The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Old Montreal is the place to visit!

If they come before Halloween, you can also go to the Botanical Garden there's an exposition of pumpkin and an exposition of Chinese lanterns. You go when it's dark it's really beautiful. Botanical garden is at métro Pie IX next to the Olympic Stadium.

There's also the St. Joseph Oratory at métro Côte-des-neiges or Snowdon.

If you have more questions, just PM me!

oooh, old montreal is really lovely...so is old quebec...i really want to go back soon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Hello Canadians. I need some help. I recently moved to Montreal and I really don`t know much in this beautiful city, I know there`s people in this thread that live and that have visited Montreal. Some friends from Ottawa may come visit me next month and I would like to take them to see the city so that we can all visit some great Montreal landmarks.It really is a shame that I don't know where to go!

Any suggestions of great places of Montreal to check out on a weekend? Hopefully something not too expensive and that can be visited by bus or metro.

What are your favourite Montreal places?

Posterofagirl, like Cassiopée said, Old Montreal is one of the most beautiful place in the city. While you are there, you could also go visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral too. It's one of the most beautiful church in Montreal. If you go in Old Montreal by night, I suggest you to go partying at "Les 2 pierrots" on St-Paul street. They have live musicians every weekend and they are singing a lot of different styles : music from Quebec and old success too... plus, they sometimes accept suggestions from the crowd, but not all the time though. A good mix between English and French songs :thumb_yello: FYI, last time I've been there, the cover charge was 6$. It's not that much if you consider cover charges can be up to 10 or 15$ downtown.

One of my favorite place is the Mont-Royal mountain. Kinda country side in the city hehehe You have a beautiful view of the city up there and it's easy to access by bus. At the Mont-Royal metro station, you take the bus number 11 to go there.

It's all I can think about for the moment, but if you want more informations you can come back here to ask :wink2:

If they come before Halloween, you can also go to the Botanical Garden there's an exposition of pumpkin and an exposition of Chinese lanterns. You go when it's dark it's really beautiful. Botanical garden is at métro Pie IX next to the Olympic Stadium.

i live in montreal and hardly leave the west island. :thumbdown:

but this week im going on a field trip and we're going to the chateau ramezay annnddddd yeah. then we're going to eat lunch in old montreal.

Posterofagirl, like Cassiopée said, Old Montreal is one of the most beautiful place in the city. While you are there, you could also go visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral too. It's one of the most beautiful church in Montreal. If you go in Old Montreal by night, I suggest you to go partying at "Les 2 pierrots" on St-Paul street. They have live musicians every weekend and they are singing a lot of different styles : music from Quebec and old success too... plus, they sometimes accept suggestions from the crowd, but not all the time though. A good mix between English and French songs :thumb_yello: FYI, last time I've been there, the cover charge was 6$. It's not that much if you consider cover charges can be up to 10 or 15$ downtown.

One of my favorite place is the Mont-Royal mountain. Kinda country side in the city hehehe You have a beautiful view of the city up there and it's easy to access by bus. At the Mont-Royal metro station, you take the bus number 11 to go there.

It's all I can think about for the moment, but if you want more informations you can come back here to ask :wink2:

THANK YOU EVERYONE SOOOO MUCH! This gives me good ideas! I hope my friends come soon so that I can go soon!

You are very very nice!

THANK YOU EVERYONE SOOOO MUCH! This gives me good ideas! I hope my friends come soon so that I can go soon!

You are very very nice!

I sooooooooooo sooooooooo want to go to Quebec sometime and I will!

meet you all you wonderful Canadian friends!

love Suzanne

cool, it's cause we're so massive :biggrin2:

OMG, suzanne do you like Billy Joel?? cause he's coming to vancouver on the 30th october!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I do actually ! he is great!

hey I need to go! watching X-files tonight!

sees you later!

Suzanne

Hey! Everyone else probably knows this already, but the Canadian dollar has passed the American one in value! Woot for Canada!!

I know! I hope its not a bad thing!

suz

YAY! Maybe I should plan a weekend in Boston or smth! To bad Mika is not doing an american tour right now :thumbdown:

In general I'm not sure it's a good thing...

still doing ok according to much more music!

1 1 Nelly Furtado Do It

3 2 Amy Winehouse Rehab

4 3 Kalan Porter Down In Heaven

6 4 Maroon 5 Wake Up Call

9 5 Nickelback Rockstar

7 6 Mika Relax, Take It Easy

8 7 Lily Allen LDN

11 8 James Blunt 1973

12 9 Colbie Caillat Bubbly

2 10 Bedouin Soundclash Walls Fall Down

14 11 Justin Nozuka Mr. Therapy Man

15 12 Bruce Springsteen Radio Nowhere

5 13 George Last Time

17 14 Jully Black Seven Day Fool

19 15 Santana f. Chad Kroger Into The Night

18 16 Enrique Iglesias Somebody's Me

0 17 Matchbox Twenty How Far We’ve Come

20 18 Bon Jovi Lost Highway

10 19 Joss Stone f. Common Tell Me What We're gonna Do Now

0 20 Backstreet Boy

and For Victoria, BC, on KOOL 107.3 in my town! MIKA is in the top 20 on the RADIO ! woow ! in my city! shall email them and dedicate the songs to all you guys! now of course 99% of you are not in Victoria..however, I feel I need to show you guys how much I care!

(AS of October 1st!)

#

Artist Name

Song Name

Timbaland

The Way I Are

Plain White T's

Hey There Delilah

Fergie

Big Girls Don't Cry

Justin Timberlake

Lovestoned

Elliott Yamin

Wait For You

Rihanna

Shut Up and Drive

Maroon 5

Wake Up Call

Lifehouse

First Time

Avril Lavigne

When You're Gone

Daughtry

Over You

Nelly Furtado

Do It

Gwen Stefani

4 in the Morning

Mika

Relax (Take It Easy)

Matchbox Twenty

How Far We've Come

Shiloh

All I Want

Bedouin Soundclash

Walls Fall Down

Boys Like Girls

The Great Escape

Sean Kingston

Beautiful Girls

State of Shock

Money Honey

Maroon 5

Makes Me Wonder

Sean Kingston

Me Love

and For Victoria, BC, on KOOL 107.3 in my town! MIKA is in the top 20 on the RADIO ! woow ! in my city! shall email them and dedicate the songs to all you guys! now of course 99% of you are not in Victoria..however, I feel I need to show you guys how much I care!

:woot_jump: YAY! Canada did finally understand!

Hmm the Canadian thread.

I should post here more often!

:biggrin2:

Yeah please do !

I'm Canadian! Can I join? I love my country!

Of course !!! Added you to the main post... WELCOME :arf2:

I do agree !!! Good suggestions !

why oh why did i not discover this thread before???

can I join the list? pretty please? :D

Added you to the main post as well... WELCOME ! :arf2:

oooh, old montreal is really lovely...so is old quebec...i really want to go back soon

Very good suggestions as well ! And may I had that the Parc Lafontaine is very beautiful as well !

Hey! Everyone else probably knows this already, but the Canadian dollar has passed the American one in value! Woot for Canada!!

Time to go shopping on the other side of the border !!! Woot !! Thing is it's not really a good thing...