Will and the People

Hevthehampster

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here i am!! another watp fan!!! :pinkbow:

i think they're great!! every song is catchy and so fresh!!!

they were the supporters at the paolo nutini's gig i attended last november, and it was love at first sight!!

the only regret i have is that i wasn't able to buy the ep! :aah:

during the gig will said 'it's just 5 euros, it's a bargain!' :roftl:

and after the gig i saw a guy with some cds, but i didn't realize that he was their manager! :aah:

i'll wait the proper album, can't wait!!!! :wub2:

i hope they will come back near to where i live one day!! being paolo's supporters gave them tons of fans i think, maybe because already liking the totally new paolo's sound (sometimes he makes a sort of reggae too) the audience liked and appreciated them very much!

ladies and gents, and watp not fans yet, here is some good music!

enjoy the new will and the people single: ADDICTED!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYFnpb2zOo

:biggrin2:

Edited by Lil'Violet

I bought their EP on itunes, it's available now :thumb_yello:

but i want the physical cd... :aah: i'm so old school!! :roftl:

Do you guys have facebook?!?!? I think we could get on verrrrrryyyy well :teehee:

yessss! already added you and joined to all watp related pages!! :thumb_yello:

found this article! :biggrin2:

http://hangout.altsounds.com/reviews/116059-will-and-the-people-addicted-single.html

Will and the People - Addicted [single]

will.jpg

Baggy Trouser Music

March 17, 2010, 09:39 PM

by EllenTout

Buy Will and the People - Addicted [single] From Amazon.com

Over the past year Will and the People have been championed by Radio One’s Jo Whiley and racked up over a quarter of a million views on YouTube. Despite all this, they still had time to tour alongside Paolo Nutini, The Script, The Hoosiers AND Girls Aloud. Pretty impressive, don’t you think?

After what can at the very least be described as a busy year Will Rendle has returned to the studio with John Tilley and Simon Hanson by his side. After releasing a six track EP in December of 2009, Will and the People have thrown themselves into 2010 with their new single ‘Addicted’. Think the voice of Paolo Nutini, the energy of The Wombats and a whole lot more. ‘Addicted’ is pop meets folk, with a couple of other genres thrown in there too, just for good measure.

Front man Will Rendle shone some light upon the birth of the single: ‘Addicted’ “was written in an all nighter session by 5 people. The lyric is about addiction, in general but also something very specific to me.... When someone or something drives you up the wall but you can't leave them, or it.... It is a schizophrenic song”.

Schizophrenic seems to be the perfect word to describe this track. From the very first electro note the music is animated, energetic and hasty. Will declares, “I don’t wanna fall asleep alone, but do I wanna wake up with you”. His confusion is clear throughout the song and although the lyrics are far from ingenious, it’s the unique style of the music which grabs you and says ‘hey, look at me!’

A loveable blend of keyboard, percussion and subtle drumming is sure to please even the most critical of ears. Whereas other tracks, like acoustic number ‘Train’ prove that Will and the People are more than just a fun one-hit wonder. It’s therefore not surprising that the group will be playing at Glastonbury festival this summer, as well as Beach Break Live and Secret Garden Party.

If Will and the People sound like your cup of tea then visit Will and the People on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads where you can witness the surreal creation that is the video for ‘Addicted’.

sounds good!!! :kachinga:

addicted is simply great!! not sure about the video :biggrin2:, but i love it because it enabled me to learn the lyrics!!! :naughty:

as i'm curious about our beloved strange guy and his amazing music, tonight i was searching some infos and news.. hope you don't mind if i post what i find.. :blush-anim-cl:

and if you find something around the web, please post it!! :thumb_yello:

when i love an artist i always want to know more and more!!! and be patient because for me it's all new!!! :blush-anim-cl::aah:

addicted is simply great!! not sure about the video :biggrin2:' date=' but i love it because it enabled me to learn the lyrics!!! :naughty:

as i'm curious about our beloved strange guy and his amazing music, tonight i was searching some infos and news.. hope you don't mind if i post what i find.. :blush-anim-cl:

and if you find something around the web, please post it!! :thumb_yello:

when i love an artist i always want to know more and more!!! and be patient because for me it's all new!!! :blush-anim-cl::aah:[/quote']

You do know it's his birthday today, right? :naughty:

this is a very old article, from the far 2008, but i loved to read some of the personal story of the boy! :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/features/Introducing+Will+And+The+People-6452.html

Introducing: Will And The People

27-11-2008 11:07

will-and-the-people-11082.jpg

At Will and The People gigs everyone gets involved in the party, even notoriously uptight London crowds find themselves letting go when faced with their infectious, genre-blending ska-rock-pop.

“We are on a mission to bring the pogo back!” says Will Rendle, their 22 year old frontman. “I can’t understand bands that don’t engage the audience. At our gigs they become part of the show.”

Support slots with their musical heroes The Police at Hyde Park Calling and with The Hoosiers on theirrecent tour prove that Will and The People retain their ability to connect when playing a bigger stage.

Following their three dates on The Hoosiers tour the band’s myspace page received over 19,000 plays in6 days - an incredible strike rate.

Growing up in a sleepy town on the south coast, the smart but easily bored Will was in and out of trouble until he found an outlet for his wayward energy. Inspired by his love of Bob Marley & TheWailers, The Specials, and Californian ska-punk pioneers Sublime (“My favourite band ever”), Will started playing the guitar and writing songs. “It immediately became everything to me,” says Will. “It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do since.”

Comment on this Article

At 18 Will blew out a place at University and moved to Brighton, throwing himself into the local live music scene. The next couple of years were spent in local bands until, frustrated by their lack of focus, Will decided to put his own band together. But it wasn’t easy. “I wanted to live with my band and do everything with them,” he says now, “but I found it impossible to find people who were up for it as much as me, who wanted it as much as me.”

Nevertheless, with persistence The People were found - Dan Lundholm (bass), Simon Hanson (drums), John Tilley (keyboards), and Alison Brown (backing vocals) – an incredibly loose and fluid unit that crosses over indie, ska, reggae, blues and rock.

Their ability to turn their gigs into happenings soon got the band noticed. As the buzz about them spread, Will & The People landed themselves a recording deal within a few months of trying. After signing to RCA Label Group the band relocated to London where they are currently working on their debut album with producer Johnny Douglas.

“I get so angry when I listen to albums and there are only three or four great songs and the rest is filler,” says Will, his eyes ablaze. “Even one bad song is too much filler. I want every song on our record to be brilliant so people want the whole album.”

Few who know Will would bet against him realising this ambition. Will & The People’s debut album will be released in Summer 2009.

:roftl: i invaded his facebook page commenting his messages' date=' poor dear!!! :naughty:

and consider that i restrained myself to be the annoying myself on twitter, i'm not so bad at the end of the day!!! :roftl::biggrin2:[/quote']

Hahahaha! Love it :roftl:

Yes I read that article ^^ it was the first one I found when I looked them up after the gig :teehee:

Yes I read that article ^^ it was the first one I found when I looked them up after the gig :teehee:

i bet!! it's beacuse you're normal!!! but as i'm always so behind, i discovered it just right now!!! :roftl:

in italy we say 'arrivare con l'ultimo treno' => arriving with the last train

it means that you arrive when everyone else is already there from ages!! :naughty:

and now i can't find again that article i found yesterday but couldn't post it cuz the internet connection was rubbish!!! argh!!! :aah:

i bet!! it's beacuse you're normal!!! but as i'm always so behind' date=' i discovered it just right now!!! :roftl:

in italy we say 'arrivare con l'ultimo treno' => arriving with the last train

it means that you arrive when everyone else is already there from ages!! :naughty:

and now i can't find again that article i found yesterday but couldn't post it cuz the internet connection was rubbish!!! argh!!! :aah:[/quote']

LOOOLL great expression:roftl: must remember that