Tokyo Police Club

iadoremika

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to go searching for a Tokyo Police Club thread! They own a part of my soul :wink2: They have such an interesting sound and they're all so adorable.

Great minds think alike, I say. :naughty: They own a part of your soul? :shocked: I am hoping they pay rent for it, that's one important piece of property.

Great minds think alike, I say. :naughty: They own a part of your soul? :shocked: I am hoping they pay rent for it, that's one important piece of property.

:naughty: well, i wrote them a confessional/apologetic email once about how I forgot their name and basically their existence when i was talking to one of my friends about music. I felt so bad. haha i don't know why. so, now I owe them. But they actually replied saying my email cracked them up :roftl:

I saw them in february at the first show of their tour this year so i think we're on good terms now. And they rock live of course :biggrin2:

Oh yay. :) I know, eh. How cool is it that they filmed the video in an old victorian mansion in Memphis?

yeah pretty cool :D

and dave (I think thats his name) has awesome hair:naughty:

tokyo_police_club_2_256.jpg

Dave is so sweet and his hair is awesome. His voice is just :mf_lustslow:

This video proves it: It's him playing Acoustic for Tesselate.

sweet:mf_lustslow: thats a great video!

thanks for posting:biggrin2:

Ooh thanks youuuu. They were playing a song of theirs in Urban Outfitters and I asked the shop assistant the name of the band but then forgot it as soon as I left the shop, this thread just made it come screaming back to me! :naughty:

They give out free-download cards of songs every year at a music festival we have in town. It's about 30 songs that you get to put free onto your computer. I have "In A Cave" by TPC now, and that's what got me interested! :teehee:

Ooh thanks youuuu. They were playing a song of theirs in Urban Outfitters and I asked the shop assistant the name of the band but then forgot it as soon as I left the shop, this thread just made it come screaming back to me! :naughty:

You're welcome. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

They give out free-download cards of songs every year at a music festival we have in town. It's about 30 songs that you get to put free onto your computer. I have "In A Cave" by TPC now, and that's what got me interested! :teehee:

Did they play at the festival? In A Cave is awesome. Kind of reminds me of the whole Benjamin Button thing where he's aging backwards as he walks on. *shrugs*. anyway... haha They're always so willing to play new stuff live. They don't care that no one knows the words, but it's always so dance-able and awesome that no one cares. Their debut came out like last year and they're already recording new stuff. I'm stoked to say the least.

oh! also, a while ago I found these nifty converses that Tokyo Police Club designed for Converse's (RED) campaign or something...where a portion of the proceeds went to...fight AIDS. yea that was it:

http://www.converse.com/#/products/Shoes/ConverseRED/107364 There was a whole paragraph about why TPC made this design...something about Dave liking constellations but since the promo for them is over it's disappeared. ha.

I loveeee converses but 80 (well now 50 ish) dollars is outta my price range. oh well.

• 1 year later...