What I'm annoyed by today...

Lolliepop_girl

Yes, I'm taking the micky out of Mika with the title and I'm not sorry!

Sorry Mika if you're offended!

But I was talking to Kelzy last night and the conversation turned from Twilight and my thoughts on "80 year old men masquerading as school kids watching you sleep" to children's toys and I thought I'd share a little thought with you all as Kelzy "throw's baby doll out window"

Indeed, if you go into your local warehouse store or wallmart or wherever it is you're likely to find a department of kids toys and, while I find the boys toys destructive and aall very cool :das: I must say I am offended and slightly disgusted when I walk through the girls' isle and almost SMELL the brainwashing!

What did we want as children, girls?

The new wedding barbie? That cool pink oven baker with real light? The pink feather duster with sparkles on it? The toy vacume cleaner with little shiney rainbow coloured balls that bounce as you push it along the floor? Baby doll with bottle and milk that disappears when turned upside down?

Toy companies, sometimes I feel as if they're trying to tell young girls to be married and be wives and mothers and to be what "every girl should be" instead of giving them real choices!

Where is there an action WOMAN?

And all the super hero dolls, Superwoman, Cat woman etc etc, all wear sexy, revealing outfits and often arn't a match for their male couterparts.

While I think it's all fine and good to expose children to the "grown up" world and introduce them through a means of play to skills and situations that ehy will need to have in future as play is how all living creatures learn and bond with friends and what not but really, where is there an apron, a kitchen set, a baby doll, a shopping set, where is there any of those specifically targated at BOYS?

You'd think in today's society there'd be a bit more equality, even in children's products!

But no, you walk through the boys' toys isle and see all the dinosaur games, lego bionicles, toy soldiures and weapons and building tools and what not and in the girls' isle there are cleaning products, "little mummy" items, children's kitchen ware!

I had the brilliant idea of founding a toy company called "Real grown up's LTD" and releasing toys like

"what-happes-when-you-drink-and-drive Wilbur"

"Homeless Harry"

"Driver's licence" complete with spot to put a picture of you, write your name and when you buy the "Police Check Point" set, the police decided weather you are drunk enough when you breath into the machine and then tears up your driver's liscence, complete with working sounds of repetitive police officer voice with such quotes as "That's a failed result" the rights read out to you (in english and Spanish) and my personal favourite: "This goes on your perminent record and you'll never get another job as long as you live"

"Pension posse" with beanie characters as Jasper wityh removable false teeth, Petal with dislocatable hip and Mary, when you speeze her hand she shouts unintellegable obscenities pretend neighbourhood children (and unforeseeable aliens)

Ideas?

Anyone agree?

x

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh:

i'm kinda confused...

sorry for my uselessness.

Moot point: They're trying to brainwash young girls into wanting to use cleaning and mothering objects by making them asthetically appealing.

They're trying to make girls want to be what history paints girls to be: Mothers, wives and housekeepers rather than anything heroic and powerful and successful, see, that would be a "man's job"

Moot point: I'm looking for a) a vast number or agreers or b) an argument :wink2:

Which ever comes first :das:

Moot point: They're trying to brainwash young girls into wanting to use cleaning and mothering objects by making them asthetically appealing.

They're trying to make girls want to be what history paints girls to be: Mothers, wives and housekeepers rather than anything heroic and powerful and successful, see, that would be a "man's job"

Moot point: I'm looking for a) a vast number or agreers or b) an argument :wink2:

Which ever comes first :das:

OH, i get it. :doh:

well i agree with you, not just becasue i am so not in the mood for arguing.

It's weird - I never thought of this. It would be a good point in my psychology classes.

I can't think of any good toys for males... But if I come up with anything I'll let you know :naughty:

How about all the hammers and housework tools and the toy lawn mowers like that talking mower thing?

And all the hard hats and the toy trucks and racing cars?

Hahaha and I'll even add "Super PC man" with the power to stop any anarchist or non-conformist (or "non compliant pop stars for that matter) in their tracks and his sidekick (sold seperately) "Superincrediblyracistman" with all the gadgets of a white supremicist. He turns evil when his true love, Snow slightly-more-tanned-than-white turns out to be his arch nemisis Getto girl only she's in disguise!

Wow, I never realised what a cynic I've become :lmfao:

A sad and narrow-minded way to look at childhood don’t you think?:naughty:

The toy factory owners I mean.

I think you have a lot of good points and opinions about this, but, this is nothing new.

It was like this when I was a child, a long time ago and the important thing is that the people around the children helps them to be able to play with whatever they want and are careful with putting valuations against toys and choice of plays.:thumb_yello: