Lyrics inside LICM insert

Has anyone else noticed that the lyrics to some of the songs in the LICM insert are incorrect? I'm not sure how it is in the UK and elsewhere, but here, the insert only has the lyrics for the first few songs. Anyhow, there's typos all over. For example, in Grace Kelly it reads "just to be put on a shelf" when he clearly sings "just to be out on your shelf." And in Lollipop, in places it reads "love's gonna let you down," rather than "love's gonna get you down." There's a few more, too. I wonder what's up with that?

On the surface it looks like someone tried to type the lyrics from memory and made some mistakes here and there - but then I started to wonder, I wonder if that was deliberate? A testament to the creative process, or some such notion? Hmm...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When LICM was released here, I was so disappointed to see that not all the lyrics were there. You are right though about the "typo's" - but I don't know why they would have been done deliberately though...

he said that he did the artwork before recording the album, so maybe he changed the lyrics during recording? i also have been wondering why the song is calles big girl, but i think he always sings big girls, doesn't he?