Mika article on "Charts In France"

Translation coming up...

Mika à l'Eurovision ?

le mardi 15 mai 2007, par Thierry CADET

Après les fortes rotations de "Grace Kelly" et "Relax, Take It Easy" en radio, c'est "Love Today" qui sera prochainement la nouvelle locomotive de l'album de Mika, en attendant l'Eurovision... en 2009.

C'est le 5 février dernier que Mika a publié en France, "Life In Cartoon Motion", un album annoncé comme "un savoureux mélange de Freddy Mercury, Bee Gees, George Michael et Elton John"... et encensé par la presse.

Une chose est aujourd'hui certaine, le public a suivi, répondant présent en magasins, et faisant de cet opus un véritable triomphe (ex-numéro 1, encore classé au Top 5 depuis des semaines...) avec déjà deux titres devenus gold : "Grace Kelly" et "Relax, Take It Easy".

L'Eurovision ayant été pleinement en lumière le week-end, avec la malheureuse défaite des Fatals Picards, sachez que Mika y participera, mais... pas pour la France évidemment. Il voudrait représenter son pays natal, le Liban, en 2009. Avant, cela reste impossible, le Liban ayant été écarté de l'Eurovision pour ne pas avoir diffusé il y a trois ans, la prestation du candidat israélien sur les ondes du pays...

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news64613-23.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the article Sunshine! :thumb_yello: Could understand much of it :bleh:

Does Mika want to compete in ESC (talk about setting the standards)??? That would be so great I would actually watch the whole contest for the first time :roftl:

And representing Lebanon OMM I would be soooo proud of you Lebanon.gif

Hope he gets to do that if that's what he really wants :wink2:

There you go ! :)

Mika at Eurovision ?

tuesday may 17th, by Thierry CADET

After the many playings of "Grace Kelly" and "Relax, Take It Easy" on the radio, it's "Love Today" that is going to be the new locomotive of Mika's album, until the Eurovision... in 2009.

It was on february 5th that Mika released in France "Life In Cartoon Motion", an album announced as a "savoury mix of Freddie Mercury, Bee Gees, George Michael and Elton John"... and praised by the press.

One thing's for sure now, the people have followed, answering "present" in the stores, making this opus a true triumph (ex-number 1, still in the Top 5 since many weeks...) with two tracks becoming gold : "Grace Kelly" and "Relax, Take It Easy".

The Eurovision being into the light this week-end, with the unfortunate defeat of the Fatals Picards, know that Mika will participate, but... not for France obviously. He wants to represent the country where he was born, Lebanon, in 2009. Before that, it remains impossible, Lebanon having been banned from Eurovision for not airing the performance of the israeli candidate three years ago...

Thanks for the translation Sunshine :biggrin2: But it's still not confirmed as I can see.... am I missing something? Mika himself hasn't yet said publicly if he will participate...:boxed:

Jassisa, love your new smilie faces .... the Lebanese flag one... too cute:thumb_yello: :biggrin2:

Thanks for the article Sunshine! :thumb_yello: Could understand much of it :bleh:

Does Mika want to compete in ESC (talk about setting the standards)??? That would be so great I would actually watch the whole contest for the first time :roftl:

And representing Lebanon OMM I would be soooo proud of you Lebanon.gif

Hope he gets to do that if that's what he really wants :wink2:

Um, what's the ESC or Eurovision, for that matter?

Thanks for the translation Sunshine :biggrin2: But it's still not confirmed as I can see.... am I missing something? Mika himself hasn't yet said publicly if he will participate...:boxed:

Yeah he hasn't said it yet... personnaly I only believe info coming out of the man's mouth !

Yeah he hasn't said it yet... personnaly I only believe info coming out of the man's mouth !

It would seem that is the only source we can believe after so much is taken out of context and reprinted everywhere as fact....:bleh:

Thanks for posting and translating sunshine. :thumb_yello:

Personally, I am not a big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest for I consider it more a complete farce that is less about music and more about acting, dancing ....and politics. I haven't watched it for years, just think it isn't worth the time.

So I would not cry my eyes out in case this is just a rumor made up by somebody and reprinted in the mags....:bleh:

Translation coming up...

Mika à l'Eurovision ?

le mardi 15 mai 2007, par Thierry CADET

Après les fortes rotations de "Grace Kelly" et "Relax, Take It Easy" en radio, c'est "Love Today" qui sera prochainement la nouvelle locomotive de l'album de Mika, en attendant l'Eurovision... en 2009.

C'est le 5 février dernier que Mika a publié en France, "Life In Cartoon Motion", un album annoncé comme "un savoureux mélange de Freddy Mercury, Bee Gees, George Michael et Elton John"... et encensé par la presse.

Une chose est aujourd'hui certaine, le public a suivi, répondant présent en magasins, et faisant de cet opus un véritable triomphe (ex-numéro 1, encore classé au Top 5 depuis des semaines...) avec déjà deux titres devenus gold : "Grace Kelly" et "Relax, Take It Easy".

L'Eurovision ayant été pleinement en lumière le week-end, avec la malheureuse défaite des Fatals Picards, sachez que Mika y participera, mais... pas pour la France évidemment. Il voudrait représenter son pays natal, le Liban, en 2009. Avant, cela reste impossible, le Liban ayant été écarté de l'Eurovision pour ne pas avoir diffusé il y a trois ans, la prestation du candidat israélien sur les ondes du pays...

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news64613-23.html

u know i didnt even know they were banned because of that?!?!

argh.... this war is ennoying!!!:thumbdown:

Thanks for posting and translating sunshine. :thumb_yello:

Personally, I am not a big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest for I consider it more a complete farce that is less about music and more about acting, dancing ....and politics. I haven't watched it for years, just think it isn't worth the time.

So I would not cry my eyes out in case this is just a rumor made up by somebody and reprinted in the mags....:bleh:

mmmm don't really care about Eurovision... I know it's a singing competition in Europe and that's about it... hehehe

however when I find articles on Mika, I post them just to keep everyone informed... although we can't always believe what the press says... so it's to keep people informed of what is being said about Mika in the press I guess ! lol !!!

and it's my pleasure translating them !!! :D

mmmm don't really care about Eurovision... I know it's a singing competition in Europe and that's about it... hehehe

however when I find articles on Mika, I post them just to keep everyone informed... although we can't always believe what the press says... so it's to keep people informed of what is being said about Mika in the press I guess ! lol !!!

and it's my pleasure translating them !!! :D

And you're doing great :thumb_yello: Thanks to dedicated sunshine :flowers2:

And you're doing great :thumb_yello: Thanks to dedicated sunshine :flowers2:

aaawww thx ! :D to be honest... I thought maybe some people were mad at me for posting the article of him vacationing in Italy since it's more "private info" if you will...

u know i didnt even know they were banned because of that?!?!

argh.... this war is ennoying!!!:thumbdown:

Yes agree, that sucks :thumbdown: Why can't people just get along and live with each other in peace?

Jassisa, love your new smilie faces .... the Lebanese flag one... too cute:thumb_yello: :biggrin2:

Thanx I love them to :biggrin2:

It would seem that is the only source we can believe after so much is taken out of context and reprinted everywhere as fact....:bleh:

Think that to. You can always hope for the good news but nothing is confirmed until Mika says something.