The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's also that general missing Mika malaise that everyone seems to go through post-concert. I found some footage of Happy Ending where I got a split second of eye contact from him (right about 2:12), but it's just kind of heartbreaking rather than thrilling.

yes... Mika withdrawal is hard....

Morning all!! I woke up about an hour ago and thought I would share before I forgot.

I know I keep sharing my lame Mika reports but I just get so excited when people recognize that Mika is amazing!!

So this morning I was just finishing work and ran into a friend as she was on her way to the lab and she asked me if Grace Kelly was an old Queen song or if Mika had written it. I told her that it was a Mika original.

She told me that a couple of the lab techs she was working with were listening to the radio and commented on how they couldn't believe they were playing so much Queen!! They wondered where they had found Grace Kelly cuz they didn't remember it Later Barb told them that she was pretty sure it was Mika, not Queen!! I was soooo proud of her for knowing!! It appears that I have talked about him enough that she is becoming an expert!

lollll !

Of course!! I wouldn't miss it!! I've been planning this trip since I got back from Montreal in August!!

LLLLOLLLL !!!

hello there! I'm an Italian Mikafan wishing to move to Canada. I'm seriously thinking about getting the certification to teach French there and I'm interested in the Greater Toronto Area (mainly Toronto and Mississauga).

Since we're a huge family at MFC.com, I would like to hear your opinion about this queer idea of mine!

Well, if Canada loves Mika, it must be a wonderful place to move to :biggrin2:

Thanks a lot, it would be great if you could give me some information about the place, because I don't actually know anybody there. For example, can you survive without a car???!!??? It may sound stupid but the small things count as much as the big ones!

:thumb_yello:

bye

laura

Canada is a wonderful place indeed... I just hope you're not afraid of snow ! I'm not from Toronto so I can't really help you but I think that, like in Montréal, you can survive without a car....

Calgary was Chinookin' today. I think the day time high was actually above freezing.

I <heart> our Chinooks.

what's Chinooks ???

hello mes amis canadians

does anyone know if there is an opening act for mika in montreal?

does anyone know who?:blink:

I'm pretty sure there will be an opening act... I mean it's the Bell Center, they can't fill it just for a little more then an hour long show...

WE'VE GOT OUR TICKETS!

They're not very good though...:tears: the frigging server froze on us! All because we refreshed the page! And by the time it had unstuck all the good ones had gone...ARGH! *hits things*

aaaawwww.... but at least you got your tix !

funny thing happened to me last thursday at work :roftl:

where i work, there is 3 companies but 1 receptionnist.

when she goes on a coffee break, she transfers the calls to me. (the joys of being bilingual & having a phone voice!)

so the phone rang, and it was a customer from florida wanting to

talk to a sales rep. i had to take a message. soooooo he gives me his

name and rest of info... he tells me his name is Bill Brown. soo... i kinda went silent on him. and he then said to me...

oh dear... u know that song too huh? i said yes.

he said it caused him a bit of a problem. his business cards used to read Billy Brown, he had them reprinted with William Brown, but every one calls him Billy.

he thought that calling to Canada he could use Bill as his name without anyone knowing about it! he says he won't take that change anymore, even when he is calling out of the country hehehe.. thought it was funny!

(he didn't think it was :roftl: :roftl: )

lolololllololll !!!! poor guy !!!!

i know lol it's crazy out there!!! and it is still coming down. the amazing thing is, much of that came down in 1 day!!!

we had to shovel about 5 or 6 times so far, just so we can keep up with mother nature!!

hope mika doesn't see this and cancel shows in winter wonderland !! haha

when he came to Montréal in march he was supposed to arrive on friday night but his flight was delayed cause of a huuuuuge snowstorm... he wasn't at La Fureur because of that...

I've been good! Just insanely busy !!! I think after the holidays it's gonna calm down a bit... you ?

I hate being busy, no time for the MFC :bleh: Christmas really takes up alot of time doesn't it?

I've been sort of busy too, I've been writing a novel, christmas stuff and school:thumbdown: . :thumb_yello:

Hi guyses!

I hate being busy, no time for the MFC :bleh: Christmas really takes up alot of time doesn't it?

I've been sort of busy too, I've been writing a novel, christmas stuff and school:thumbdown: . :thumb_yello:

I just had a great idea for a novel a few minutes ago :bleh: I have to develop it a bit more before I start writing though.

God, I'm such a procrastinating pig. I've only got one present done. And it isn't even done. I should be doing them right this minute butttttt...I'm not.

Hi guyses!

I just had a great idea for a novel a few minutes ago :bleh: I have to develop it a bit more before I start writing though.

God, I'm such a procrastinating pig. I've only got one present done. And it isn't even done. I should be doing them right this minute butttttt...I'm not.

I feel you... Queen of Procrastination here !!!

wow you're writing a novel ! that's awesome ! :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Hi guyses!

I get ideas alllll the time, I write them down in a notebook:biggrin2:

Everyone says to plan out what you're writing before you write it, but I honestly can't do that.. I write the plot as I go :naughty:

I hate wrapping presents :thumbdown:

:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I get ideas alllll the time, I write them down in a notebook:biggrin2:

Everyone says to plan out what you're writing before you write it, but I honestly can't do that.. I write the plot as I go :naughty:

I hate wrapping presents :thumbdown:

Oh I think wrapping presents is FUN !!! I just don't know WHEN I'll have the time to do it... :s

I think about stuff like that all the time.

The way I see it, it's like...she loves you, but you might not love her back, so to spare her the pain of pretending to love her, just give her a clean break, you know?

Wow, quite deep if you think about it. Lol.

That's sort of what I thought too.

It is pretty deep, alot of the lyrics are when you actually think about them.

I like thinking. :biggrin2:

That's sort of what I thought too.

It is pretty deep, alot of the lyrics are when you actually think about them.

I like thinking. :biggrin2:

Me too. I like being the sort of person who thinks; it means I can have intelligent conversations with people. :roftl:

Like, I have actually had an intelligent conversation about poo.

Me too. I like being the sort of person who thinks; it means I can have intelligent conversations with people. :roftl:

Like, I have actually had an intelligent conversation about poo.

All my friends are annoyed how all I ever want to do is just be alone and think. :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Nice, wish I could have been part of that :naughty::thumb_yello:

I love thinking! I'm rarely bored because of it :biggrin2:

I love the feeling when you've been thinking about something really hard, like a math problem or something, and then you crack it...the satisfaction after working something out on your own logic or whatever is completely un...*forgets word she is looking for*

...re-doable? unrepeatable...un...well, you get my point.

For those who are interested I don't know when exactly (it's between December 23 and 30) but Musique Plus will broadcast the MTV EMA! We can see Mika in the advertising :biggrin2:

MUSIQUE PLUS!! OMG my class went on an exchange to Quebec for 2 weeks a couple years ago and we got to be the people cheering in the background at Musique Plus...so you guys might have seen me on TV once :naughty:

*sighs blissfully and reminisces*

I guess this is kind of random, haha, but what does this line in Lollipop mean?

"To much candy gonna rot your soul, if she loves you let her go"

Shouldn't you hold on to what you love? :blink:

I think about stuff like that all the time.

The way I see it, it's like...she loves you, but you might not love her back, so to spare her the pain of pretending to love her, just give her a clean break, you know?

Wow, quite deep if you think about it. Lol.

You guys...I don't think it's that deep ! lol !!! Lollipop is a song that tells you to stay away from sex...

For those who are interested I don't know when exactly (it's between December 23 and 30) but Musique Plus will broadcast the MTV EMA! We can see Mika in the advertising :biggrin2:

Cool !!! Thx for the info !