• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did u attend Hove Fest innit?

http://www.vg.no/rampelys/festivalsommeren/artikkel.php?artid=500872

Fancy translate a bit?

1214314529201_792.jpg

De to unge herrene fra Connecticut utgjør ett av Hovefestivalens mest hypede band. Rolling Stone satt MGMT opp som ett av ti band å se opp for i 2008, og debutalbumet Oracular Spectacular, produsert av Flaming Lips-produsent Dave Fridmann, har fått massiv oppmerksomhet for sitt spesielle lydbilde.

Men det er ikke bare lydbildet som er spesielt med MGMT. Guttene forteller VG Nett at de har ganske spesielle ønsker på raideren.

Frarøvet dyre-kontakt

- Vi har valper på raideren vår. Vi får det aldri, men nå har vi fått beskjed om at Hove har fikset en hund til oss, sier Goldwasser til VG Nett.

- Vi håper det er en hund som er glad i å bli klappet og som elsker oppmerksomhet, føler VanWyngarden opp.

- Hvorfor i all verden vil dere ha en hund her?

- Vi er frarøvet kontakt med dyr når vi er på turné, og det er tungt. Begge har hunder hjemme, og da blir det litt som om å ta med en liten del av hjemme med oss, forklarer Goldwasser.

Sjekk MGMT på MySpace!

- Hva slags hund håper dere at det er?

- Hvis vi får en rottweiler, så må vi jo ta den med på scenen - det er en skikkelig rock n' roll-hund. Det hadde også vært kult med en St. Bernards-hund som har whisky i den tønna rundt halsen, sier VanWyngarden.

Norsk kobling

Selv om MGMT aldri har vært i Norge tidligere, har Andrew VanWyngarden en kobling til landet gjennom sitt sideprosjekt BlikFang, som han har startet sammen med Kevin Barnes i Of Montreal. Men tross det norske navnet, vet han forsvinnende lite om landet i nord.

- Kevin har snakket veldig lite om Norge, men jeg har skjønt litt om landet deres gjennom tekstene hans. Kona hans er jo norsk, så det er jo naturlig at han inkorporerer litt norsk i tekstene sine, forklarer han.

Drikkekultur

MGMT spilte i Helsingfors mandag og skal videre til Sverige og Danmark de neste dagene.

Finnene satt imidlertid et varig inntrykk på de to amerikanerne, som innrømmer at de er passe fyllesyke når de møter VG Nett.

- De finske menneskene er harde på alkoholen! Men kvelden endte med at jeg drakk han ene under bordet. Han endte opp med å ligge å kaste opp, ler VanWyngarden.

sure! but i'll translate it tomorrow, it's too late now :naughty:

Yaaay a MGMT thread! I like their music. I started listening to it when I saw they were coming to Werchter and now I really like it! I'm looking forward to see them live at Werchter! whooo! :punk:

Sometimes when I'm random listening to my MP3player I have to check if I'm listening to MGMT or Scissor Sisters, because their sound is a bit the same. Although MGMT is more psychedelic!

i saw the video for "time to pretend" a couple weeks ago, and i was like "wtf?", but i loved it. i swear i've heard that song somewhere, i find that it was in the movie "21", but that couldn't be where i heard it. my brother never even saw the movie, and he thought it sounded familiar.

but yeah, love them, i love "kids".

I saw MGMT last night, supporting Radiohead in Manchester.

I quite liked the sound of them before, and they were good last night. I missed some of their short set as I was fetching a burger and some beer :naughty:(priorities, priorities) but what I heard was good. I like the song called Electric Feel (have I got that right?).

I like the song called Electric Feel (have I got that right?).

Yes, That's right. It's a great song. I also recommend Weekend War and Kids (beside the well-known Time to Pretend)..:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

Today I bought MGMT's CD titled Oracular Spectacular. And yes, this CD is pretty spectacular. I'm a bit hooked alread:biggrin2:

If you get a chance (if you haven't already) check it out, it's good.

And you know that part in the CD case thing where bands/artists etc say thanks to all the people that helped them or whatever. In theirs they thanks a whole group of people. A couple of the names that they gave their thanks to and that stood out to me where Cindy Crawford and Micky Mouse.

I love 'em! They're amazing. I want their album super bad...

Go for it! I walked into HMV and got Oracular Spectacular for only 10 bucks. Pretty cheap for good music, in my opinion.

I was debating between Beirut and MGMT but decided on MGMT because their CD was $10 and the Beirut CD cost $20. Next time, next time I should get that Beirut CD:naughty:

Go for it! I walked into HMV and got Oracular Spectacular for only 10 bucks. Pretty cheap for good music, in my opinion.

I was debating between Beirut and MGMT but decided on MGMT because their CD was $10 and the Beirut CD cost $20. Next time, next time I should get that Beirut CD:naughty:

Beirut was 20?! :shocked: Sheeshy..

Yeah, I'll go buy MGMT as soon as I can :wub2:

i find that it was in the movie "21", but that couldn't be where i heard it.

It could have been.

Click on the link below and go down to the "history" section, read down to the third paragraph (starting with: MGMT performed the song "Time to Pretend"...) read a sentence or two after that and you'll see something about the movie '21'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGMT

Hope that helped:wink2:

Beirut was 20?! :shocked: Sheeshy..

Yeah, I'll go buy MGMT as soon as I can :wub2:

Yeah (well $19.99 but who's counting:roftl:)

Sure, and post how you like it (or dislike it. Which I doubt you will since you said you like their music hehe)