Dutch Radio2 Strepen van Spits 22-09-2012

AnnaMariaPetra

Frits Spits is a highly valued dutch radiopresentor. He has a show called 'De Strepen van Spits' in which he gives his opinion about new albums. Every song he thinks is going to be a hitsong gets a stripe.

I just noticed he did TOOL last week:doh: The Origin of Love gets no less than 8 (of the 13!) stripes! Which is really good:thumb_yello:

It is in dutch ofcourse but here's the link: http://destrepenvanspits.kro.nl/seizoenen/2012/afleveringen/22-09-2012

Frits plays I Only Love You When I'm Drunk in the second hour at about 19 mins, but only after he tells it is a great album.

translation:

The english tv-presentor Jools Holland has got a 'nose' for good music. A few years ago there was a shy young man in his show. He sat behind the piano and from the moment he started to play and sing he developed into a new Freddie Mercury; his looks, his mimics but especially his voice reminded to the former singer of Queen. That young man was Mika, and from that moment on it went uphill fast: he sold 6 million copies of his debut album. His new record is called The Origin of Love and Mika himself says this one is a bit less complicated and less layerd then his former 2 two albums.

He cooperated with a whole lot of producers and though almost all these people are active in the dance this is certainly not only a dance record. Jools Holland may have a good nose for good music, Mika has a good nose for hits: his new album is full of hits! catchy melodies, happy with hints to all kind of bands and artists. Try to recognize some of them in this Love You when I'm Drunk. It is one of the 8 stripes on thirteen songs! This is the new Mika!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frits Spits is a highly valued dutch radiopresentor. He has a show called 'De Strepen van Spits' in which he gives his opinion about new albums. Every song he thinks is going to be a hitsong gets a stripe.

I just noticed he did TOOL last week:doh: The Origin of Love gets no less than 8 (of the 13!) stripes! Which is really good:thumb_yello:

It is in dutch ofcourse but here's the link: http://destrepenvanspits.kro.nl/seizoenen/2012/afleveringen/22-09-2012

Frits plays I Only Love You When I'm Drunk in the second hour at about 19 mins, but only after he tells it is a great album.

translation:

The english tv-presentor Jools Holland has got a 'nose' for good music. A few years ago there was a shy young man in his show. He sat behind the piano and from the moment he started to play and sing he developed into a new Freddie Mercury; his looks, his mimics but especially his voice reminded to the former singer of Queen. That young man was Mika, and from that moment on it went uphill fast: he sold 6 million copies of his debut album. His new record is called The Origin of Love and Mika himself says this one is a bit less complicated and less layerd then his former 2 two albums.

He cooperated with a whole lot of producers and though almost all these people are active in the dance this is certainly not only a dance record. Jools Holland may have a good nose for good music, Mika has a good nose for hits: his new album is full of hits! catchy melodies, happy with hints to all kind of bands and artists. Try to recognize some of them in this Love You when I'm Drunk. It is one of the 8 stripes on thirteen songs! This is the new Mika!

Jools Holland is back on TV with his new series. I'm hoping Mika will be on it again, as it's really popular, and could help promote the album in the UK.

Mika was on the show in 2007 (also New Years Eve 2007) then again in 2009 with songs from TBWKTM, so I hope he's on it this time. If not, I'll be very disappointed.