Vivienne Westwood's "Dr John" cape

Siu

Yesterday Vivienne Westwood staged her autumn/winter collection for 2011 in London. There were the tartan kilts we saw MIKA wearing in the Comic Relief photo shoot, yet an interesting find was a colourful feather cape every Dr-John-fan would definitely like to have in their wardrobe :wink2:

00300m.jpg

There rest of the collection can be seen at

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2011RTW-VWRED/?mbid=rss_runway

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just saw that .... I received mail from Vogue and I was like :teehee: heheheh Mika is a big inspiration for everyone..... :biggrin2:

It was not Mika inventing that type of design. Just because people saw that first on Mika, it does not mean that these type of feather coats have not existed for decades...:wink2:

It was not Mika inventing that type of design. Just because people saw that first on Mika, it does not mean that these type of feather coats have not existed for decades...:wink2:

I know that... I was just kidding :wink2:... I am fashion designer too and some of my creation I made when I was in collage and after that I found very similar creation in some collection from big fashion designer and I don't think thay took from me.. I know what U mean.... :teehee:

I know that... I was just kidding :wink2:... I am fashion designer too and some of my creation I made when I was in collage and after that I found very similar creation in some collection from big fashion designer and I don't think they took from me.. I know what U mean.... :teehee:

oh I didn't know you were a designer... :teehee:

Here is another similar coat I found on the site of the Metropolitan Museum of Art:

CoatGlasses.L.jpg

By 'people' I believe you meant the people in MFC :wink2:. I'm pretty sure that to the majority of people outside of MFC it rather associates with the opera. If with anything at all. :naughty:

Although it's not purely 'original' (but then again, what is in today's fashion?) it was the crown of the show, if we choose to believe the expert opinion.

Archived