Mika Covered Songs

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to songs by other artists that Mika has covered during his live performances?

There's generally nothing wrong with talking about/posting links to those songs. In fact, our FAQ section has a list of all the songs we know Mika has covered so far. :thumb_yello:

I believe Satellite is a B side on a vinyl edition of one of Mika's singles, so we can't post links to that mp3. I'm pretty sure Standing In The Way Of Control was on the B side to a vinyl single, too, although he's performed that one live a few times. And Can't Stand Losing you was for a BBC compilation CD, so that one can be purchased, too.

The basic guideline is that if there's anywhere to buy a Mika song, be it on a single, on a vinyl recording, through iTunes in a foreign land - we have a policy against sharing those files.

Live performances, however, are all good. Same Jeans, Hips Don't Lie and Teardrop were recorded in radio studios, so those ones will be higher quality than live recordings from concerts.

Hope that helps clarify!

Here's a link to some of the covers:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdFWGJKMHd6NEt4dnc9PQ

ok. i understand the rules now!! thanks for putting up with my total ignorance towards the whole music copyright thing =) . the last thing i want to do is steal from artists who have put so much time and money into their work. its just wrong.