ITALIAN TREDDE - XVI parte

mari62

Hi Guys,

We're planning our vacations and i'm viewing the possibility to travel to Rome, italy!, I'm so excited! :D

I was wondering if any of the italian or european mikafriends could help me suggesting me destinations,

I'm viewing the possibility of traveling across europe in train, (http://www.raileurope.com/) and going to another countries, what do you guys suggest me, any advice aswel will come very handy : ) oh and in this web site (raileurope) it's asking me the names of the station, which is the name of the rome's rail station

Thanks and sorry to bother

(my familiy doesn't know that my whole plan is to bump into MIKA in any of the european cities :naughty: ) :mf_lustslow:

Thank you guys : )

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

We're planning our vacations and i'm viewing the possibility to travel to Rome, italy!, I'm so excited! :D

I was wondering if any of the italian or european mikafriends could help me suggesting me destinations,

I'm viewing the possibility of traveling across europe in train, (http://www.raileurope.com/) and going to another countries, what do you guys suggest me, any advice aswel will come very handy : ) oh and in this web site (raileurope) it's asking me the names of the station, which is the name of the rome's rail station

Thanks and sorry to bother

(my familiy doesn't know that my whole plan is to bump into MIKA in any of the european cities :naughty: ) :mf_lustslow:

Thank you guys : )

Haha, you are not alone

Hi Glitter! :bye:

I'd be glad to help you but I don't speak english very well, I'll ask to Nezza (a welshie mfcer who lives in Italy and posting in our thread) to translate any suggestions, ok?

however, I think travel by train is a good idea :thumb_yello:

Rome's rail station name is Stazione Termini:biggrin2:

absolutely no bother!

:bye:

Thank you! :biggrin2: thank you thank you :bow:

BTW: I also speak spanish, do you? what language do you speak? : )

wait, I go to bring Nerys here :aah:

my fav dish? I have traditional tastes, I like spaghetti, tomato, basil and parmigiano cheese, because it's simple, easy to cook and very tasty;

my fav sweet is a wonderful chocolate cake called "Caprese", it's an Isola di Capri's typical sweet...there's no need to tell the reason why I like it!

om nom nom

after reading this i'm so hungry right now :aah:

Thank you! :biggrin2: thank you thank you :bow:

BTW: I also speak spanish, do you? what language do you speak? : )

Here I am! :bye:

Train travel's a great idea, and the best way if you're thinking of going to visit southern France/Switzerland/Southern Germany as the flights are much more expensive. Train travel in Italy's cheaper than a lot of western European countries (a LOT more than my native UK), but the new high-speed trains (the ones that connect Rome to Milan for example, as well as other cities in the country) are expensive. Do you have any ideas about where you'd like to go?

wait, I go to bring Nerys here :aah:

my fav dish? I have traditional tastes, I like spaghetti, tomato, basil and parmigiano cheese, because it's simple, easy to cook and very tasty;

my fav sweet is a wonderful chocolate cake called "Caprese", it's an Isola di Capri's typical sweet...there's no need to tell the reason why I like it!

om nom nom

Makes my mouth water :drool:

Shoo, i was wrong it's 2:30 AM :teehee: I'm going to sleep now, Goodnight :huglove:

I'll :bonk: Nerys :aah:

never tried orecchiette?

orecchiette (= little ears) is a typical apulian dish, seasoned with meat sauce or turnip greens

orecchiette_ragu.jpg

3288357220_47ee49a433.jpg

Why do I need to be :bonk:?? :blink:

And you're making me hungry :aah:

Here I am! :bye:

Train travel's a great idea, and the best way if you're thinking of going to visit southern France/Switzerland/Southern Germany as the flights are much more expensive. Train travel in Italy's cheaper than a lot of western European countries (a LOT more than my native UK), but the new high-speed trains (the ones that connect Rome to Milan for example, as well as other cities in the country) are expensive. Do you have any ideas about where you'd like to go?

Thank you so much for the help, :wink2::biggrin2:

we're thinking on going to italy then take a rail to Zurich then take a rail to Paris then Madrid : )

I'm looking for tickets in rail europe but is so hard, because It's asking me the station's name and I have no idea :blink:

PS: do you know how much does an average rail ticket costs?

Thank you so much for the help, :wink2::biggrin2:

we're thinking on going to italy then take a rail to Zurich then take a rail to Paris then Madrid : )

I'm looking for tickets in rail europe but is so hard, because It's asking me the station's name and I have no idea :blink:

PS: do you know how much does an average rail ticket costs?

I've done Milan-Zurich on the train (to see M in August 2010 :roftl:), if you buy tickets enough in advance you can get them for 19 euro one-way. The main station in Zurich's the Hauptbahnhof (it literally translates as main station, useful tip for travelling in German speaking areas :wink2:).

The price in Italy depends on the type of train, the new high speed ones are the Frecciarossa and are expensive. A one-way ticket from Milan-Rome will cost you 91 euro at full price, or if you buy in advance you can get ones for 49 euro. The cheapest trains are the regionale/interregionale, they're the slower trains that cover short/medium distances. For the journey of Milan-Venice, a 3 hour 40 minute journey, a one-way ticket's 17 euro. There are also Intercity and Eurostar trains, sort of inbetween the cheapest and most expensive, and they also do international journeys. The train to Zurich's an Intercity for example.

Ciaooo! Ma siamo nel thread italiano?? :naughty:

Hello Jaya and Maria! :bye:

You're most welcome here, just come and join us whenever you wish :original:

MrsBrightside tells me you guys have an awesome holiday tomorrow!

Hellooo Jaya!:biggrin2:

Happy MFC's birthday everyone!

Ciao Marina, as you see things are alive here! :biggrin2:

new honorary italian mfcers!

#goal4000

:thumb_yello:

:huglove: Whatchya doin'?

Any special plans for tomorrow? :yay:

total relax!:biggrin2:

I'll do absolutely nothing, and it's wonderful! just bringing my dog to take a walk and have fun doing simple things like watching films, TV and drink...not too much, I promise!:teehee:

oh, and chatting, obviously!:blush-anim-cl:

Awesome! Aw, what kind of a dog do you own? :wub2:

Haha, it's drinking time! Order me a diet coke and a pizza please :drunk_sing:

MrsBrightside tells me you guys have an awesome holiday tomorrow!

tomorrow it's Epiphany, La Befana, the last day of Christmas holidays :original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Befana

Hellooo Jaya!:biggrin2:

Happy MFC's birthday everyone!

Ciao Marina, as you see things are alive here! :biggrin2:

new honorary italian mfcers!

#goal4000

:thumb_yello:

:bye:

si lavora eh qui? :naughty:

Edited by mari62

I've done Milan-Zurich on the train (to see M in August 2010 :roftl:), if you buy tickets enough in advance you can get them for 19 euro one-way. The main station in Zurich's the Hauptbahnhof (it literally translates as main station, useful tip for travelling in German speaking areas :wink2:).

The price in Italy depends on the type of train, the new high speed ones are the Frecciarossa and are expensive. A one-way ticket from Milan-Rome will cost you 91 euro at full price, or if you buy in advance you can get ones for 49 euro. The cheapest trains are the regionale/interregionale, they're the slower trains that cover short/medium distances. For the journey of Milan-Venice, a 3 hour 40 minute journey, a one-way ticket's 17 euro. There are also Intercity and Eurostar trains, sort of inbetween the cheapest and most expensive, and they also do international journeys. The train to Zurich's an Intercity for example.

Thank you Nezza,

I will investigate more about this train travels and where to stay, After asking you guys I felt like completely lost on this travel :biggrin2:

Thank you :biggrin2: