Andrew's not very tall, no. I'd say about 1.72m max. He really does have a baby face, too. One girl there was saying how he looks about 12 and she felt old enough to be his mother - she was 30. When we told her he's 27, she couldn't believe it! We said to her, if YOU feel old enough to be his mother, how do you think WE feel??

I know Andrew certainly doesn't look like 27, but isn't 12 is a bit too young? :naughty:

And gosh, thank you for your reports!! I'm not gonna quote any more posts either as you girls have almost said all already :aah: I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time! Anything Could Happen! :shocked: Wow, what a surprise... well, anything could happen :mf_rosetinted: I was touched when you said you could feel their passion for music. It is music that really matters in the end isn't it?? :wub2:

I love Congratulations, so love that ever since its release I've been listening to the entire album on repear every day. The lyrics would suddenly come up to my mind like poetry. Andrew's right, it's like "an everlasting Gobstopper" :blush-anim-cl:

I also really hope they don't bow to the record company pressure and go back to do OS#2 for the next album. Unless that's truly what they want to do, I suppose. I'd sooner see them ditch their record company or quit altogether rather than sell out.

(Okay I quote, hahaha)

I agree, unless it's what they want! Actually OS is very good too. It's just the dancey poppy hit singles have overshadowed the others and some lyrics lack that kind of depth one can find in Congratulations. I'm sure if they are gonna make a OS#2, it won't be the same as the first one :thumb_yello:

And if that Jedward bit isn't a joke I think I'll die :boxed::roftl:

Btw I know Andrew's a polite guy but from your description I get the impression that he's really quiet? Anyway, can't wait for THE pic too!!! Hehee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! I've built *THE pic* up to be something amazing I think... :teehee: I do hope you all won't be disappointed, it's really only a nice ordinary photo of two giggly women and a good looking young rock star.

:fangurl:

I still can't wait to see it. Won't be disappointing at all.:wink2:

AND

Andrew himself has cleared up the whole urine-throwing debacle AND the whole label not giving them freedom stuff.

http://bit.ly/cWeQ4q

Both are (thankfully) false claims.

I still can't wait to see it. Won't be disappointing at all.:wink2:

AND

Andrew himself has cleared up the whole urine-throwing debacle AND the whole label not giving them freedom stuff.

http://bit.ly/cWeQ4q

Both are (thankfully) false claims.

hahaha, did you read the message? I died laughing:

"What's up dude!?

All accounts of this alleged piss-throwing/shirt-piss-catching incident as well as the "label not giving them as much freedom" are false and maliciously embellished, as an indirect result of the Malicious British Journalistic Freedom Act (1666) which entitles gobshot writers for ****ty British tabloids to make up whatever the **** they want about whomever they choose (citation needed).

Although we're sure everyone's life could go on just fine without an "official clarification" of something that happened to that band MGMT somewhere in England, things have gotten to a point where we feel obligated to defend our selves and tell people the real story: witches, this: At the start of "Kids", MGMT's most popular song to date and the second-to-last song in the set, a celebratory cup of hearty Manchester ale, NOT URINE, was hurled into the air in the direction of the stage, thereupon landing in the lap of William Berman, the current world's best drummer. As we understand, thrown cups of beer are a sign of affection over here, whereas thrown bottles of urine mean the opposite. So, thank you Manchester for your affection.

Will Berman then left the stage to dry off and the band **finished the set without him, a nice non-percussive version of MGMT's current smash single "Congratulations." EVERYONE then returned for a steamy full band encore of "Future Reflections" and "Brian Eno", the latter of which induced a moist circular moshing type pit in the center of the floor. Johnny Marr was in attendance, the Dum Dum Girls sounded great, plenty of clotted cream and fresh berries in catering, Liverpudlian youths with dandy style, and no one got hurt. All in all it was a great show, and, on a scale of one to ten counting by tenths, I would give it a strong 7.1.

As for the whole label-not-giving-them-artistic-freedom thing, we aren't even close to starting the process of making a new album, label-relations are currently quite friendly, we are very proud of "Congratulations" and the new videos, looking forward to making more music on Columbia, and the (mostly sold out) world tour has been going splendidly THANKS FOR ASKING. Don't believe everything that you read (even on Pitchfork.com).

taking the piss=bad idea in interviews,

kittens,

MGMT

big upsSPECTRUM,TAMEIMPALA,VIOLENS,DASRACIST,DEERHUNTER

**MGMT realizes its slow wit in not playing "Someone's Missing" when Will left the stage. IT APOLOGIZES.

:lmfao:They are so funny & sarcastic! No wonder journalists can't understand their kind of humor.

And I am glad the tour is sold out! Hurray for MGMT! :yay:

Edited by southeast

That Perez ****ing Hilton :badmood::chair:

Yeah I know. I have gone right off Perez :naughty: (well actually, I went off him ages ago :naughty:).

"What's up dude!?

All accounts of this alleged piss-throwing/shirt-piss-catching incident as well as the "label not giving them as much freedom" are false and maliciously embellished, as an indirect result of the Malicious British Journalistic Freedom Act (1666) which entitles gobshot writers for ****ty British tabloids to make up whatever the **** they want about whomever they choose (citation needed).

Although we're sure everyone's life could go on just fine without an "official clarification" of something that happened to that band MGMT somewhere in England, things have gotten to a point where we feel obligated to defend our selves and tell people the real story: witches, this: At the start of "Kids", MGMT's most popular song to date and the second-to-last song in the set, a celebratory cup of hearty Manchester ale, NOT URINE, was hurled into the air in the direction of the stage, thereupon landing in the lap of William Berman, the current world's best drummer. As we understand, thrown cups of beer are a sign of affection over here, whereas thrown bottles of urine mean the opposite. So, thank you Manchester for your affection.

Will Berman then left the stage to dry off and the band **finished the set without him, a nice non-percussive version of MGMT's current smash single "Congratulations." EVERYONE then returned for a steamy full band encore of "Future Reflections" and "Brian Eno", the latter of which induced a moist circular moshing type pit in the center of the floor. Johnny Marr was in attendance, the Dum Dum Girls sounded great, plenty of clotted cream and fresh berries in catering, Liverpudlian youths with dandy style, and no one got hurt. All in all it was a great show, and, on a scale of one to ten counting by tenths, I would give it a strong 7.1.

As for the whole label-not-giving-them-artistic-freedom thing, we aren't even close to starting the process of making a new album, label-relations are currently quite friendly, we are very proud of "Congratulations" and the new videos, looking forward to making more music on Columbia, and the (mostly sold out) world tour has been going splendidly THANKS FOR ASKING. Don't believe everything that you read (even on Pitchfork.com).

taking the piss=bad idea in interviews,

kittens,

MGMT

big upsSPECTRUM,TAMEIMPALA,VIOLENS,DASRACIST,DEERHUNTER

**MGMT realizes its slow wit in not playing "Someone's Missing" when Will left the stage. IT APOLOGIZES.

:lmfao:They are so funny & sarcastic! No wonder journalists can't understand their kind of humor.

I know I know :lmfao: Andrew, you are a legend :aah:.

I've been thinking about this this morning. I really think certain sections of the blogosphere and the music press have a problem with MGMT for similar reasons they have a problem with Mika: they just don't know where to pigeonhole them. They can't get a handle on them or label them accurately, and so what do they do? They diss, or they dismiss, or they invent (i.e lie) and twist the truth.

Like Mika, MGMT just don't and I suspect never will fit into a neat little labelled box: 'Pop', 'Indie', 'Prog', 'Psych-rock', 'Dance', 'Synth'. They are a bit of everything, they can't be pigeonholed and they refuse to pigeonhole themselves. They can turn their hand to so many different styles of music and still sound effortlessly cool, and I honestly think this both confuses and irks music journalists. Andrew and Ben are also intelligent, educated, middle class, unstarry and self-effacing guys who whilst not seeking the trappings of fame, manage to inspire adoration in fans of both sexes and all orientations.

All this sounds very familiar doesn't it :naughty:.

So, this's the real message by Andrew??! He replied to that site exclusively? I still can't believe they'd have taken this so seriously :shocked: And what can I say? I love his words! He should have a blog or.... a column? :aah:

Or Bruce Vanwyngarden should definitely hire "that kid" :naughty: (Btw I have to say I really love to see Mr. Vanwyngarden tweeting about Andrew/MGMT. I see love in those tweets, though sometimes in a quite absurd way :aah:)

Oh, the whole thing is started by him???! I didn't know that! :boxed:

I know I know :lmfao: Andrew, you are a legend :aah:.

I've been thinking about this this morning. I really think certain sections of the blogosphere and the music press have a problem with MGMT for similar reasons they have a problem with Mika: they just don't know where to pigeonhole them. They can't get a handle on them or label them accurately, and so what do they do? They diss, or they dismiss, or they invent (i.e lie) and twist the truth.

Like Mika, MGMT just don't and I suspect never will fit into a neat little labelled box: 'Pop', 'Indie', 'Prog', 'Psych-rock', 'Dance', 'Synth'. They are a bit of everything, they can't be pigeonholed and they refuse to pigeonhole themselves. They can turn their hand to so many different styles of music and still sound effortlessly cool, and I honestly think this both confuses and irks music journalists. Andrew and Ben are also intelligent, educated, middle class, unstarry and self-effacing guys who whilst not seeking the trappings of fame, manage to inspire adoration in fans of both sexes and all orientations.

I think this explains why we are all here :wub2:

Pff. He's a real twat. Both online and in person. I've seen him three or four times and everytime he's just a real big jerk. He was both Mika gigs I've been to, saw him on Halloween in Hollywood last year and he was drunk and mean tot these girls who just wanted a picture.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

That message made my whole day.

Andrew, I love you. As if I didn't already.

IT APOLOGIZES. :lmfao:

I know I know Andrew, you are a legend

I would say something in response, but I'd just be repeating exactly what you said. You put it perfectly and I wholeheartedly agree.

So, this's the real message by Andrew??! He replied to that site exclusively? I still can't believe they'd have taken this so seriously :shocked: And what can I say? I love his words! He should have a blog or.... a column? :aah:

Or Bruce Vanwyngarden should definitely hire "that kid" :naughty: (Btw I have to say I really love to see Mr. Vanwyngarden tweeting about Andrew/MGMT. I see love in those tweets, though sometimes in a quite absurd way.)

Yeah, Pitchfork is a huge indie music website and they told people to try and clear up all the details of the incident by e-mailing them. So apparently, Andrew himself e-mailed them. It's interesting to see him write something that isn't song lyrics. I mean we see his personality through interviews, but it's so interesting to see it written down.

I know. It's kinda adorable. I mean, I don't personally follow his dad, but I'll occasionally look at his twitter. So cute. There's a cool article somewhere where Ben's dad talks about him and the band briefly. I'll find it.

Oh and my dad and Andrew's dad have the same first name. Destiny? :lmfao:

oh and what means by "big upsSPECTRUM,TAMEIMPALA,VIOLENS,DASRACIST,DEERHUNTER"?? :blink:

Feeling so stupid right now...... :huh:

Those are bands that MGMT is friends with/fans of. I know Tame Impala opened for them at our shows and Violens did the same in the New York shows. I guess it's his own little shout out to them.

oh and what means by "big upsSPECTRUM,TAMEIMPALA,VIOLENS,DASRACIST,DEERHUNTER"?? :blink:

Feeling so stupid right now...... :huh:

Violens are a great band, one of my very favourites at the moment. They're friends with MGMT. They have an album coming out next week- I highly recommend it.

They are playing in Manchester on Friday but I can't go, which I'm quite upset about :crybaby: But as I'm still on a total high from Sunday's MGMT experience, I'll survive!

Oh and Bruce is a cool guy isn't he? I enjoy his tweets; he seems to have a similar sense of humour to Andrew. and although he doesn't go on about his son all the time, when he does mention him it's with such a sense of quiet but fierce pride that it makes me go all teary-eyed, LOL.

Edited by Gatagordinha

Have you already seen this one?

bNfnAn

kittens :mf_rosetinted:

Charming ladies even as a child, that Andrew. :lmfao:

P.S. Do you know where the kittens reference began?

They did an interview last June and each of them (Andrew and Ben) had to describe each other in five words, and Andrew called Ben "kittens."

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/96575194.html?page=3&c=y

:lmao:

This last page here of the article is seriously one of my favorite of these two, only because I can imagine exactly what this conversation looked like while it was happening...hahaha....

Oh, the whole thing is started by him???! I didn't know that! :boxed:

Pff. He's a real twat. Both online and in person. I've seen him three or four times and everytime he's just a real big jerk. He was both Mika gigs I've been to, saw him on Halloween in Hollywood last year and he was drunk and mean tot these girls who just wanted a picture.

Have you already seen this one?

bNfnAn

kittens :mf_rosetinted:

Probably as it was posted on the 27th of this month :mf_rosetinted:

Perez is full of himself and he doesn't know so much about good music .

No big Andrew difference then and now :naughty::teehee:

Thanks for your info about those big ups bands girls!! I'll start listening to them later :thumb_yello:

I know. It's kinda adorable. I mean, I don't personally follow his dad, but I'll occasionally look at his twitter. So cute. There's a cool article somewhere where Ben's dad talks about him and the band briefly. I'll find it.

Oh, Ben's Dad is not a public person right? I seldom heard of him.

They are playing in Manchester on Friday but I can't go, which I'm quite upset about :crybaby: But as I'm still on a total high from Sunday's MGMT experience, I'll survive!

Oh and Bruce is a cool guy isn't he? I enjoy his tweets; he seems to have a similar sense of humour to Andrew. and although he doesn't go on about his son all the time, when he does mention him it's with such a sense of quiet but fierce pride that it makes me go all teary-eyed, LOL.

Have you got post-gig depression yet?? :naughty:

Yeah, sense of humour can definitely be inherited! I think he's really really proud of his son but it seems he isn't into the idea of expressing that explicitly :teehee:

Btw Andrew's grandfather has passed away. :rip_1: Hope he and his family are fine. It must be tough :no:

They did an interview last June and each of them (Andrew and Ben) had to describe each other in five words, and Andrew called Ben "kittens."

This last page here of the article is seriously one of my favorite of these two, only because I can imagine exactly what this conversation looked like while it was happening...hahaha....

:bow:

Thanks for the link!! Really, the last page made me laugh out :roftl:

I've seen a pic of little Andrew holding his face in his hands. He looks even more pretty there :naughty:

No big Andrew difference then and now :naughty::teehee:

He hasn't aged a day :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Oh, Ben's Dad is not a public person right? I seldom heard of him.

He's a vet, isn't he? But no, not a public person. I can't imagine that he tweets :roftl:.

Have you got post-gig depression yet?? :naughty:

Yes I have :boxed:. It hit me last night, when I realized they were playing at Brixton Academy in London and I wasn't there :crybaby:

Yeah, sense of humour can definitely be inherited! I think he's really really proud of his son but it seems he isn't into the idea of expressing that explicitly :teehee:

Btw Andrew's grandfather has passed away. :rip_1: Hope he and his family are fine. It must be tough :no:

It must be tough for Andrew being away in Europe while his grandfather passed away, and the funeral, and everything. When I met him on Sunday I couldn't help thinking about that. It must have been a sad weekend for him :huh:

+1 :thumb_yello:

That message made my whole day. Andrew, I love you. As if I didn't already.

IT APOLOGIZES. :lmfao:

About that idiot Perez: I read his post on his homepage and I was really happy to see that 99,9% of the comments were like: "**** off, Perez, you don't know what good music is at the first place! We love MGMT and Congratulations" Ha!

I like the "It".

I think he wrote the apology because they were so pissed off because they had to apologize about that Flash Delirium video. I never understood why they had to do it at all? :dunno:

Yeah, Pitchfork is a huge indie music website and they told people to try and clear up all the details of the incident by e-mailing them. So apparently, Andrew himself e-mailed them. It's interesting to see him write something that isn't song lyrics. I mean we see his personality through interviews, but it's so interesting to see it written down.

Oh and my dad and Andrew's dad have the same first name. Destiny? :lmfao:

Yeees, very interesting! He's an emotional guy, right, even if most of the time he's not showing it at all, but somehow it shines through.

Of course it's destiny! :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by southeast

It must be tough for Andrew being away in Europe while his grandfather passed away, and the funeral, and everything. When I met him on Sunday I couldn't help thinking about that. It must have been a sad weekend for him :huh:

Yes, I thought about that too & what would I do, but even if you know it has happened, you can't really mention it to him as a fan at an M&G, can you? I mean he's not Mika whose whole family is part of that Mika circus and hanging out at gigs. It would be kinda embarassing for him and he wouldn't know how to react and it's all so personal. On the other side I would just want him to know that I appreciate it that he's still performing inspite of it. Poor guy. :sad: But I thought he has an Irish girlfriend, so I hope at least she's there to keep him company apart from the band, so he's not alone. :wink2:

You know what? I have a new theory about chins. Andrew has a pretty big chin and he reminds me sometimes of (pls don't kill me now) Clinton or Jay Leno. More of Clinton actually, because he has charisma like Clinton (no one can really say Clinton is handsome, right, but somehow he's an attractive sort of person). So now I have the theory that big chinned people like to be in the spotlight and entertain in some way or other. Yes, I know, very scientific. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by southeast

Charming ladies even as a child, that Andrew. :lmfao:

:lmao:

Oohh, I loved this interview, esp. the last page.... :lmfao: It's a lot like btw. Andrew and his dad: they love each other but make a lot of fun of each other at the same time. I really like that!

Yes I have :boxed:. It hit me last night, when I realized they were playing at Brixton Academy in London and I wasn't there :crybaby:

Oh I know, esp. when they are playing 3 more shows in London... but you will get over it!!! :huglove:

About that idiot Perez: I read his post on his homepage and I was really happy to see that 99,9% of the comments were like: "**** off, Perez, you don't know what good music is at the first place! We love MGMT and Congratulations" Ha!

I think he wrote the apology because they were so pissed off because they had to apologize about that Flash Delirium video. I never understood why they had to do it at all? :dunno:

Actually it's still unbelievable to me that someone can make a living by gossipping about celebrities :boxed: It's a pity that he even makes bad comments about Congratulations. I mean, you don't need to be offensive even you ain't into a certain kind of music right?

Anyway, I heard that he's doing some music label thing now?? :shocked:

They apologised for FD vid? Or you mean that "sarcastic sorry" of the song??

Yes, I thought about that too, but even if you know it has happened, you can't really mention it to him as a fan at an M&G, can you? I mean he's not Mika whose whole family is part of that Mika circus and hanging out at gigs. It would be kinda embarassing for him and he wouldn't know how to react and it's all so personal... Poor guy. :sad: But I thought he has an Irish girlfriend, so I hope at least she's there to keep him company apart from the band, so he's not alone. :wink2:

As fans I don't think we are really entitled to ask him about such personal stuffs. But yeah, his girlfriend!!! Hope she can give Andrew some comfort :blush-anim-cl:

Btw I never thought that Andrew has a "big chin", I considered that's a "long face" before. :teehee:

He's a vet, isn't he? But no, not a public person. I can't imagine that he tweets :roftl:

His dad is a college professor. Here's the article:

http://www.uni.illinois.edu/og/arts-entertainment/2009/05/paternal-spectacular-mg

I love how much support his dad gave him.:biggrin2:

I like the "It".

They shouldn't have to apologize at all.:mf_rosetinted:

You know what? I have a new theory about chins. Andrew has a pretty big chin and he reminds me sometimes of (pls don't kill me now) Clinton or Jay Leno. More of Clinton actually, because he has charisma like Clinton (no one can really say Clinton is handsome, right, but somehow he's an attractive sort of person). So now I have the theory that big chinned people like to be in the spotlight and entertain in some way or other. Yes, I know, very scientific. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Very scientific indeed...though I never really thought of it that way before, it's actually kinda true...

HELP!! I'm fangirling mika's Italian article AND the Indie Rokker vid tweeted by Andrew's dad!!! Read the article then watch the vid, then read the article again before watch the vid again..... god feel like a psycho now :fangurl:

Writing can really show what and who a person is. I can't help adoring men who've got talent to compose both music and essays :swoon:

HELP!! I'm fangirling mika's Italian article AND the Indie Rokker vid tweeted by Andrew's dad!!! Read the article then watch the vid, then read the article again before watch the vid again..... god feel like a psycho now :fangurl:

Writing can really show what and who a person is. I can't help adoring men who've got talent to compose both music and essays :swoon:

Both are great!

Here's the link to the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqPz9O78ZI

Thanks Mr. VW senior! And Mr. VW junior, of course :roftl: