Live at Sadler's Wells - Not edited in video?!!

I'm addicted to "Live at Sadler's Wells" that comes with "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" (Deluxe Edition)... It's a BIG SHAME that this show was not edited in Video (wasn't, right??), maybe because of the "F*** (that i LOVE!) on the "Any Other World" track (that i love more!) that he was not supposed to sing (and i wish he did!!!) and gave place to "My Interpretation" (that sucked, by the way)? Made sense? Hope so!

So... i gave a try to the first Mika DVD (Live from L'Olympia Paris)... it SUCKS BIG TIME... I was not expecting a fantastic show... but... Mika is not himself... i cannot describe the emptiness i felt when i saw the first 30 minutes of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE show. :-((((((

I need to have "Live at Sadler's Wells" in Video. I need it!!! Here, the studio albums come to life, in a very appealing form, very well arranged and performed, making me listening over and over again.

There, i said it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm addicted to "Live at Sadler's Wells" that comes with "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" (Deluxe Edition)... It's a BIG SHAME that this show was not edited in Video (wasn't, right??), maybe because of the "F*** (that i LOVE!) on the "Any Other World" track (that i love more!) that he was not supposed to sing (and i wish he did!!!) and gave place to "My Interpretation" (that sucked, by the way)? Made sense? Hope so!

So... i gave a try to the first Mika DVD (Live from L'Olympia Paris)... it SUCKS BIG TIME... I was not expecting a fantastic show... but... Mika is not himself... i cannot describe the emptiness i felt when i saw the first 30 minutes of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE show. :-((((((

I need to have "Live at Sadler's Wells" in Video. I need it!!! Here, the studio albums come to life, in a very appealing form, very well arranged and performed, making me listening over and over again.

There, i said it.

Don't think you will get lucky with a dvd of this.

As far as I'm aware, he didn't film it, just did the audio for the cd.

There, i said it.

I don't agree...I don't think the Olympia show was terrible...

Besides, you have to understand that now he's more mature on stage, his show and stage presence are different than they were in 2007. And SW was part of an acoustic tour, very different from the Olympia show. :wink2:

Apart from that..I don't think the acoustic tour was filmed (as in,a whole show to be put on a DVD)... :dunno:

Welcome, btw. Care to tell us more about you in the Introductions section? :thumb_yello:

I don't agree...I don't think the Olympia show was terrible...

Besides, you have to understand that now he's more mature on stage, his show and stage presence are different than they were in 2007. And SW was part of an acoustic tour, very different from the Olympia show. :wink2:

Apart from that..I don't think the acoustic tour was filmed (as in,a whole show to be put on a DVD)... :dunno:

Welcome, btw. Care to tell us more about you in the Introductions section? :thumb_yello:

That makes sense (SW was part of an acoustic tour, very different from the Olympia show)... It suits me. Just love this kind of shows.

Mika is a "stage animal", and i thought he was strangely calm on SW show.

Well... guess i could look at the "booklet" of "Live from L'Olympia"... cause i don't think i will play that dvd a second time :-)

That makes sense (SW was part of an acoustic tour, very different from the Olympia show)... It suits me. Just love this kind of shows.

Mika is a "stage animal", and i thought he was strangely calm on SW show.

Well... guess i could look at the "booklet" of "Live from L'Olympia"... cause i don't think i will play that dvd a second time :-)

:thumb_yello:

Have you watched the second DVD?

:thumb_yello:

Have you watched the second DVD?

Damn! I had to choose, so i picked the first based on the fact that was not on a HUGE stadium, so, it would be more... intimate?

Do you think that "Live Au Parc Des Princes" is a step up from the first one?

Damn! I had to choose, so i picked the first based on the fact that was not on a HUGE stadium, so, it would be more... intimate?

Do you think that "Live Au Parc Des Princes" is a step up from the first one?

Well, I confess, my fave parts of BOTH DVDs are the documentaries, specially the Parc des Princes. It's a great way to know how his mind works, and how he prepares a show (a HUGE show!).

The concert is very good (not perfect, though, but still very good), and it has a much bigger "dramatic" component than the Olympia one, the set is fantastic, and all the elements work really well together.

If you watch it, having in mind that it was his first show in a stadium, and that all of those things came from his mind, you'll be pleased. It's a stunning visual show (and musical too, obviously, but the songs are basically the ones from the 1st DVD, plus a couple more).

For me, the bad thing (as in most live shows put in DVD) is that you can't really hear the crowd, so sometimes you're expecting a more effusive reaction, and you don't get it (even if the people were screaming their heads off in the audience). :naughty:

Archived