MIKA in New York, NY at United Palace Theatre

dcdeb

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so... as I was saying. Ahem. :blush-anim-cl:

Has anyone been thinking about transportation to/from the gig?

Are you guys staying close to the venue? I don't think Washington Heights

is such a great neighborhood, is it?

I'm not a New Yorker, I'm just saying... Joanne? Jamie? Anyone? :blink:

I dunno! From what I have HEARD it is a GOOD area!!! :dunno:

I'm going with a friend and I think we'll be taking the subway up there. The A train (express) stops right by the venue at 175th St. As long as you're with someone traveling to and from the venue I think it should be fine (and MFCers do tend to travel in packs :naughty:).

I haven't ever been all the way up to the Washington Heights area myself, and I'm sure it's fine during the day, but I probably wouldn't hang around there late at night after the gig by myself. People who have been here longer than I have can correct me if my impression is wrong, but the closest I'd suggest staying overnight in that area would be in the Morningside Heights neighborhood by Columbia University (between 110th and 125th on the west side). Otherwise, you might as well commute from further south in Manhattan or elsewhere.

For those of you that are still (pending) As soon as you have worked out your travel arrangement and KNOW <for sure> if you are going to be able to make it to the Dinner Meet Up OR NOT

p l e a s e let me know either way . . . so we can have a 'pretty accurate' tally for the people! THANK YOU!!!! :huglove:

Time is FLYING!!!! :aah:

I'm going with a friend and I think we'll be taking the subway up there. The A train (express) stops right by the venue at 175th St. As long as you're with someone traveling to and from the venue I think it should be fine (and MFCers do tend to travel in packs :naughty:).

I haven't ever been all the way up to the Washington Heights area myself, and I'm sure it's fine during the day, but I probably wouldn't hang around there late at night after the gig by myself. People who have been here longer than I have can correct me if my impression is wrong, but the closest I'd suggest staying overnight in that area would be in the Morningside Heights neighborhood by Columbia University (between 110th and 125th on the west side). Otherwise, you might as well commute from further south in Manhattan or elsewhere.

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for -- I really need to book

a room, and I'm just so undecided about where to stay... :blink:

For those of you that are still (pending) As soon as you have worked out your travel arrangement and KNOW <for sure> if you are going to be able to make it to the Dinner Meet Up OR NOT

p l e a s e let me know either way . . . so we can have a 'pretty accurate' tally for the people! THANK YOU!!!! :huglove:

Time is FLYING!!!! :aah:

It sure is! I'll let you know soon, Holly -- I'm trying to work out something

with some friends... not sure what's going on yet.

We're gonna be staying at the Days Inn in North Bergen, which is in New Jersey I guess. We rented a car to go there so a hotel directly in Manhattan with the cost of the parking and all was too expensive...

We're gonna be staying at the Days Inn in North Bergen, which is in New Jersey I guess. We rented a car to go there so a hotel directly in Manhattan with the cost of the parking and all was too expensive...

I used to live in North Bergen

I used to live in North Bergen

Thats where Laura Alex and I stayed when we first saw Mika but we stayed at the Howard Johnston or Johnson I can't remember:naughty: But it was the worst hotel ever. I would not recommend anybody staying there.

Thats where Laura Alex and I stayed when we first saw Mika but we stayed at the Howard Johnston or Johnson I can't remember:naughty: But it was the worst hotel ever. I would not recommend anybody staying there.

that area is quite scary.

that area is quite scary.

really?! I know that Days Inn is just on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel and last time Claudine went to NYC the tour guide highly recommended it...

oh and.... GOT MY TIX IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

really?! I know that Days Inn is just on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel and last time Claudine went to NYC the tour guide highly recommended it...

oh and.... GOT MY TIX IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

:boing:

Congrats!

I feel quite relieved, I was beginning to worry, it seemed everybody had gotten them but me! I assume it took a little longer since I'm in Canada...

I felt the same way because both Holly and Alex got their tickets but I didn't git mine for two days:blink:

I'm so scared I'm going to loose it.

I felt the same way because both Holly and Alex got their tickets but I didn't git mine for two days:blink:

YOU BETTER LOCK THAT THING UP! But, then JUST don't forget to take it with you to the airport!!! When are yall flying in again?

I always put my gig tix in my underwear drawer... it's a safe place lol... But I know when we're gonna leave for NYC I'm gonna check if I have them like every 10 minutes :roftl:

I always put my gig tix in my underwear drawer... it's a safe place lol... But I know when we're gonna leave for NYC I'm gonna check if I have them like every 10 minutes :roftl:

OMG Ido the SAME thing!!! I will be on the plane . . KNOW I have them - but, still be checking every 10 minutes - like they are gonna run away or something!!!! :lmao:

I do the same thing:roftl:

Before I leave for the airport I put all my important things in a folder.

I do the same thing:roftl:

Before I leave for the airport I put all my important things in a folder.

I put my important things (tix and passport) in a pocket in my bag and then check that pocket a gazillion times...

tix and passport are the 2 vital things... anything else I can do without llol!