Geocaching - Give it a go!

Hi everyone :bye:

So I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of Geocaching...my family started a few weeks ago and it's actually really fun. A great activity if you like walks, being outdoors and reading clues and finding things.

Basically, all over the world there are geocaches hidden. They're boxes, all sizes, with things hidden in them. Little treasures and log books. You make an account on the website, and then you look on the website for caches in your area, get the co ordinates and clues, and go and find them :original: When you've found them, you then write in the log book when you found it and your team name, and anything else you want to write, then put them back for other people to find them. You then go on the website and log that you've found that cache.

For example, I live on the Isle of Wight, but am on holiday in Cornwall atm. We went searching for 2 today, and I managed to find them both. It's great when you find them :original:

Also, there are things that you can find and move from cache to cache, like travel bugs. If you find one of these, you attach something from where you found it (eg, we attached to our one a pic of the view from the place we found it) and then put it in a new cache. These things travel all over the world!

So I just thought it would be a nice thing to share with you all, and if anyone is interested, or even does it already, then you can post about it here :original:

However, if you do take it up, beware of muggles! These are people who aren't involved with geocaching and can spoil the fun for everyone, by ruining or taking caches from where they are placed.

https://www.geocaching.com/default.aspx

Here's the website...and you know, if people did start doing it, there are chances like at gigs, if you had a travel bug, you could start exchanging them there if you're from different countries and they really could travel all over the world!

Anyway, give it a try if you're interested. And post here!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone :bye:

So I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of Geocaching...my family started a few weeks ago and it's actually really fun. A great activity if you like walks' date=' being outdoors and reading clues and finding things.

Basically, all over the world there are geocaches hidden. They're boxes, all sizes, with things hidden in them. Little treasures and log books. You make an account on the website, and then you look on the website for caches in your area, get the co ordinates and clues, and go and find them :original: When you've found them, you then write in the log book when you found it and your team name, and anything else you want to write, then put them back for other people to find them. You then go on the website and log that you've found that cache.

For example, I live on the Isle of Wight, but am on holiday in Cornwall atm. We went searching for 2 today, and I managed to find them both. It's great when you find them :original:

Also, there are things that you can find and move from cache to cache, like travel bugs. If you find one of these, you attach something from where you found it (eg, we attached to our one a pic of the view from the place we found it) and then put it in a new cache. These things travel all over the world!

So I just thought it would be a nice thing to share with you all, and if anyone is interested, or even does it already, then you can post about it here :original:

However, if you do take it up, beware of [b']muggles![/b] These are people who aren't involved with geocaching and can spoil the fun for everyone, by ruining or taking caches from where they are placed.

https://www.geocaching.com/default.aspx

Here's the website...and you know, if people did start doing it, there are chances like at gigs, if you had a travel bug, you could start exchanging them there if you're from different countries and they really could travel all over the world!

Anyway, give it a try if you're interested. And post here!

There seems to be a lot of them close to where I live and close to my summerhouse too!:wink2:

Been there, done it. :lmfao:

The only time btw when I ended up being asked questions by the police.

And it's really great if you like ticks.

What happened?:teehee:

Archived