The Crying with Mika Club

superstar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lord. If I could have a dollar for every time I've shed tears over Mika, I could easily buy another gig ticket. :freak:

Y'all ready for this? :biggrin2:

I cried after my first gig (and first time meeting him), my often-repeated story of crying into a Pepsi at Denny's. I cried immediately after leaving the gig where I was a Lollipop Girl (I was all OMG! He held my HAND!) I cried the next day at the airport. I cried in the cab on the way home after the Roxy gig, while texting Nono. I cried in Amsterdam during Happy Ending. I cried in Brussels sitting in a freaking plane at the gate. I cried on the Tube in London. I cried in Paris when Aurelien went on stage, then again after the gig. I cried in NYC after Mika left. I cried some more the next morning at the airport, again while texting Nono. I cried at the airport in Montreal when an interview with him came on TV at my departure gate. I cried after the LA gig, thinking about his foot. I cried in Oakland during Happy Ending. And I cried again, on the way home, after the last Vancouver show.

I would consider this pathetic, but I cry at EVERYTHING. I cry at Desperate Housewives, at toddlers with puppies, while reading MFC yearbook submissions, hell, even during Long Distance phone commercials. :tears::roftl:

So if you see me crying at or around a Mika gig, don't worry. That's just how I roll. :roftl:

I blame it on my zodiac sign. We Scorpios are the sign of extremes, yo. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh lord. If I could have a dollar for every time I've shed tears over Mika, I could easily buy another gig ticket. :freak:

I cried after my first gig, my often-repeated story of crying into a Pepsi at Denny's. I cried immediately after I was a Lollipop Girl (I was all OMG! He held my HAND!) I cried the next day at the airport. I cried in the cab on the way home after the Roxy gig, while texting Nono. I cried in Amsterdam during Happy Ending. I cried in Brussels sitting in a freaking plane at the gate. I cried on the Tube in London. I cried in Paris when Aurelien went on stage, then again after the gig. I cried in NYC after Mika left. I cried some more the next morning at the airport, again while texting Nono. I cried at the airport in Montreal when an interview with him came on TV at my departure gate. I cried after the LA gig, thinking about his foot. I cried in Oakland during Happy Ending. And I cried again, on the way home, after the last Vancouver show.

I would consider this pathetic, but I cry at EVERYTHING. I cry at Desperate Housewives, at toddlers with puppies, while reading MFC yearbook submissions, hell, even during Long Distance phone commercials. :tears::roftl:

So if you see me crying at or around a Mika gig, don't worry. That's just how I roll. :roftl:

I blame it on my zodiac sign. We Scorpios are the sign of extremes, yo. :mf_rosetinted:

Awwwwwww :huglove:!!!!!

Don't worry I cried myself to sleep after seeing Mika for the first time, but Alex and Laura didn't know:teehee:

They do now:aah:

I cried after my first gig (and first time meeting him), my often-repeated story of crying into a Pepsi at Denny's. I cried immediately after leaving the gig where I was a Lollipop Girl (I was all OMG! He held my HAND!) I cried the next day at the airport. I cried in the cab on the way home after the Roxy gig, while texting Nono. I cried in Amsterdam during Happy Ending. I cried in Brussels sitting in a freaking plane at the gate. I cried on the Tube in London. I cried in Paris when Aurelien went on stage, then again after the gig. I cried in NYC after Mika left. I cried some more the next morning at the airport, again while texting Nono. I cried at the airport in Montreal when an interview with him came on TV at my departure gate. I cried after the LA gig, thinking about his foot. I cried in Oakland during Happy Ending. And I cried again, on the way home, after the last Vancouver show.

Rep it wit me, guuuurl. :glasses3:

And, ah, the Pepsi. It's weird to think about how silly anyone else would think this was. It's like the signature hopeless fangurl move, crying over some freaking celebrity that probably doesn't even know you exist. And I think 3 years ago, if I knew I'd be SOBBING about a musician, I would think older-superstar would be uber lame.

But because we ARE those hopeless fangurls, and can understand them, I think that it's obvious that this is about more than just a brief celebrity crush. It's not something shallow, it's not just for show--it's because our emotions are honestly touched by seeing this man.

Ahh, life as a Mika fan. :wub2:

Rep it wit me, guuuurl. :glasses3:

And, ah, the Pepsi. It's weird to think about how silly anyone else would think this was. It's like the signature hopeless fangurl move, crying over some freaking celebrity that probably doesn't even know you exist. And I think 3 years ago, if I knew I'd be SOBBING about a musician, I would think older-superstar would be uber lame.

But because we ARE those hopeless fangurls, and can understand them, I think that it's obvious that this is about more than just a brief celebrity crush. It's not something shallow, it's not just for show--it's because our emotions are honestly touched by seeing this man.

Ahh, life as a Mika fan. :wub2:

I know, eh? Crying over a popstar sounds soooo pathetic when you think about it logically. Even now if I heard of someone crying over, like, Justin Bieber I'd be all "hahahaha, you little fangurl you. Get a life, yo." :shun::roftl:

And really, if my 15 year-old self could see me nowadays, crying while chasing some musician from the other side of the planet, she'd think Current Me had lost her mind. :teehee:

But then you get there and he's right on stage in front of you, after waiting for who knows how long. And he sounds about six zillion times better than you imagined or remembered. And people are going nuts all around you. And the music pounds in your ears. And you've just spent seven hours with your butt planted on the pavement with newfound friends you're already attached to, and don't know when you'll see again. And you don't know when you'll see him again. And then he sings Happy Ending and he hits those money notes, and, and....:aah::tears:

:freak::roftl:

I know, eh? Crying over a popstar sounds soooo pathetic when you think about it logically. Even now if I heard of someone crying over, like, Justin Bieber I'd be all "hahahaha, you little fangurl you. Get a life, yo." :shun::roftl:

Okay, but seriously, it's Justin freaking Bieber. THAT is unforgivable. :roftl:

And really, if my 15 year-old self could see me nowadays, crying while chasing some musician from the other side of the planet, she'd think Current Me had lost her mind. :teehee:

...And now I'm working this summer to make the moola for more gigs. How RIDICULOUS is that. It's weird to take a third-person perspective on life, just like WHAT am I thinking.

But then ...

But then you get there and he's right on stage in front of you, after waiting for who knows how long. And he sounds about six zillion times better than you imagined or remembered. And people are going nuts all around you. And the music pounds in your ears. And you've just spent seven hours with your butt planted on the pavement with newfound friends you're already attached to, and don't know when you'll see again. And you don't know when you'll see him again. And then he sings Happy Ending and he hits those money notes, and, and....:aah::tears:

Oh my god, I'm gonna cry again. :roftl:

Thnaks dear:huglove: You're such a great friend:wub2:

I can cry very easy and it's not embarassing for me at all.:roftl:

awwww... you too you're a great friend... and Keti too! :huglove:

anyway....for me neither is not embarassing to cry when it's something related to MIKA!

oh dear, Relax acoustic makes me cry too!! as well as Erease and I see you!!!:blush-anim-cl:

I see you ALWAYS makes me cry :wink2:

+ 1 :tears:

:tears:

I couldn't have said it better myself:wub2:

Archived