The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, so I am back from a wonderful weekend in Montreal and have aquired a few things....

1) lots of pics of the beautiful city and the great concert!!

2) blisters on my feet and legs that don't want to walk anymore

3) a desperate desire to learn French (cuz I've always wanted to learn)

4) 2 new amazing friends!!!!!!

I will tell my story tomorrow as I am extremely exhausted and must get to bed.

I will say one thing though......I have even more respect for Mika now!!!! I love to fly, but dammit, sitting that long, not being able to sleep on the plane and dealing with time changes is brutal!!!! No wonder the poor boy is exhausted!! I did it for the weekend.....with only a 2 hour time difference.......can you imagine a whole year of that?!?!?!?!:shocked:

Alright, so I'm rested (kind of) and ready to tell all about the weekend!!!

My flight time was very dumb but it was the only time I could get to Montreal in the morning. You see, the original plan was to get to Montreal then get to the concert site as soon as possible so that we could ensure we were front row for Mika. That is why I chose to fly out at 2:00 in the morning!!!

I did not sleep on the plane, unfortunately, but did manage to get 15 minutes of sleep in the Toronto airport....there floors are suprisingly comfortable when you are completely exhausted!!!:roftl:

I got to Montreal and and Vero and Danie picked me up, we drove to Vero's to drop my stuff off, watch Mika on GMA :blush-anim-cl: and then went for lunch where we also enjoyed some Mojitos :bleh: Then it was off for a quick tour of Vero's area of Montreal. Beautiful city!!! Then back to Vero's to get ready and off to Danie's to pick up her boyfriend and the car to go for dinner before the show.

The show was AMAZING!!! We missed the first act and part of the second one but Gregory Charles was unbelievable!!! He's no Mika of course:wink2: but I will definately go to any show he performs at!! He knows every song!!! He would sing part of one song, throw a little bit of another song in there, go back to the first and then sing something else, all without his band stopping!!!

Then DJ Champion came out........:punk:

This guy is.....I can't even describe it!!! The only thing I can say is that I am so mad I missed him when he was in Saskatoon 3 weeks ago!!! Incredible show!! I have to get his CD...TODAY!!! He is a genius!!!

The show ended and we went home where I proceded to fall on Vero's couch and pass out immediately......exhausted from no sleep and the excitement from the concert...

day 2 in the next post

So, day 2.....

Had a wonderful sleep!!!! (wonder why) We did a tour of Old Montreal and downtown Montreal. I loved Old Montreal!! The buildings, the stone streets, the history.....I honestly felt like I was in another country!!! It reminded me so much of Europe. I have so many amazing pictures. The weather was beautiful (maybe a little hot for walking around) but great nonetheless. We walked sooooooooooo much but that is really the only way you should tour a city!!! You miss so much while driving.

Vero took me and Danie to 3 very special spots.....Club Soda, where Mika performed while in Montreal, where she showed us the wall he used to sign autographs on:roftl: . Next was the HMV where he bought his own CD and the girl in the store didn't recognize him:thumbdown: and the Eaton Centre where Mika shopped and ate:biggrin2:

We had dinner at a great restaurant, Jardin Nelson. Have the crepes, they're great:roftl: I had two...who knew dessert would also be a crepe? We had some of our funniest conversations there.....we talked about Old MacDonald and his farm of all things.....funnier if were there actually. We laughed about the differences between French and English sayings and I learned a few new French words. For instance, the food at Jardin Nelson was miam!!!!

The back to Vero's to get ready for a night of clubbing!!! I love to dance and it was great to be with people who hate to leave the dance floor as much as I do. After we were completely exhausted and tired of the club being too hot, we went back to Vero's to watch Mika videos on Youtube. What a perfect way to end the night!!!:mf_lustslow:

Day 3....

Much less jam packed as the first two days as it was the day I had to fly home:crybaby:

We went to a beautiful church and walked up what seemed like a million stairs!!! :naughty: I love the inside of churches!!! I am still amazed at how beautiful they make them and how everything is so detailed!!! The windows, the columns, the statues.....amazing!!! Lots of pics of that as well!!

Saw the beautiful view of Montreal from there. Then it was time to get to the airport where after I checked in and we finally figured out to work the self check in and get my boarding passes and luggage tag (who knew it would take 3 intelligent women to do this?) we had lunch, with another drink to toast our weekend!!

Then sadly, it was 3:15 and I had to get ready to get on the plane:thumbdown: I was so sad to be leaving!! Montreal is a beautiful city and I definately will go back!!! I also would like to tell anyone who has never been there to go!!!

So that was the weekend....I may have forgotten something but those were the highlights!!! It went by so fast!!! Already thinking about saving money so I can make trip out there the next time Mika performs there....whenever that may be!!! He'll never come here:sneaky2: I live in the middle of the country and most artist just fly right over us......

Anyway, I should go. I must get ready for my day and drive to my parents so that I can go to Edmonton for a couple of days....who knew I would be touring the country this week?:bleh: Coming soon to a city near you........:roftl:

I knew youi would love Montreal! :) I'm so glad you had fun at the concert even if Mika was not there. I checked the weather for that day and it seemed the perfect temperature for an outside concert.

I also hope you go back to Montreal for the Next Mika concert. I look forward to meeting lots of Mika fans. I know my frieds don't listen to me anymore when I try to talk about Mika.:roftl:

:lmao: Becks, I laughed so much reading your report! But we really had a great w-e and laughed a lot and talked about Mika all the time without getting on each other's nerve!

I recommend everyone talking live with an other MFCer, nobody will understand you better!

I did not sleep on the plane, unfortunately, but did manage to get 15 minutes of sleep in the Toronto airport....there floors are suprisingly comfortable when you are completely exhausted!!!:roftl:

LOL! You forgot THE most important thing: it was CARPETED :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

If any other MFCer wants to visit Montreal: she's welcomed at my place!

Vero, Dani, Becks - I'm happy that you had a great time together. Vero and Dani, you made Becks trip so much more real than any Popstar ever could.

I know what you mean when you say there's nothing like talking face-to-face with other MIKA fans! I have only met Christine - we've met up at least 4 times now I think. I'm meeting Robertina next week (from Italy) and then carrinevie in October from the UK!

It's too bad I didn't get to meet you and other MFCers in Quebec :thumbdown:

LOL! You forgot THE most important thing: it was CARPETED :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Oh yeah!!! That's important. :thumb_yello: If it hadn't been carpeted' date=' I probably wouldn't have slept on the floor. :roftl: I probably would've gone to another gate and slept where the benches didn't have arms!!!!

The things you do when you are completely exhausted......:sleep_1:

Just another one of my adventures......:wink2:[/color']

Vero, Dani, Becks - I'm happy that you had a great time together. Vero and Dani, you made Becks trip so much more real than any Popstar ever could.

I know what you mean when you say there's nothing like talking face-to-face with other MIKA fans! I have only met Christine - we've met up at least 4 times now I think. I'm meeting Robertina next week (from Italy) and then carrinevie in October from the UK!

Oh Suzy, don't you worry!! There will be a meeting of fellow MFCers someday!!! I have already decided that since I live in the middle of nowhere when it comes to people booking shows, I will just have to fly out east. What else is a credit card for if not to fly half way across the country to see a show that lasts 1 and a half hours?:roftl:

and hey, you never know......Maybe Mika can even make it to the next MFC meeting:roll1: :lmao:

Lika a town hall meeting:)

Featuring president and treasurer..:)

etc...ohhhhhhhhh how exciting......

or probably a BIG party

I actually had a dream one night that EVERYONE from the MFC got together for one big party!!! Mika couldn't make it but left us a video message to watch!!!! It was sooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

It had a very sad ending which I won't repeat here. It is just too much for one person to take in. Let's just say that Mika should NEVER ski.....:mf_rosetinted:

We'll find an other occasion to meet... a Mika gig maybe? *fingers crossed* but Mika or no Mika, it's always nice to meet MFCers!

becks I'm glad you had so much fun! it's always so great to meet other mika fans!!

and... we wanna see pics :biggrin2:

My pics will be on my Myspace for now.....there are over 70, can't post them all here!!!:roftl:

Are there many other British Columbians on this thread by chance?

I befriended a Vancouver MIKA fan who just happens to know my Boss's son!

ack! so that's another one of the BC MIKA fans!

and my piano teacher, so that makes two more!

Suzanne:punk:

Sorry, the only other BC fan I know is calicojasmine!!!!:thumb_yello:

Kates is from BC!!!

:thumb_yello::biggrin2::wink2: