's so sweet :blush-anim-cl:

And both of them are so obviously very intelligent people, even if they clown around a lot and act all self-deprecating.

Yeah, I read somewhere that the "record pple" (as Andrew calls them :teehee:) said about OS: "Those guys don't really need a producer for the album, they already know everything about it." I really think they are going to be around for a while, because they are so talented and serious about their music. But at the same time they can laugh over themselves. That's the best thing about them. I don't like those intellectual type of bands that are always so deadly serious about what they are doing. So boring!

They really can write those "hit"-style kind of songs like Kids and Electric Feel, Love always remains is like that too, if they want to. But they don't want to write songs like that at the moment. That's what I find so cool about them, they just do what they want and don't think: "Oh, we have to write another OS album to get better sales."

Yeah, I read somewhere that the "record pple" (as Andrew calls them :teehee:) said about OS: "Those guys don't really need a producer for the album, they already know everything about it." I really think they are going to be around for a while, because they are so talented and serious about their music. But at the same time they can laugh over themselves. That's the best thing about them. I don't like those intellectual type of bands that are always so deadly serious about what they are doing. So boring!

I also believe they'll be around for a long time, with a dedicated fanbase. It may have been a risk releasing a less commercial second album, in one sense, but I think it has been exactly the right thing to do in the long term. They are much more suited (personality-wise) to a cult-status rather than a rockstar status, don't you think? When Andrew sings I hope I die before I get sold, you actually believe him. Well I do! And that's one more reason I LOVE this band :wub2:.

I never ever want them to sell out. I'd rather they split up :blink:. but hopefully that won't happen at least not for a while :biggrin2:.

I also believe they'll be around for a long time, with a dedicated fanbase. It may have been a risk releasing a less commercial second album, in one sense, but I think it has been exactly the right thing to do in the long term. They are much more suited (personality-wise) to a cult-status rather than a rockstar status, don't you think? When Andrew sings I hope I die before I get sold, you actually believe him. Well I do! And that's one more reason I LOVE this band :wub2:.

I never ever want them to sell out. I'd rather they split up :blink:. but hopefully that won't happen at least not for a while :biggrin2:.

Yes, I get exactly what you mean! I still am not quite sure how crazy they really are. I mean, they have done drugs and all this rockstar stuff but I somehow have the feeling they are much more than that. In the last interviews they seem to be over that and much more serious. So I really think you're right, they don't want to shock pple or use some cheap effects. They make their kind of music, they try out things and different lifestyles :teehee:, they evolve in the direction they want to and just don't care what pple/critics say or expect. And if they do go on like that, they will be a cult band soon. I am so exited about their 3rd album! :boing: I know its way too early about it, but still...

I don't think they'll sell out. I just hope the two of them don't start quarreling at some point... :blink:

When Andrew sings I hope I die before I get sold, you actually believe him. Well I do! And that's one more reason I LOVE this band :wub2:.

I completely know what you mean. When they performed this live and it got to that part of the song, I watched him sing that and not once did I doubt him. I think that line was the most passionately delivered line of the night.

I completely know what you mean. When they performed this live and it got to that part of the song, I watched him sing that and not once did I doubt him. I think that line was the most passionately delivered line of the night.

If they play SB when I go to see them next month...I think I might actually cry at that part :blink:

:naughty:

I'm too much in love with this band at the moment :teehee:

jesus now i go to mfc ONLY to visit this thread!! and i'm so glad that you guys are here... coz at the moment MGMT are on my mind almost every single minute i've got to loose my fangirlish mind a bit here :wub2:

and just you know, i never talk in that official forum :aah:

Ohhh, I am sorry about that! They sure will come to Hong Kong too soon. I know how it feels, because I come from Bulgaria and noone ever goes for gigs there. Now I live in Munich and am really happy that so many musicians I like come here.

I am going on the 7th of December here in Munich. They have some more gigs in Vienna and Berlin as well, but I am going only to this one. I sure will have fun! Wonder how the crowd will be, sure not the same as at Mika gigs... Perhaps younger, harder, higher ....

NO, i'm pretty sure they will never come! perhaps the only place in Asia that they'd visit is Japan... most people around me hasn't heard of them...

wow have fun!! & try to meet them before/after the show!!!! yeah, mika isn't psychedelich, is he? :naughty:

I had a dream last night that I was a dancer on stage for MGMT and was hanging out with Andrew after the gig.

I'm so excited about the gig I'm going to next month now. I wasn't going to, but I think I may now have to wait around afterwards and try to meet them.

you should go!!!!! and maybe you can go earlier too if you wanna meet them!

awwwww i dream of them A LOT these days, which makes me pretty crazy. the other night i dreamt that i touched Andrew's hair and we were holding hands :swoon: then Will found us out and i was embarrassed! so i told him, "oh Will, your beard looks great today!" :roftl:

and the night before there was some sort of massacre in Bendrew's school. they were hiding from the murderer and it's coz of this they started to write songs:teehee: weird dream.

Ben always seems the serious guy in the band and Andrew the naughtiest one .I would have liked to have a brother like him though

Andrew can I borrow your t-shirt ?

And I love your siggie did you write it ?

thanks for the links!!! gonna check them out later!!!

i do think they have grown up... not cranky college kids anymore (while still being cranky in their own way) i always enjoy seeing them mock at their own songs like "most nights i find myself thinking, 'why did i write that stupid song abt an electric eel and sing falsetto over it?'"

but to be frank, i ain't good at distinguishing between mainstream and less-commercial music. i mean, i always can't understand why people do not like mika or Congratulations! to me they are just good musics! i just can't get that :boxed:

I also believe they'll be around for a long time, with a dedicated fanbase. It may have been a risk releasing a less commercial second album, in one sense, but I think it has been exactly the right thing to do in the long term. They are much more suited (personality-wise) to a cult-status rather than a rockstar status, don't you think? When Andrew sings I hope I die before I get sold, you actually believe him. Well I do! And that's one more reason I LOVE this band

I never ever want them to sell out. I'd rather they split up . but hopefully that won't happen at least not for a while .

split up is more like the case actually. the other day i saw people saying things like "i hope MGMT will never split up" when i was completely in love with them. then i just found my heart arch a little bit.... had never thought abt this but in fact there's always a quite high possibility for people who have strong personalities. :huh:

well, i think i overreact. they are good brothers and everytime i see that kind of brotherhood exemplified in interviews or pics, i know why sometimes a band possess some magical pull that individual musician cannot get access to :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, I get exactly what you mean! I still am not quite sure how crazy they really are. I mean, they have done drugs and all this rockstar stuff but I somehow have the feeling they are much more than that. In the last interviews they seem to be over that and much more serious. So I really think you're right, they don't want to shock pple or use some cheap effects. They make their kind of music, they try out things and different lifestyles , they evolve in the direction they want to and just don't care what pple/critics say or expect. And if they do go on like that, they will be a cult band soon. I am so exited about their 3rd album! :boing: I know its way too early about it, but still...

I don't think they'll sell out. I just hope the two of them don't start quarreling at some point...

well you remind me that i didn't like them at first 'cause they seemed to be druggies all the time esp around 2007 and i'm not into this :roftl:

If they play SB when I go to see them next month...I think I might actually cry at that part

I'm too much in love with this band at the moment

i know what you mean :wub2:

and i think i will just get my eyes teary if they start playing Metanoia in front of me! awwwww

and i think i will just get my eyes teary if they start playing Metanoia in front of me! awwwww

Yes, I'll cry at that one as well!! :teehee:

I saw some video on Youtube of a recent gig in California where they played both Metanoia AND Siberian Breaks..well that should have bored the pants off all the part-time fans who only know 'Kids' :roftl: But for me, and you and others here I suspect, that would be beyond awesome!

I love your dreams :teehee:.

I just wanted to say: I love your new siggie! That was the other picture I was thinking about using as a siggie! :teehee:

PS. You can't love this band too much :teehee:

I just wanted to say: I love your new siggie! That was the other picture I was thinking about using as a siggie! :teehee:

PS. You can't love this band too much :teehee:

Thanks, I have it as my Twitter background, I love that pic. It makes me think of the whole 'surfing in the Arctic Circle' thing (yeah, ok Andrew, if you say so!! :roftl:).

Yes, it's impossible to love them too much. My favourite band of all time is Radiohead but MGMT are running them a very very close second at the moment.:blink:

Thanks, I have it as my Twitter background, I love that pic. It makes me think of the whole 'surfing in the Arctic Circle' thing (yeah, ok Andrew, if you say so!! :roftl:).

Yes, it's impossible to love them too much. My favourite band of all time is Radiohead but MGMT are running them a very very close second at the moment.:blink:

I like the pic cause it's so surreal...

You sure have listened to the Q interview - the part where Andrew says they did a gig with Radiohead and talked a lot with Tom Yorke (not sure if written right :teehee:)about fame and stuff and after that there was some sort of M&G and Tom Yorke felt so uncomfortable about being asked for autographs & Andrew said he hopes they stay like Tom, cause otherwise it would be not so good. I imagine you would have died at this M&G - both your fav. bands standing there together, that would be too much... :swoon:

jesus now i go to mfc ONLY to visit this thread!! and i'm so glad that you guys are here... coz at the moment MGMT are on my mind almost every single minute i've got to loose my fangirlish mind a bit here :wub2:

and just you know, i never talk in that official forum :aah:

Hehe, me too, almost. I too am glad to find some fans of MGMT here! You guys know so many things about them I don't... You can loose your mind here as much as you want...I can understand that :wub2:.

And yes, I am registered on the official MGMT forum, but it's so messy and chaotic there and those colours (black, blue, orange) just kind of kill my eyes...:boxed: I stopped going there after a while...

wow have fun!! & try to meet them before/after the show!!!! yeah, mika isn't psychedelich, is he? :naughty:

Thanks, I'll try! I kinda waited for Mika for over 1 hour after his gig, so I am a hard girl. But after that M&G I caught a cold and was ill for over two weeks, it was sooo cold.... But for MGMT I'll wait the whole night...

No, Mika is quite different... Bit psychodelic in his colours on stage perhaps? :teehee:

"Bendrew" is funny....

i do think they have grown up... not cranky college kids anymore (while still being cranky in their own way) i always enjoy seeing them mock at their own songs like "most nights i find myself thinking, 'why did i write that stupid song abt an electric eel and sing falsetto over it?'"

but to be frank, i ain't good at distinguishing between mainstream and less-commercial music. i mean, i always can't understand why people do not like mika or Congratulations! to me they are just good musics! i just can't get that :boxed:

I too don't want to distinguish. If I like music I like it, no matter what kind of music it is. No labels, right? :teehee:

I must confess that since I have heard MGMT for the first time I have stopped listening to other music, Mika included. Haven't listened to him for about 2 months now. :shocked:

Edited by southeast

Yes, I'll cry at that one as well!! :teehee:

I saw some video on Youtube of a recent gig in California where they played both Metanoia AND Siberian Breaks..well that should have bored the pants off all the part-time fans who only know 'Kids' :roftl: But for me, and you and others here I suspect, that would be beyond awesome!

I love your dreams :teehee:.

Wow! :mf_lustslow: I hope they will play Boogie down as well in December.

In fact, they should play ALL of their songs at "my" gig.

I expect nothing less. :mf_rosetinted:

I like the pic cause it's so surreal...

You sure have listened to the Q interview - the part where Andrew says they did a gig with Radiohead and talked a lot with Tom Yorke (not sure if written right :teehee:)about fame and stuff and after that there was some sort of M&G and Tom Yorke felt so uncomfortable about being asked for autographs & Andrew said he hopes they stay like Tom, cause otherwise it would be not so good. I imagine you would have died at this M&G - both your fav. bands standing there together, that would be too much... :swoon:

Well...guess what. I was at that concert!! It was in Manchester 2 years ago. But at the time I was only a little tiny bit into MGMT, and unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to them. My husband and I went to get a burger instead :blink: I would have liked to have stayed and watched, but....

I did hear their set from the burger van and remember Electric Feel and Of Moons Birds and Monsters most of all.

In retrospect, I am so annoyed with myself for not paying more attention. :sneaky2:

And I didn't stay around for any M&G. It was a huge gig (40,000 people, a stadium) so the M&G must have been for VIPs only I think.

If they play SB when I go to see them next month...I think I might actually cry at that part :blink:

:naughty:

I'm too much in love with this band at the moment :teehee:

It's beautiful. I was looking back and forth between the gray night sky on the beach and them performing. Words cannot really describe it.

But they've played it at pretty much every gig, so I'm sure you'll get to hear it.:thumb_yello:

I must confess that since I have heard MGMT for the first time I have stopped listening to other music, Mika included. Haven't listened to him for about 2 months now. :shocked:

I haven't listened to Mika in forever too. I listen to MGMT and other music very similar to it. I'm really into the psychedelic stuff right now.

I can't wait to hear everybody's experiences for the upcoming shows. We've got our own mini forum right here.:biggrin2: