Mika in Newsday!

MIKAontheweb

Okay, this isn't that exciting...but there was a short article about Mika in Newsday, which is one of the more popular papers in New York, especially on Long Island. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top 20 papers in the country. So, here's the article. It had a nice picture with it, but it's not on the website so I can't post it now. I'll try to scan it later!

Is Simon the subject of a coup de 'Grace'?

According to fametastic.co.uk, British pop sensation Mika says in Attitude magazine that his debut single, "Grace Kelly," whose lyrics include, "Why don't you like me, why don't you like me without making me try?" was written about music mogul Simon Cowell.

The 24-year-old, London-based singer struggled to get a record deal until he was signed in a collaboration between Universal Motown and Island. "Grace Kelly" reached No. 1 on the U.K. Singles Chart two weeks after its Jan. 8 release.

Mika says he might have been "knocked back" by Cowell, but that he also didn't much want to work with the "Idol" judge, either. "I had a meeting with Simon a few years back. He said my songs weren't very good and I wasn't a songwriter. Then I spotted a gold disc for the Teletubbies single to the left of him and thought, 'This is possibly not the man for me.'"

Cowell, on being questioned about the meeting with Mika, says, "Do you know what, I don't even remember meeting him."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they took his year of birth as a reference, not his actual birthday.

Just like with horses, they turn a year older every year on January 1st. That is easier. :bleh: