Misc. Stories From the Minds of MFCers

bopsterjazz

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I couldn't find a one. If it has just close this one. :biggrin2:

I know a lot of people on here like to write and draw so I figured we could post the stories that we've written that aren't all about Mika. Plus some illustrations maybe? They could even be projects you did for school or something you wrote when you were really bored. Anything is welcome, Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Plays, anything! Go crazy! (just not too crazy, k? :mf_rosetinted: )

So what do ya say? Are you in? Eh? :blink:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok first one, because I'm all excited like:

Non-Fiction

When I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror everything was the same. I had the same dirty blonde hair, the same crooked smile, the same bushy eyebrows and exactly the same morning slobber I wake up with after staying up all night, writing. Except something was different . . . I still had on the same pajamas I wore to bed last night, but the room was different. The tile wasn’t the same combination of blue and white; my yellow shower curtain was gone. In its place was a sliding glass door. It was thick and took up my whole bathroom wall. I stepped through it expecting to end up standing in a bathtub with the noticeable dirt ring and the rusted showerhead of my own bathroom. Instead, I was thrust into a strange, yet slightly familiar, world.

In my book, it wasn’t nearly this colorful, though part of that was the illustrator’s fault; Paris only drew things in black and white. I tried to bribe him into coloring his beautiful drawings but he just shouted, “Adding colors will ruin it! Do you want me to ruin your book!?” Then he stormed off and I didn’t see him for a week. If he’d come with me on this journey he wouldn’t have had time to draw, he’d be too busy taking in the landscape.

It was amazingly bright. When I wrote it I had no idea it was this bright, with it’s alien creatures integrated with the world’s humans, nor did I think the teleportation devices were so loud; it was like standing next to an airplane as it took off. It seemed the people of this world figured out how to eliminate the smog problem. I noticed that there weren’t any cars or space ships as I had imagined, instead the citizens took advantage of the teleportation devices for long distance travel and rode bikes around town.

I found breakfast in a little place called “Mom and Pop’s Galaxy Shop” but the main dish had tentacles and the garnish strolled off the plate when the waitress asked me about my meal. There was one thing on the plate that looked edible. It was waffle shaped and tasted like sweet and sour chicken with a little bit of beef and ramen noodles. It was hardly breakfast worthy, but I ate it anyway attempting to ward off a dizzy feeling later. I had no way to pay for my meal so I ducked out of the restaurant, hoping no one noticed. I made a mental note to come back when I had money and pay for my lousy breakfast.

I didn’t have anything in particular I wanted to do in this world, but one thing I absolutely had to do was find my protagonist. I knew exactly how to find him. He wore dark chocolate brown hair with a pair of red and blue 3-D glasses. He claimed he couldn’t see without them. He was against using any type of weapon. Instead, he used his words. He was very clever, though, no stranger could take him seriously because he took great joy in dressing eccentrically. Sometimes he’d wear a tuxedo with rainbow socks, mismatching shoes, a polka dotted tie with red and blue Ray-Bans. Some people had spotted him in a bird suit; others had seen him in a trench coat dripping with random objects such as hangers, clocks, fishing poles, and laptops. He always left the tags on his clothes. No one knew why he dressed like that. Heck, I still don’t know, and I created him. Surprisingly, no one cared what he dressed like; he had saved them all, more than once. He was the best character I had ever brought to life on the printed page, and my favorite. He was the star of many of my novels. I’d reached number one on the Yew Nork Days Best Selling Books List many times with him. He was called Rider; he only showed up in a time of danger and that’s how I was going to find him.

Now, I didn’t know where exactly that danger would be. I looked in alleys, in the shadows, on street corners, and at the bank. There was nothing. I’d looked everywhere. Eventually, I became bored and found some paper and a pen and sat on a bench in the park. I started to write. I wrote about a little old lady with dark gray hair; she wore a pink polka dotted dress covered with lace. She had a green purse and attached to it was a man dressed mostly in black, his shirt was striped and he had the grip of a gorilla. Suddenly, I heard a scream.

“HELP!” someone shrieked as I looked up. It was the little old lady of my story. She held tight to her purse while I searched wildly for Rider.

“Come on, lady! Just shut up and give me it!” he yelled back. Rider still hadn’t shown up.

“Someone help!” she yelled. I couldn’t take it anymore. I jumped up and grabbed hold of the lime green purse. He held tight but I pulled hard. He glared at me, I glared back. He snarled, I snarled louder. His knuckles turned white and he lost his grip. I made a run for the lady, who, had run to the nearest store, which just happened to be “Mom and Pop’s Galaxy Shop.” I slowed down and covered my face with the purse.

“Thank you for helping me get my purse from that terrible robber,” she said in a small, raspy, panting voice.

“You’re very welcome Ma’am,” I breathed. I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I spun around, I remembered where I was.

“You skipped out on breakfast! Are you going to pay now or shall I get an apron ready?” a waitress in a red striped apron, splotched with stains spat in my ear. Her nametag read Patty but she sounded more like a Marge, with her deep yet piercing voice. Her unkempt hair and unbrushed teeth didn’t lighten the mood any. As she screamed, her breath attacked my nostrils and there was a moment I thought I was going to faint. “So, what’ll it be!?” she demanded.

I was speechless . . . mostly because I couldn’t breathe.

“Are you in trouble, sir?” the kind old lady asked.

“Um, kind of . . . yes. You see, I’m new here and I have no money. I was hungry this morning and kind of . . . um forgot that I had no money, so when I ordered I had no idea what I was doing. I left thinking I could pay later,” I explained to the woman.

“Oh, well, I would help you because it would be the least I could do, but you caught me at a bad time. I just spent all of my money on that purse you saved for me. I’m so sorry!” she apologized.

“That’s ok . . .” I turned to the waitress. “I guess I’ll work off my food.”

“Great! We could use another set of hands, now get that apron on and scrub the tables!” the drill sergeant ordered.

I changed into my work clothes and did as my new boss said. She wasn’t paying attention so I went to the back room and wrote. This time, I wrote about a businessman who ran into the store with enough money to pay off my meal. He sat down and bought himself a meal and chatted with the waitress about needing a writer.

Soon, the exact same man I had described in my story waltzed in. He wore a brown, pinstriped suit, his hair had so much gel in it I thought it was a plastic wig. He wore extremely thick, frame-less glasses and the shiniest shoes I’d ever seen. The man sat down and ordered a squid pie with waffle chicken. He sat with his legs crossed and as he waited, he fiddled with his glasses. He spoke with the waitress. I couldn’t make out what he was saying from my little store room, but I bet it was about me, because as soon as he’d said his piece, Patty ran to where I was and dragged me out of my cozy hiding spot.

“See that man? That’s Buck Richmond; he wants you out there. Now! Go!” she shouted in the only setting of her voice, LOUD. I followed her orders and ran to his table.

“H-hello,” I offered.

“Hello, I hear you’re a writer.” He flashed a sparkling white smile.

“Um, yes. I am.” I stammered.

“Great, I want you to write me a story. It can be anything, but I want you to be done by the time I’m finished eating.” He was starting to sound like the waitress.

“Ok.” With that, I flipped the paper I had written his story on and started writing a new story. This time, it was about Rider. He’d come across a burning building with a few people inside. In the end, he saved them all. As soon as I laid down my pen someone hurried into the restaurant.

“The house on the corner is on fire!” hollered a ten-year-old boy. He wore a backwards baseball cap with a red jacket; it seemed like he was crying. “My mom and little sister are in there!”

Buck looked at me. “Give me what you’ve written.” I did as he said and ran into the hysteria with the boy in the baseball cap. The fire department hadn’t made an appearance yet. As I got closer, the fire absorbed the building, walls crumpled, windows shattered, people screamed and I ran.

I threw the front door open and ran inside, hoping they were on the first floor. Luckily, they were both huddled together. The mother and child were crouched in the bathtub, running water as they tried to save themselves from the fiery enemy.

“I’m here to help you!” I had to scream over the fire.

“You don’t look like a fireman,” the kid pointed out.

“Yeah, well, I’m not . . . but you have to come with me. You do want out of here, right?” They decided against arguing and I led them to a teleportation device, I pressed a button and we ended up in the diner.

As soon as we appeared in the diner, the family had a touching reunion and Buck strolled up to me as if nothing had happened. He pulled me aside.

“I finished reading your story. It sounds a lot like what has just occurred here. I’ve worked it out with the waitress, and she wants you to come with me to Nowhere. I believe you’re familiar with the town. After all, you created it.” I then noticed his rainbow socks and the tags dangling from his clothes and the lenses in his glasses were two different tints in the sunlight, one blue and the other red. “I want you to write me the future.”

Oh God! :lmfao: I can't believe you opened a thread like this bearing in mind what happened to me today!!

A while ago me and my friends wrote a story about Mika and I in a little book thingy and it's honestly the randomest thing Ive ever read :roftl: And I kept it in my textbook at school so I could read it when I got bored.

Then today, my teacher collects them in for the end of term and I forgot to take it out until AFTER I've handed my book in. Obviously I couldnt tell my teacher what I'd left in it or else I'd get eaten :ahh: So I had to sneak in at lunch and go through every single book until I found mine just to get this story! I promise I'll type it up tomorrow when I've got a bit more time.... but prepare yourselves for craziness! :roftl:

Oh God! :lmfao: I can't believe you opened a thread like this bearing in mind what happened to me today!!

A while ago me and my friends wrote a story about Mika and I in a little book thingy and it's honestly the randomest thing Ive ever read :roftl: And I kept it in my textbook at school so I could read it when I got bored.

Then today, my teacher collects them in for the end of term and I forgot to take it out until AFTER I've handed my book in. Obviously I couldnt tell my teacher what I'd left in it or else I'd get eaten :ahh: So I had to sneak in at lunch and go through every single book until I found mine just to get this story! I promise I'll type it up tomorrow when I've got a bit more time.... but prepare yourselves for craziness! :roftl:

:lmfao:

Good to see you didn't get eaten! :aah: It muast have taken some awesome ninja-like skills! :D

I can't wait to read your randomness! :aah:

Good to see you didn't get eaten! :aah: It muast have taken some awesome ninja-like skills! :D

I can't wait to read your randomness! :aah:

Oh it did :mf_rosetinted: I had to roll along the floor to find my book.... dangerous stuff :mf_rosetinted:

And the fact that this little book was NEON didnt make it any easier to sneak out un-noticed :roftl:

Oh it did :mf_rosetinted: I had to roll along the floor to find my book.... dangerous stuff :mf_rosetinted:

And the fact that this little book was NEON didnt make it any easier to sneak out un-noticed :roftl:

But who would want a dull colored notebook? Those are no fun!

i like to write poems, dirty poems most of the time

the best ones are the ones that i think of in under a minute :teehee:

You should post one! Only clean it up a tad because this is a family forum! :mf_rosetinted:

-------------

Something a friend of mine wrote before she left:

I hope this letter reaches you because it took me months to write.

I just wanted to say I miss you sometimes and someday, maybe,

This will all be just a distant nightmare.

This morning I went to the zoo with my mom and two younger brothers. We went to an area of the zoo that had picnic tables, to eat our lunch. In our zoo there are peacocks walking around everywhere. So when we saw one come near us we didn't think anything of it. Then it didn't go away, it kept getting closer and closer. Then it squaked/croaked/yelled/made a noise.

Then we tried to throw some bread so it would go away.

But it only wanted more food.

So we had to chase it away...to a couple sitting at another picnic table. :teehee:

It was so scary. :huh:

You should post one! Only clean it up a tad because this is a family forum! :mf_rosetinted:

-------------

Something a friend of mine wrote before she left:

I hope this letter reaches you because it took me months to write.

I just wanted to say I miss you sometimes and someday, maybe,

This will all be just a distant nightmare.

lol :roftl: yeh i wouldnt dare to post one of my "dirty" ones here :naughty:

aww and thats such a sweet and kinda sad ntawww :sad:

Archived