Amanda ####ing Palmer

midnightthemagnificent

I'm a supporter of Amanda F###ing Palmer on Patreon, and us Patreons had actually created a tight knit and supportive Facebook group, nor unlike what y'all have running here.

Huge fan of Neil Gaiman(which was how I first came to hug and know of AFP's music!).

Oh, and she has a wonderful new book, The Art Of Asking, out on paperback recently too. But honestly, I kinda feel that the best way to "read" The Art Of Asking is via the audiobook, fully narrated, and sometimes sung by her personally. (It's also up for a Grammy nom, which is nice.)

Anyone else into AFP?

Edited by midnightthemagnificent

I watched her Ted video. Very impressive :) haven't tried her music yet :D

Hi Minh!

Yes, her TED talk is very popular. AFP does release most of her songs and other creations freely on the net, as crowdfunded by her Patreons, so if you want a jumping point, there's always her Youtube/Vidmeo or Bandcamp page. (Difference is that YT is more SWF and Vimeo is more NSFW.) Just put $0 for the Bandcamp downloads. No need to feel guilty about it!

I'm a supporter of Amanda F###ing Palmer on Patreon, and us Patreons had actually created a tight knit and supportive Facebook group, nor unlike what y'all have running here.

Huge fan of Neil Gaiman(which was how I first came to hug and know of AFP's music!).

Oh, and she has a wonderful new book, The Art Of Asking, out on paperback recently too. But honestly, I kinda feel that the best way to "read" The Art Of Asking is via the audiobook, fully narrated, and sometimes sung by her personally. (It's also up for a Grammy nom, which is nice.)

Anyone else into AFP?

She is such a cool chick & an amazing performer.  I keep meaning to read her book.

i especially love The Dresden Dolls. I saw them live in about 2006 or 2007.  It was the best non-Mika concert i think i've ever been to.

Also, as if people needed more reasons to like her.....

At the NRJ Awards in 2010 Amanda tweeted "Mika just hit stage. i thought he was russian, and blond? I was so wrong. he's really good. he's the first thing I've liked".

Then to Neil Gaiman (her husband) she tweeted "if you happen to have @mikasound's cell, pls text & tell him to bring two double jack & cokes to seats L4 & L6. we're aching", and Neil tweeted "if you can, say hi to @Mikasounds for me. (And Cherisse, his drummer, who is lovely.)"

Also, on a few occasions Mika mentioned liking The Dresden Dolls.

:dance_man:
Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Also, as if people needed more reasons to like her.....

At the NRJ Awards in 2010 Amanda tweeted "Mika just hit stage. i thought he was russian, and blond? I was so wrong. he's really good. he's the first thing I've liked".

Then to Neil Gaiman (her husband) she tweeted "if you happen to have @mikasound's cell, pls text & tell him to bring two double jack & cokes to seats L4 & L6. we're aching", and Neil tweeted "if you can, say hi to @Mikasounds for me. (And Cherisse, his drummer, who is lovely.)"

Also, on a few occasions Mika mentioned liking The Dresden Dolls.

:dance_man:

That's pretty cool. I had absolutely no idea Mika liked AFP too.I actually first discovered AFP in 2009 when Neil Gaiman visited Singapore for the Singapore Writers Festival, and AFP was just handing out free hugs and signatures to people in the line. I wasn't sure who she was yet, but hey FREE HUGS. Count me IN!

I only really started supporting her after her wildly successful TED Talk, and picked up her book, The Art Of Asking after that. Read the ebook once, and listened to the audiobook again, because it's so much more powerful and emotional hearing her! Anyway, I was sold, so I'm a supporter of her Patreon. Love the interactions we get up to in that community, and all the things. Given the artist that brought all of us together, we keep it quite NSFW over there, which is cool...

And I can totally keep it SFW in this Mika-community, so don't worry!

She is such a cool chick & an amazing performer.  I keep meaning to read her book.

i especially love The Dresden Dolls. I saw them live in about 2006 or 2007.  It was the best non-Mika concert i think i've ever been to.

Oh man. I've never seen a Dolls concert live. Then again, I haven't seen Mika live either.

The only band whose concert I've paid money for, is Tenacious D. Fun times.

And yes, I really wish I could attend more, but as with so many things I want to do... I lack money. Money money money... Haha. Maybe someday!

• 2 weeks later...