My Gwen Stefani Project

As some of you may know, I am going to see Gwen Stefani in concert twice in June and I also have the great opportunity to be on the front row with much thanks to my boyfriend! Since I am going to be that close, I decided to make her a small gift and I am really holding out hope that I will be able to hand it to her! Lots of people on this tour have handed her flowers, etc., so I think I have a good chance to hand her my gift. She has also pulled people on stage, but I am not planning on this happening.

Anyway, I wanted to show you all the gift and see what you all thought of it. I sewed it and I did it from freehand by creating a pattern from the first photo of Gwen. And the second photo is what I made.

I am also planning to try to get her autograph, but we will see what happens. I am trying not to worry about it. Even if these things don't work, I will still get to see her on front row and that in itself is great to me!

post-2109-142983658131_thumb.jpg

post-2109-142983658133_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey!

i just saw her last week here in virginia beach!:thumb_yello:

she rocked!:biggrin2:

opened with lady sov and akon....

couldnt believe how many times she changed her outfits....

(i'm sure there is one group of people stripping her out of one outfit and another group dressing her at the same time:naughty: )

and she looked AWESOME!

didnt get any pics -

didnt bring my camera - and we were on the grass - right behind seating...

there were 18,000 people there!

but toward the end she actually ran all the way through the seating areas to the edge of the grass so that she could be closer to everyone on the hill - my friends daughter got a pic of her with her phone - but i havent seen it yet!

the gift is awesome!

great job!

im sure she will appreciate it!:wink2:

noticed they had a gwen stefani fan club will call.....

...wondering if they will ever have something like that for mika?

That's awesome you got to see her! And yeah, I have heard the whole thing about her going to the lawn area to sing "Cool," which I think is awesome since the lawn's usually don't get much love!

She does change her outfits a lot. If you can believe it, she makes fewer costume changes for this tour than she did for her last one. I'm kind og glad, since this will mean more time for her to be on stage. :) One thing about her solo tours is it is totally nothing like her performances with No Doubt and I think this is kind of nice. We get to see Gwen in a completely different light.

And yeah, the will call thing was how my boyfriend got us front row! I also got me and my sister 4th row for her show in Chicago. She intentionally set aside the floor seats for the will call so that fans could get the seats and not the nasty scalpers. I thought that was great of her and I do wish other artists would follow suit!

Thanks for the compliment. I hope I will be able to give it to her and that she'll like it!!

As some of you may know, I am going to see Gwen Stefani in concert twice in June and I also have the great opportunity to be on the front row with much thanks to my boyfriend! Since I am going to be that close, I decided to make her a small gift and I am really holding out hope that I will be able to hand it to her! Lots of people on this tour have handed her flowers, etc., so I think I have a good chance to hand her my gift. She has also pulled people on stage, but I am not planning on this happening.

Anyway, I wanted to show you all the gift and see what you all thought of it. I sewed it and I did it from freehand by creating a pattern from the first photo of Gwen. And the second photo is what I made.

I am also planning to try to get her autograph, but we will see what happens. I am trying not to worry about it. Even if these things don't work, I will still get to see her on front row and that in itself is great to me!

Have you got - candyland mp3 ? Where can I find it ?

that's gorgeouse. it's a lot of hand work there. i know because in my country, it's a tradition in these hand made objects like yours. especially peasents women do that. that poin of embordery is called in my country fly point . i made some of these too. it takes long time and you have to be very carefull. sometimes have to number points and if you use many colors like you is getting more difficult.

gwennie will loved it.

bee, I have that song, but I am actually not sure where my copy is. I will ask around and see if someone can give me an mp3 of it for you!

thank u very much :biggrin2:

crina, thank you for the compliment. I have been cross stitching since I was a young girl and I still love doing crafts like these even now. When I decided to make Gwen a gift, I just knew it would have to be something cross stitched. :)

bee, you're welcome!

And only 10 more days until I get to give it to her!!

• 11 months later...

Hi!!!!!!! that's greaT !!!! I really love her , love her songs( specially hollaback girl because I sang it in my high school ) her personality is awesome and she is so beautiful too

I'm excited because after all this time, I just found a brief video of Gwen with the gift I gave to her. It's in her pocket. :D It is pretty close to the end....she's wearing a b/w stripped shirt and black pants.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=10261642

Oh I saw it! Mandi that is completely sweet!

Hi!!!!!!! that's greaT !!!! I really love her , love her songs( specially hollaback girl because I sang it in my high school ) her personality is awesome and she is so beautiful too

I love her too. :) Nice to see another fan!

Oh I saw it! Mandi that is completely sweet!

Isn't it?? I am so happy I found this!