hello!!!

Hope you're all OK, there's quite along time I didn't come here....:blush-anim-cl:

Well I've never been a Tama fan & never had one... I don't think it would have survived with me:roftl::naughty:

The first time I played at The Sims I killed the dad...ermm...not really I killed him but ...I forgot him in the pool:bleh:

Btw, I remember some of you have started investigations into a crucial question...Any result??:cool:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I remember some of you have started investigations into a crucial question...Any result??:cool:

What kind of question,If I can ask u???:bleh:

And thanks for the 'welcome back',cubitus!!!:biggrin2:

What kind of question,If I can ask u???:bleh:

Of course you can:wink2:

we were wondering from which lebanese village, or from which part of Lebanon, Mika or his mum were from...:bleh:

he talked about Zahlé and south of Lebanon once...but no more hints since...:cool:

hello!!!

Hope you're all OK, there's quite along time I didn't come here....:blush-anim-cl:

Well I've never been a Tama fan & never had one... I don't think it would have survived with me:roftl::naughty:

The first time I played at The Sims I killed the dad...ermm...not really I killed him but ...I forgot him in the pool:bleh:

Hiii LebAngel !!!! well i was hoping to lebanon to make my investigations there :cool: but seing that i had to stay here :sneaky2: well anyway i couldn't find anything on the internet about Mika's origins in lebanon...but i found on a lebanese blog that mika was supposed to make a huge gig in the Baalbeck international festival only that festival was cancelled due to the recent events in leb...but i also read that Mika said that he was determined to make a gig in leb this summer....where ? i dunno ....i wonder also if this information is true or not...i asked the blogger where did he find this information...waiting for an answer...

Oh,my God...If he'll do a gig in Lebanon the next year(in summer)maybe I can be there...:blink: I dunno...'coz the last time I went in Lebanon I was a 10 year old girl...5 years...byee!!

Hiii everybody!!

Hiii LebAngel !!!! well i was hoping to lebanon to make my investigations there :cool: but seing that i had to stay here :sneaky2: well anyway i couldn't find anything on the internet about Mika's origins in lebanon...but i found on a lebanese blog that mika was supposed to make a huge gig in the Baalbeck international festival only that festival was cancelled due to the recent events in leb...but i also read that Mika said that he was determined to make a gig in leb this summer....where ? i dunno ....i wonder also if this information is true or not...i asked the blogger where did he find this information...waiting for an answer...

I didn't know for Baalbeck...I just knew for the cancellation....for this summer only Jbeil (Byblos) hasn't been cancelled...& to be honest i don't think things are going to be better till the end of this year unfortunetly...the situation there is a bit worried:thumbdown:

But I've discovered that his cousin is from beit Mukattaf (we should start somewhere:bleh:), I've asked my mum about it, but she didn't know from which part of Lebanon they could be ...

Oh,my God...If he'll do a gig in Lebanon the next year(in summer)maybe I can be there... I dunno...'coz the last time I went in Lebanon I was a 10 year old girl...5 years...byee!!

I hope he'd do a gig in Lebanon, after all Ricky Martin & 50 Cent did it last year so why not?????? (you can't imagine how much i was frusrated, I love them both:mf_lustslow: yeh I know each on e have his own style:roftl: )

I hope I could go there too, if it would be in august or september it would be GREAT!!!! (but not june not june not june):biggrin2:

Hiii everybody!!

I hope he'd do a gig in Lebanon, after all Ricky Martin & 50 Cent did it last year so why not?????? (you can't imagine how much i was frusrated, I love them both:mf_lustslow: yeh I know each on e have his own style:roftl: )

I hope I could go there too, if it would be in august or september it would be GREAT!!!! (but not june not june not june):biggrin2:

Well...yeah...me too...not June Mikaaa!!!

'coz probably I won't be there...school ends on June 9th here...and I really don't think that we will travel in June..it's MORE probably in July

or in august...oh...mika,mikaaaa...u're the BESSSSST ever!!:biggrin2:

I hope for ya,LebAngel and for me,too!!And...naturally for a Mika's gig in Lebanon!!!:bleh:

Thanks for the link, LebAngel. That's really sad, some of it. I'd never heard it before.

I'm going to GMA and I'm going to go as the Lebanese Lollipop Girl. I'll post pictures of me soon, but I'm going to hold up a sign, I think :"Happy Bday from Lebanese Lollipop Girl." I'm going to make it tomorrow. So look out, Youtube or TV or whatever. :naughty:

Thanks for the link, LebAngel. That's really sad, some of it. I'd never heard it before.

I'm going to GMA and I'm going to go as the Lebanese Lollipop Girl. I'll post pictures of me soon, but I'm going to hold up a sign, I think :"Happy Bday from Lebanese Lollipop Girl." I'm going to make it tomorrow. So look out, Youtube or TV or whatever. :naughty:

:yay:

Great Idea Kate!!!

I'm waiting for seeing your pics!!!haha Will you wearing folklorics clothes??

Hope that everything will work great for you!!!!

PS: If You'd meet him, would you please ask him from which part of Lebanon he is??:blush-anim-cl:

I've just found this:roftl:

Mika talking about Lebanon & Baalbeck on BBC Radio:thumb_yello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/outlook/news/story/2007/04/070420_mika_uk.shtml

Awww thanks for the link Joyce :wink2: you see i told you that he have ambitions to make a gig in baalbeck..but i don't think he'll do it this year...perhaps he'll make the gig next year if the situation there is better..

By the way have a nice gig Kate and please please please :blush-anim-cl: don't forget to tell him about our thread in MFC (well i think that he must have read all our posts :naughty: ) and also ask him where does he come from lebanon :biggrin2:

Awww thanks for the link Joyce :wink2: you see i told you that he have ambitions to make a gig in baalbeck..but i don't think he'll do it this year...perhaps he'll make the gig next year if the situation there is better..

How do you know my name???:blink:

How do you know my name???:blink:

I made a little bit of hocus pocus :naughty: seeing as i'm a huge fan of harry potter :naughty: nahh actualy i read it somewhere in a thread ...but would you mind me using your name ? :bleh:

I made a little bit of hocus pocus :naughty: seeing as i'm a huge fan of harry potter :naughty: nahh actualy i read it somewhere in a thread ...but would you mind me using your name ? :bleh:

Oh ok....no no there's no problem, of course you can!!!

I was simply surprised...je ne me rappelais pas de l'avoir posté ici...:bleh:

:yay:

Great Idea Kate!!!

I'm waiting for seeing your pics!!!haha Will you wearing folklorics clothes??

Hope that everything will work great for you!!!!

PS: If You'd meet him, would you please ask him from which part of Lebanon he is??:blush-anim-cl:

I will! I will! I'll tell him all about us, as long as I can get the words out of my mouth. I might not be able to speak!

You know, I didn't actually make the outfit itself look Lebanese, but I decided to go without the blonde wig. I think my face and my hair looks Lebanese itself (Well, half, anyway), but now that you mention it, maybe I'll try to find some Lebanese-esque stuff. I have to get ribbons for my hair tomorrow, maybe I'll try to paint a design on them or something, or add something to my skirt. I've been wanting to renovate a bit! I was searching for ideas to inspire me, and I came across this site. It's not all Lebanese, but some of it is and these things are goooorgeous: http://www.aliakbar-maktabi-museum.com/work/categ.php?id_col=5

Mar7aba!

I've been up for 2 daysss!! NOT GOOD! I'm so sleepy, yet everytime I go to bed, I stare at the ceiling :sad:

Just heard the BBC interview..I'd do anything to hear Mika speak Arabic, and akeed to perform in Lebanon - or anywhere closer to where I live :bleh: hehe Ooooh, or maybe he could have a Middle East Tour! *faints at the notion*

Eshta2telkon kteer! :huglove:

I haven't been here in such a long while. How are you all? :original:

On the subject of Lebanese obnoxiousness/lovableness, there's an interview where Mica says that one of his favourite things in summer is picnics at the park playing music so loud that the whole park can hear it i.e. what he called "Lebanese-style picnics". :naughty:

But I've discovered that his cousin is from beit Mukattaf (we should start somewhere:bleh:)

How on Earth did you learn find that out...?

I've just found this:roftl:

Mika talking about Lebanon & Baalbeck on BBC Radio:thumb_yello:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/outlook/news/story/2007/04/070420_mika_uk.shtml

Wow, what a great interview! I can't believe that I've never listened to it before! It's sad yet hopeful. I also love the discussion of Instant Martyr which is one of my favourite songs of his and his story about the "happy melodies" and "angry melodies" that he used to compile, it's an interesting insight into what makes him tick as an artist. I hope that he gets the chance to properly explore Lebanon one day; I feel the same way about Morocco, I've been back but I feel that I still need time to absorb the place and better appreciate my roots. Furthermore, I love what he's wearing in that interview! Thank you for sharing that!

I will! I will! I'll tell him all about us, as long as I can get the words out of my mouth. I might not be able to speak!

You know, I didn't actually make the outfit itself look Lebanese, but I decided to go without the blonde wig. I think my face and my hair looks Lebanese itself (Well, half, anyway), but now that you mention it, maybe I'll try to find some Lebanese-esque stuff. I have to get ribbons for my hair tomorrow, maybe I'll try to paint a design on them or something, or add something to my skirt. I've been wanting to renovate a bit! I was searching for ideas to inspire me, and I came across this site. It's not all Lebanese, but some of it is and these things are goooorgeous: http://www.aliakbar-maktabi-museum.com/work/categ.php?id_col=5

loooool!!!I hope that u will speak a little bit with him...I say that If I will meet him I would only staring at him and say:'Hello...!!!You're awesome...':naughty: or maybe not...I would merely staring at him...looool!!!!well...you can wear a bellydancer's dress!!!They're wondeful and u'll be very original!!loooool!!Well...I think that all people wear skinny jeans at Mika's concerts...lool!!I'd do the same!!!:biggrin2: weeeeeeelll...byeee!!!!!I hope that u'll wear in a lebanese-esque way..up lebanese flag!!!!:thumb_yello:

Welcome back Sou and Scut :biggrin2: well the lebanese thread missed you :bleh:

about the mukataff family...there's an Audrey Mukattaf in the cd little book in the credits who sings in lollipop i think...and i've read somewhere that his cousin sang with him...so given that the mukattaf family is a lebanese family we can presume that this mukattaf girl is Mika's cousin :wink2: what do you think ?

By the way Romy you're right...it would be great if Kate wore a bellydancer costume...i'm sure she'll look sweet in her lollipopgirl look :biggrin2:

Mar7ebtein Sou!!!

Hi Scut!

shteknelkoon wloooo:biggrin2: :huglove:

Audrey Mukkataf is the little girl wh'os singing on Lollipop..yeh everybody was thinking her name was Zuleika penniman (who's actually Mika's little sister)...but I thought it was a bit weird.....

it's written in the cd..plus someone confirmed it here...

Yeh Kate, Romy & Cubs are right!!!

you should go there wearing a belly dancer costume or a leb 3abeyé or something like that...I mean tipicaly lebanese... with bright colours: red, green...:bleh: ...but dunno if you would look like a<lollipop anymore...:blink:

But the good point is that Mika will notice you for sure!!!!!!!:roftl:

& you will have a bigger chance to meet him!! :yay:

I've got both Zuleika and Audrey written in my CD jacket, so I don't know who's who! I sill get confused on who's who for sure in his family. :boxed:

OMG! I could never, ever wear a bellydancer costume! *Hides* I don't have the guts to do that.

My plan was to buy some fabric and add on to the skirt a bit, some Middle Eastern patterns, colors etc. However, our local fabric store has closed, so I had to make do. It's really hard to find stuff that looks even slightly Lebanese or Middle Eastern in CT, USA! So I went to Hallmark yesterday morning, and I stood there for like, 30 minutes trying to decide which pink ribbon to buy. I went with the one I thought would be easiest to embellish. I went home and tried to embroider some beads and designs, like flowers etc. and of course, as I had to, the occasional Lollipop onto the ribbons.

Here are the pictures of the ribbons. I'm still going to work on them and neaten them up a lot. The pics are very bad with my camera's glare (it's an old camera), and the ribbon has this wire edge, so they're shaped a bit wavy. In person, I think they do look... Middle East goes Lollipop Girl. If the ribbons weren't pink, I think they'd look a bit more typical of the culture. :naughty: So I hope these look slightly alright: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27944125@N00/sets/72157601263692204/

This is the sign I've made, so look out for it on TV! It's also, possibly not totally done, but I'm trying to add a pink edge with floral designs. I'm trying to imitate the cover I have on my Ipod, that sort of looks cultured. BTW, the wheels actually turn together! Here are pics of the sign and my Ipod: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27944125@N00/sets/72157601268221827/

And here is the card I'm going to give Mika (HOPEFULLY). I made this and took these pics a couple months ago, pre-Lebanese-ifying my costume. So imagine the additions of the ribbons and sign, and this all together. And of course, I am not wearing my Pointe shoes! I've got white wedge heels with little white bows instead: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8660&l=bc54b&id=721725684 ...The album is public, so you can see if you don't have facebook.

Sorry my message was so long! Thanks for reading it, you all are really awesome! I hope I can rep for our thread at GMA! We need to rehearse something here, just so I don't faint! :roftl:

I'm kind of nervous now, because I'm going to have to explain that I'm actually Armenian, but we definitely do have roots and history in Lebanon as well. And I know that during that time, a lot of Armenians lived in Lebanon because of war conditions, etc. We've always identified as Armenian though. If I really dug into it, we're Armenian-Lebanese, but what if people I know, see? Like, I bet my aunt, the stupid one who was talking about the Lebanese neighbors (I mentioned her a while back), will watch GMA or something and go: :boxed: I don't know HOW I'm going to explain that one! I'll never hear the end of it. But she's on the other side of the family and doesn't really know any of my Dad's family history! So I could just say, "screw them," but I don't know, it's just weird.

My Dad is away on a trip, I might call or text him and ask about our family history, LOL. I think we have more history in Lebanon than I know, but we only have like, 3 immediate relatives on that side of the family that are alive. My Dad's mom is the one grew up in Armenia, and she would know all of this, but she's not alive. I just don't knowwwww!!!

OKAY! everything's good. Sorry for all these messages. Can you tell I'm getting a little jumpy already? :naughty:

I called up my Dad, and he reassured me that our family is more tied to Lebanon than I thought. He doesn't know much, but he told me (defintely) that his cousins used to visit a lot he said, and they were from (I guess they still live there) Lebanon. So the Lebanese part of our heritage is not that distant at all. I didn't think it was, but I didn't really know. My uncle could probably tell us more about the Lebanese side, but I don't know if I want to email him right now. He would probably Tivo GMA and get all into it. I'll tell him afterwards. So screw my aunt, everyone knows she's annoying anyway. The rest of my family will be proud. :biggrin2:

And sorry for all these messages- I talk too much when I get jittery...I don't mean to be annoying at all and I know I am!

ENOUGH (more than enough) about that... Anyway, how are you guys doing today?

I bet Audrey is a cousin, considering most of the credits on his CD are related, besides the obvious ones we know like Jodi Marr.

I've got both Zuleika and Audrey written in my CD jacket, so I don't know who's who! I sill get confused on who's who for sure in his family. :boxed:

OMG! I could never, ever wear a bellydancer costume! *Hides* I don't have the guts to do that.

My plan was to buy some fabric and add on to the skirt a bit, some Middle Eastern patterns, colors etc. However, our local fabric store has closed, so I had to make do. It's really hard to find stuff that looks even slightly Lebanese or Middle Eastern in CT, USA! So I went to Hallmark yesterday morning, and I stood there for like, 30 minutes trying to decide which pink ribbon to buy. I went with the one I thought would be easiest to embellish. I went home and tried to embroider some beads and designs, like flowers etc. and of course, as I had to, the occasional Lollipop onto the ribbons.

Here are the pictures of the ribbons. I'm still going to work on them and neaten them up a lot. The pics are very bad with my camera's glare (it's an old camera), and the ribbon has this wire edge, so they're shaped a bit wavy. In person, I think they do look... Middle East goes Lollipop Girl. If the ribbons weren't pink, I think they'd look a bit more typical of the culture. :naughty: So I hope these look slightly alright: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27944125@N00/sets/72157601263692204/

This is the sign I've made, so look out for it on TV! It's also, possibly not totally done, but I'm trying to add a pink edge with floral designs. I'm trying to imitate the cover I have on my Ipod, that sort of looks cultured. BTW, the wheels actually turn together! Here are pics of the sign and my Ipod: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27944125@N00/sets/72157601268221827/

And here is the card I'm going to give Mika (HOPEFULLY). I made this and took these pics a couple months ago, pre-Lebanese-ifying my costume. So imagine the additions of the ribbons and sign, and this all together. And of course, I am not wearing my Pointe shoes! I've got white wedge heels with little white bows instead: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8660&l=bc54b&id=721725684 ...The album is public, so you can see if you don't have facebook.

Sorry my message was so long! Thanks for reading it, you all are really awesome! I hope I can rep for our thread at GMA! We need to rehearse something here, just so I don't faint! :roftl:

Awesome work! Very creative! Good luck on the day! :thumb_yello:

I'm kind of nervous now, because I'm going to have to explain that I'm actually Armenian, but we definitely do have roots and history in Lebanon as well. And I know that during that time, a lot of Armenians lived in Lebanon because of war conditions, etc. We've always identified as Armenian though. If I really dug into it, we're Armenian-Lebanese, but what if people I know, see? Like, I bet my aunt, the stupid one who was talking about the Lebanese neighbors (I mentioned her a while back), will watch GMA or something and go: :boxed: I don't know HOW I'm going to explain that one! I'll never hear the end of it. But she's on the other side of the family and doesn't really know any of my Dad's family history! So I could just say, "screw them," but I don't know, it's just weird.

My Dad is away on a trip, I might call or text him and ask about our family history, LOL. I think we have more history in Lebanon than I know, but we only have like, 3 immediate relatives on that side of the family that are alive. My Dad's mom is the one grew up in Armenia, and she would know all of this, but she's not alive. I just don't knowwwww!!!

That sounds like a complicated situation but always remember to be proud of your roots. :cool:

Thanks, and I definiteyl am proud of my roots, of course! I just had to reassure myself of what they were, because I knew it was all somehow involved- And if I met Mika, I wouldn't just say I'm Lebanese- I just had to figure out the exact info, and that's why I called my Dad.