I have been diagnosed as suffering from PCOS and I was just wondering if anybody else here has it and whether we could all support each other in some kind of way. I'm not trying to be nosy, I'm making this thread so that we can talk about it (even though we don't like to sometimes) and I accept if people do not want to talk. But if you do want to post I'm ready to listen. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure but I have to eat low GI foods which are quite tasty actually and they help me to keep my weight down. I have also been given a powder that I have to take which is good. These should help me a bit... thanks for asking!

I hope everything goes ok

Your welcome:wink2:

I almost kind of sort of had PCOS.

I showed most of the symptoms lke hair growth, weight, acne on the back, irregular eriods, a bit tinted skin, some other things, and general hormone irregularities. It was mentioned to me by a couple of doctors. So I got like 8 tests for different hormone things and the two that were at irregular levels were the two that indicated PCOS (because there is no real way to directly diagnose PCOS). So then I got an ultrasound to make sure it was that, and there was nothing there. However, my hormones were still messed up on those levels. So I'm not diagnosed PCOS, but I'm taking a low dose of BC right now for whatever hormone thing it is. i don't know what treatment you're seeking, but hopefully it will help (although I've been told that it won't be effective, if at all, until 6-9 months).

Wish you the best!

I almost kind of sort of had PCOS.

I showed most of the symptoms lke hair growth, weight, acne on the back, irregular eriods, a bit tinted skin, some other things, and general hormone irregularities. It was mentioned to me by a couple of doctors. So I got like 8 tests for different hormone things and the two that were at irregular levels were the two that indicated PCOS (because there is no real way to directly diagnose PCOS). So then I got an ultrasound to make sure it was that, and there was nothing there. However, my hormones were still messed up on those levels. So I'm not diagnosed PCOS, but I'm taking a low dose of BC right now for whatever hormone thing it is. i don't know what treatment you're seeking, but hopefully it will help (although I've been told that it won't be effective, if at all, until 6-9 months).

Wish you the best!

Awww thank you for sharing your story :flowers2: I had an ultrasound and there was nothing there but I suffer from the actual syndrome even though I don't have Polycystic Ovaries. I had a blood test specifically for PCOS and I came up as having two of the markers for it - high testosterone and insulin levels. I have the symptoms you see such as irregular periods, weight gain, spots on my back, hair on my face and around my tummy button and mood swings. I'm on low GI foods and they have regulated my hormones and my periods are better than they were. Thanks for being so supportive, love Sam xoxox