MIKA Confirms Spirit Date

Sunny Monkey

Take a light sprinkle of Freddie Mercury. Add a dash of Beck. Mix with a drop of Prince, a pinch of Bolan, stir well eh voila! Ladies and Gentlemen, please meet Mika. His debut single Grace Kelly will be released on Jan 26th and is already a firm favourite on radio request lists across the country! He is currently putting the finishing touches to his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion, which will be out in early March.

22 year old virtuoso Mika (pronounced 'Meeka') is the sort of goose-bump-brilliant star that British pop is in desperate need of right now. A songwriter, performer, producer and orchestrator, his tunes combine a heady euphoric rush with darker unexpected elements: daytime melodramas and night-time tales of love, loss, abandonment, hope and happiness.

Mika has a stunning, you-wouldn't-believe-it life story (born in Beirut, grew up in the war, a father held hostage in an embassy in Kuwait, self-imposed exile in Paris before settling in London) and you have the first chapter in a story that is destined to keep us enthralled for the foreseeable future.

Debonair, with a touch of degenerate dandy, Mika works the finest Amadeus haircut this side of the 18th Century Salzburg. His single also comes with some brilliant artwork created by Mika himself which can be seen in more detail on his website.

Speaking of his up-coming concerts Mika says: "I can't wait to get playing live. It's where it all comes together for me. You change things, because you have to, it's a different dynamic. I'm looking forward to that. I often get stressed when recording, as it's so full of decision making. You're constantly editing and deciding what should/can stay on the song for ever. I'm looking forward to undoing that in my live sets, and going places where I wouldn't necessarily go on the record!"

Tickets are 25.70 including booking fee and are available for purchase through the following options:

In person at Spirit box office or Ticketmaster venues nationwide

Online: http://www.ticketmaster.ie

By phone 0818 719 300

From MCD.ie

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my tickets the other day!! Should be a brilliant night! I've never been to Spirit before as I'm from Belfast. Tell me, is it a club or a gig venue hall? Hopefully its pretty small! Better that way lol!

John :)