REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ EXIT Festival: Novi Sad, Serbia - 8 JULY, 2010

Fmbm

If you had seen the audience during 2nd support act crowd surfing and performing the typical punk rock routines of slamming into each other (and into us :sneaky2:), then for the next act chanting LSD instead of the act's proper name of LCD, you wouldn't ask..:no:

we all seriously feared for someone being hurt

Oh, wow! But since I come from Bulgaria, which is not that far away, I can imagine... I would have been terrified though. :boxed: Hate wild crowds. Good for you girls that you managed to enjoy it inspite of that!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow! But since I come from Bulgaria, which is not that far away, I can imagine... I would have been terrified though. :boxed: Hate wild crowds. Good for you girls that you managed to enjoy it inspite of that!

yes, the funny thing was that I guess it was just around 100 people making the scene for both of these acts and after these performers left the stage, so did their hard core fans . (I suppose they needed to recharge, with whatever substance they needed to do it with... :cool:)

So after they were gone, you could actually feel the crowd pushing again but this time in anxious anticipation of Mika arriving on stage soon :blush-anim-cl:

So I didn't mind that kind of pushing at all, and it actually stopped as soon as Mika came on stage because everyone started to jump up and down and enjoy themselves :groovy:

Edited by suzie

Thank you everyone for your kind words!:huglove:

Oh thanks dear god, there's hope! I wonder where and who we could ask about that?

Who is that girl?! O dear, dear god, I cannot stop crying, I'm so embarrassed, my whole family is here, and I cannot stop crying, I barely see what I write. This has to be translated! On of the most beautiful reviews of Mika I've ever read. Ohh God...this got me sooo emotional...and I DO NOT cry over pop stars or anything like that, not even Mika. Until this girl's words.:tears:

It will be translated soon and we'll put it in the section Mika News and Press.

There are 2 lovely articles with pics in 24 sata, and in the Serbian Elle. Keti will scan them soon cos tomorrow she's off to her hollidays. I'll try to ask some of my coleauges who work on RTS what's going on. But I can't guarantee anything:dunno:

And Vedrana, you had such a lovely night, go and have some drink today with someone, and please don't cry:huglove:

If you had seen the audience during 2nd support act crowd surfing and performing the typical punk rock routines of slamming into each other (and into us :sneaky2:), then for the next act chanting LSD instead of the act's proper name of LCD, you wouldn't ask..:no:

we all seriously feared for someone being hurt

We should sing the song Born to be alive with such nasty and wild crowd.:aah:

They've trown some drunk guy over my neck for God's sake.:shocked:

But Suzie, you didn't seem to be surprised at all:naughty:

We should sing the song Born to be alive with such nasty and wild crowd.:aah:

They've trown some drunk guy over my neck for God's sake.:shocked:

But Suzie, you didn't seem to be surprised at all:naughty:

They threw one on my head too...:mf_rosetinted:

But then you've got away to be BG and we stayed to fight with them:furious:

But my head wasn't saved. They didn't trew that sceleton head on me, but it sure was heavy almost like that guy that was thrown.:naughty:

I don't get this part of your report.:blink: Actually Daniella handed him her "the most amazing gift" that night and got 2 pics talking to him. It was me who couldn't give him the present and Keti was running after their car but the security didn't let her to approach them. You obviously didn't read my report.:naughty:

Really? But she was crying and saying she couldn't hand him her gift. He said to her he'd be back but then he couldn't come back anymore.:blink: Guess I got something wrong then...dunno.:dunno: But I did read your report, and I know Keti was also unable to give him her gift. However- I'm sure she'll get her chance in her hometown (Belgrade that is) very soon.:biggrin2:

It will be translated soon and we'll put it in the section Mika News and Press.

There are 2 lovely articles with pics in 24 sata, and in the Serbian Elle. Keti will scan them soon cos tomorrow she's off to her hollidays. I'll try to ask some of my coleauges who work on RTS what's going on. But I can't guarantee anything:dunno:

And Vedrana, you had such a lovely night, go and have some drink today with someone, and please don't cry:huglove:

oh great, that would be great!

I knowww:wub2: amazing night!:wub2: I'm 100% satisfied with how it all went that night. I'm not crying anymore:naughty: and those wasn't sad tears at all, I was just touched with that girl's words. :blush-anim-cl: I'm surprised she's not on the MFC:roftl:

Drinking is scheduled for tomorrow. :biggrin2:

Really? But she was crying and saying she couldn't hand him her gift. He said to her he'd be back but then he couldn't come back anymore.:blink: Guess I got something wrong then...dunno.:dunno: But I did read your report, and I know Keti was also unable to give him her gift. However- I'm sure she'll get her chance in her hometown (Belgrade that is) very soon.:biggrin2:

No, she did gave him present, you can see him with her turquoise bag at allll m&g pictures:naughty:

Keti also gave him hers, it's only Shine who didn't :sad: I think at the end that's what Keti was trying to do.

No, no, actually it was my gift not Keti's. :roftl::roftl:

She handed him her gift in the Back stage.:wink2:

I had a small figure of Big Girl.:sad: And my hubby took it for him of course:aah:

Next time - no gift for Mika!:roftl::sneaky2::biggrin2::naughty:

No, she did gave him present, you can see him with her turquoise bag at allll m&g pictures:naughty:

Keti also gave him hers, it's only Shine who didn't :sad: I think at the end that's what Keti was trying to do.

Damn I got everything wrong. Let me say in my excuse I was really tired...I almost felt as if I was stoned. :roftl: Sorry.:teehee:

Here's my report

I don't really know where to begin. Maybe by explaining why I look so dead on pics-that's because I deprived of sleep badly for the past few days. I had had one of the most exhausting weeks of my life for sure, lol. I'm telling you all these so that I can show case you what an incredible effect Mika's music has (on me at least :teehe:).

So as I was saying I was dead tired as I didn't sleep for almost 2 days-so I mostly just sat there, saying nothing and hoping I don't fall asleep in front of everyone, lol. We started queuing at 5 o'clock, we were the only one there, just waiting for the show to begin. And finally it has! :biggrin2:

The local band was really much fun, Bad Brains (aka dead brains) not so much, and LCD Soundsystem just sounded so...blah, it all sounded the same too me. Finally their snoozfest was over and they began to prepair the stage for the one and only-Mika! :wub2:

When Mrs P came out to choose LG/BG's I was also kinda hoping she'd choose me too (although I knew that's impossible-cuz I'm no BG and I'm too tall for a LG:naughty:) but I have absolutely no regrets, cuz oh boy that was some super, most amazing and all around brilliant show!! I was really curious to see how Mika will do a festival, and I was totally blown away. He was on fire! He owned the crowd- they were at his feet and at his service (well we all were, lol). I've never seen anything like that before...it gave me goosebumps.

I didn't take any pics as I didn't bring my camera with me, and I loved it. This way I was only and completely focused on his epic show. It was purifying, it was electric. It was all and more a great gig should be.

But I just couldn't help not to remember and think of how just 3 years ago people made fun of Mika, and didn't take him seriously calling him 'a one day thing', 'mika who', 'oh that dude with high voice' and such things. I know people also made fun of me for being a Mika fan. But now, 3 years after, it seems the crowd would kill for Mika. He's the king, he's the emperor and we're his humble servants, haha.

All in all it was really a superb perfromance and another night to remember for the rest of your life and tell your grandchildren (if you ever have any lol) about. It was what I call pure joy.

Anyhow-remember how I said I was all tired and moody before the gig? Well all that changed right after Mika and the band finished their show. It was like I was a newborn.:biggin2:

His music is just so-powerful, his perfromance just so- energetic. It has to move you, it has to lift you up and carry you away cuz if it doesn't you better check your pulse cuz you might be dead.

After the gig there was there was the M&G, and Mika was so nice and caring towards us.:origial:

I'm just really sorry for Dani who couldn't give him her most amazing gift. But don't you worry girlie you'll have your chance. You'll be the perfect LG.:wink2: Oh, and thank you so much for lending me your sunglasses. You saved my life.

What else to say/write?? Oh yeah- I'm so happy for all of you girls who got to be LG/BG's.:thumb_yelo: You did a fantastic job! But the most amazing thing is that you got this chance in your own country/hometown, especially after you have had doubts Mika would ever come to Serbia. But he did and I'm sure this wasn't his last visit. Oh and his serbian is so cute it melts hearts.:wb2:

To finish off with saying that it was really so nice to meet you all. If not sooner, then see you next year at same time, same place and same artist.:biggrn2:

aw really nice report Anna :teehee:

aw and i did give my present to mika altho he didnt say anything :blink:

i was...sad bcs he didnt take a pic w/ me but w/ some other girls who were VERY pushy ect...:mf_rosetinted:

about the glasses,anytime dear :huglove:

very glad we met,see u soon again,i hope... :huglove:

Hey, just catching up with the thread after the weekend!

Thanks for the reports and the great pics!

I love this one:

IMG_3906.jpg

Happy for Mika that he has so many fans in Serbia! I think he said in an interview it is always a bit scary doing a gig in a country for the first time, because he doesn't know how the audience is going to react. But now I am sure he would love to come back for a gig again! Well done, everybody! :thumb_yello:

soooooooo cute :tears::tears::tears:

aaaaaaaaaa :swoon:

Actually our "serious" and "competent" audience and critics don't respect Mika at all. I can tell you that in the our most prominent daily news "Politika" (like "Die Welt" for instance) Mika was announced as the represent of the Eurovision type of music and they ignore him even his great success at the Exit. Not a word about him. But he'll go to Germany again of course, and he will probably have a solo gig in Belgrade next year according to the press. :aah:

Oh, wow! I just thought they like him, because you were writing about very positive reviews of Mika's performance. And also because there were so many posters all over the town before the gig. Here, I only saw one poster before his concert... :dunno:

yes, the funny thing was that I guess it was just around 100 people making the scene for both of these acts and after these performers left the stage, so did their hard core fans . (I suppose they needed to recharge, with whatever substance they needed to do it with... :cool:)

So after they were gone, you could actually feel the crowd pushing again but this time in anxious anticipation of Mika arriving on stage soon :blush-anim-cl:

So I didn't mind that kind of pushing at all, and it actually stopped as soon as Mika came on stage because everyone started to jump up and down and enjoy themselves :groovy:

Sorry, I still don't know how to multiquote, so I just write lots of messages at one time... :teehee:

This reminds me of the song: "You've gotta fight/for your right/to PARTYYYYY!" :roftl:

Oh, wow! I just thought they like him, because you were writing about very positive reviews of Mika's performance. And also because there were so many posters all over the town before the gig. Here, I only saw one poster before his concert... :dunno:

The other press love him very much and the audience as well.:wink2:

I've just mentioned that I'm very disappointed with their reception of Mika.

But they follow the musical taste of the British NME magazine who also hates him. That's all.:mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: Who's that guy? Cool. Looks a bit like Campino (the front man of Die Toten Hosen).

This is Steve Forrest, the drummer of Placebo band.:thumb_yello:

He bumped into the back stage to hear Mika gig and talked to everyone there and liked Keti dress very much. That's what she told me, now she's off will confirm that.:roftl:

I haven't seen a bad review after the gig...

And posters...:blush-anim-cl:...this photo was taken in the main town sqare, in Novi Sad...:wub2::wub2::wub2:

IMG_4841.jpg