Is "Elle Me Dit" a classic of the decade?

EMD is still in the top 100 french songs sold in Canada, 3 years after it has been out...

These words from Catherine, in the "Boum Boum Boum" topic, brought the question to my mind - is "Elle Me Dit" a classic of the decade in the francophone world?

As fans, we tend to look at everything in a brighter way, unconciously, leading us to regard our idol's work as masterpieces in any way (sorry if we have a wonderful taste but most of MIKA's is!), therefore we are unable to apprehend the general view on it.

That said, no doubt there are particular pieces of his catalogue that become personal classics due to the memories attached to it or simply becayse of taste. It is cool to know, tho, that a song from a favourite artist of ours is remembered by everyone.

As part of the general public, I had already heard of "Grace Kelly" as a remarkable song from 2007, given its refreshing effect on radio and for symbolising a big deal (an artist dealing with the company's restrictions). Also, it was damn popular.

Now "Elle Me Dit" - I am not part of the french-speaking music market, but numbers say (and numbers don't lie) it was not only successful at its time, but keeps charting in medium positions and, say the fans, receives a lot of airplay.

So you all who are part of the francophone sphere - is "Elle Me Dit" a classic of the decade in your countries?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic