Make You Happy Studio/Miami edit difficult to hear lyrics

Hi All,

By now, it's been a fair few years since Make You Happy was released so sorry if this question has been mentioned before; I tried searching previously with no success. The Studio/Miami (whatever you guys wanna call it) edit of Make You Happy is one of my favourite songs of The Origin of Love album and I really want to know all the lyrics to the song. The problem for me is that there's a particular part which isn't in the single/main version of MYH which is present in the studio/miami edit.

So, towards the end of the song, the main version of MYH (the version with the music video) has the following lyrics which repeat:

'Never gonna give you up
Never gonna sort you out
When's it gonna hit ya?
I'm never gonna let you down'

alongside the above lyrics you have the main chorus:

'All I wanna do is make you happy
All I wanna do is make you happy
All I wanna do is make you happy'

However, in the studio edit you have the main chorus followed by some extra lyrics, I've tried focusing on these extra lyrics to try and make out what Mika's saying, as well as comparing other sites/videos allegedly displaying all the lyrics, and I have the following lyrics, I don't even know if these are correct but this is the closest I've got (anything with a '?' is a part I'm not particularly sure about):

Only wanna walk this way,

never gonna make you pay,

only gonna getcha,

i'll never be a real boy

gonna make you satisfied

never gonna leave your side

never gonna go away

cause you know you can count on me?

only wanna get you up

never gonna let this die

what's it gonna take me

I'll never let you break me

take me for that one new chance

pick me from what's left of us?

keep me as the same style

I just wanna get your way

I remember seeing a site a few years back which was discussing this, but I don't think it ever came to a conclusion with a popular/agreed set of lyrics, if it did then I can't find it anymore.

I've tried to download the song and isolate just the vocals, but there still seems to be some background singing in the way. I've uploaded this version (it's focusing on the lyrics so is gonna sound a bit unusual).

Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction as to what these 'hidden' lyrics are.

Thanks

- Final

MIKA_-_Make_You_Happy_(Miami_Edit).wav

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a thread with comprehensive lyrics, so you could check there: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/29020-comprehensive-lyrics/

There's also a thread discussing that song in particular:  http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/29579-mika-new-song-make-you-happy/

You should post there if you can't find the lyrics you need.

• silver locked this topic