Show me your sketchbook and i'll show you mine :D

JULS92

Cheers! :thumb_yello:

I have a much clearer version uploaded on my Deviant Art now, hopefully it'll be high enough quality for the yearbook.

Cool, you have a DA! *Looks* Can't find it on your profile, mind posting a link?

More yearbook-based Meeks.

This is the style of 'painting' I do in Paintshop,which basically involves hours and hours of free-hand layering colours, shading and highlights. (I've only done one other, of Tim Minchin, as they take so long, but it's rapidly becoming a favourite endevour!) This is based on a screencap from his performance of Pick Up Off The Floor on Jools Holland - see the suit?! By the way, I am aware I can't draw microphones.

Pick_Up_Off_The_Floor___Mika_by_Nollaig.jpg

That is amazing! I wish I had your skills! I can't do digital painting at all. :(

I'll post a drawing soon, if I can get my scanner to work on my sisters computer, unless I get my laptop back soon.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DA is just nollaig.deviantart.com :thumb_yello:

Trust me, that Mika is arguably the best thing I've done, there's lots of messing and experimentation in my art, and lots of Lion King fan art :naughty:

That's some nice stuff I'm seeing already, and I'm on the 1st page.

Plus, I have a lot of doctor who and neopets artwork in my DA gallery, so your not alone.

Oh, I forgot I have some sketches (some old) from my sketchbook on my DA page, so here are some links (Best I can do on my sisters computer. Once I get a scanner hooked up I'll scan my more recent stuff and Mika related drawings. And they will be images, not links.):

Gesture Drawings: Gesture Drawings in Ink

A Ginny Weasly marker drawing: Ginny Weasley

A sketchy (Doctor Who) comic: The New Doctor Comic

Edited by Buzzbuzz
Added drawings from my Sketchbook

Art thread!

I'm no artistic genius, but it's a hobby of mine.

This is the latest picture I've done for the yearbook. Unfortunately, the photo quality is HORRIFIC, so I'll have to try rectify that.

It's Mika! Doing his tip-toe dance thing, in a suit somewhat inspired by the new album's cover art.

The_Boy_Who_Knew_Too_Much_by_Nollaig.jpg

OMG!!! You're incredible!! I absolutely love it!!!:mf_lustslow:

Awesome! I've added you to my DA watch. I LOVE the Van Gogh replicas - he's one of my favourite artists.

Thank you! He's one of my favorites as well. I really should finish that some day, but I never have the time (or when I do, I don't. XD Isn't that the way life works?) Thanks for the watch, I added you as well.

If others reading this have no clue what where talking about, it's my digital drawing of Van Goghs "The Bedroom" I did for Digital Imaging class that's on my DA.

If others reading this have no clue what where talking about, it's my digital drawing of Van Goghs "The Bedroom" I did for Digital Imaging class that's on my DA.

Which you should all go check out, specially if you like ole Van G.

I'd love a replica painting of Starry Night (clichéd, but it's a cliché for a reason, it's a fabulous painting). Prints are nice and all but there's nothing like the texture of a real painting.

Which you should all go check out, specially if you like ole Van G.

I'd love a replica painting of Starry Night (clichéd, but it's a cliché for a reason, it's a fabulous painting). Prints are nice and all but there's nothing like the texture of a real painting.

Oh my gosh, please tell me you just added that link to your DA in your signature! I'd feel like a real idiot if it was there the whole time.

Yea, there is nothing like real paint. Though I'm not a very good painter.... In fact, my tree people painting isn't going well...

Haha don't worry, I just added it. I'm very reluctant to add links like that, but there's a lot of Mika inspired material on there and I'm more than happy for feedback on that.

I can't paint in real life either. The only half decent thing I've ever done was a portrait of Slash on stage playing guitar when I was about 16. It's not GOOD, but you'd know who it was.

Haha don't worry, I just added it. I'm very reluctant to add links like that, but there's a lot of Mika inspired material on there and I'm more than happy for feedback on that.

I can't paint in real life either. The only half decent thing I've ever done was a portrait of Slash on stage playing guitar when I was about 16. It's not GOOD, but you'd know who it was.

Ok, that's good. XD That has happened to me before.

Yea, the only good paintings I've done is Elmo and Ernie for my sisters birthdays.

Ok, that's good. XD That has happened to me before.

Yea, the only good paintings I've done is Elmo and Ernie for my sisters birthdays.

Are they on your DA? I might have missed them... I commented on a couple of your pictures today. A pastel house and your extremely cute, very French self-caricature for your ID :biggrin2:

Are they on your DA? I might have missed them... I commented on a couple of your pictures today. A pastel house and your extremely cute, very French self-caricature for your ID :biggrin2:

Oh, not yet. I keep forgetting to even though I did them 3 years ago! I have a ton of artwork I forget to put into my account.

Yes, thank you for all the comments! ^_^