Growing Up With Mika

Anditwassummer

Interesting that some people are nol pleased by Mika's choices to do The Voice and another season of Casa Mika.  This makes for a really meaty conversation, I think.  Not about the shows, but about how everyone is handling Mika's growing up. 

Because I recently got into Mika and we now have everything available to watch, I have spent the past month seeing him mature as an artist over ten or so years.  The early years were a special kind of magic for all the misfits including Mika.  Mika did what he wanted, the way he wanted to.    Sometimes the transformation to adulthood is shocking in its ugliness, and sometimes shocking in its beauty.  How did this secretive, scarred, chubby kid turn into such a beautiful, kind young man?  Where does this spark come from in someone which makes them glow like that?   How on earth was he able to turn his unhappiness into our (and his) pure joy?  And now, where is that beautiful boy going?  What is going to happen to our sorrow if we don't have Mika's music to transform it? 

Growing older is always trouble. You become someone else over and over. How many times can you expect him to play the same songs?  And with the presence and passion of the first time?  Or write the same kinds of songs?  If he did, I don't believe people would like them.  They would make us sad, and maybe we wouldn't even know why.  Be careful what you wish for.  As you age you become responsible for more and more.  How many people does Mika employ, and what would happen to them if he just walked away?   They are his family, literally or not. I have faith in Mika.  He is supernaturally gifted.  Let him wander where he will, and learn more about himself and what he really wants.  When he comes back to the music, I don't think he will disappoint.

• Like 12

Not really an opinion on anything you said (which I think is beautiful), but just a related thought: you touch here on one of the things that I find myself admiring most about Mika as a human being, not as a star or an artist, but just as a person: the way he's matured and yet remained so beautifully childish and playful. I dearly love the person he is and the person he's become. To listen to him talk about life,  love,  etc, it becomes immensely clear that he's incredibly intelligent, mature and deep. He's a thinker, 100%. (maybe too much sometimes, but idk, I'm not in his head). But somehow, he's managed to cultivate this depth and grace and philosophy without losing the sense of playfulness and childishness (I say that word with a positive meaning) which we all love so much about him. He's such a goofball but such a thoughtful, intelligent goofball. I have so much respect for someone who can be so classy and refined and philosophical and then the next moment be dancing like...well, like Mika.

Okay, tbh this is just me taking an opportunity to ramble about how much I love Mika.

oh well

We're all the same here :lmfao: 

• Like 11

14 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Not really an opinion on anything you said (which I think is beautiful), but just a related thought: you touch here on one of the things that I find myself admiring most about Mika as a human being, not as a star or an artist, but just as a person: the way he's matured and yet remained so beautifully childish and playful. I dearly love the person he is and the person he's become....He's such a goofball but such a thoughtful, intelligent goofball. I have so much respect for someone who can be so classy and refined and philosophical and then the next moment be dancing like...well, like Mika.

Okay, tbh this is just me taking an opportunity to ramble about how much I love Mika.

oh well

We're all the same here :lmfao: 

I find what you said beautiful, too.  And I also love Mika.   What's wrong with that?  Off topic, but he is probably responsible for this dog that fell into my lap.  I might call him Humphrey! 

raw.jpg

Edited by Anditwassummer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anditwassummer said:

I find what you said beautiful, too.  And I also love Mika.   What's wrong with that?  Off topic, but he is probably responsible for this dog that fell into my lap.  I might call him Humphrey! 

raw.jpg

Omg, "Humphrey" is beautiful!!! I say do it, call him Humphrey :lmfao: 

First of all beautiful dog :wub2:  I am dreaming to have a golden one day... ^_^

About the topic I agree with both of you. You just probably exhaust the subject (although about Mika can talk like forever :P ).

I think that maybe the things is he doing now are the right things for him. We can only keep guessing…  Mika is an extraordinary man with wide horizons and whatever he does is happening for a reason.  He will not leave us without any music that’s for sure, because for Mika music is like the oxygen to breathe. He cannot leave it voluntary.

Through listening to his albums we can see (or more hear) how he evolve and that is good. Nobody supposed to stay the same person forever . All the time the circumstances change and the person changes with them. That is why he is a mixture of everything little by little.

Maybe Mika is not as much recognizable as Katy Perry or Justin Timberlake or whatever, but he and his music can reach to every corner of the world and the proof of that we have right here on MFC :groupwave: We are the proof of how many people in different age, different culture, different part of the world he can bring together and that in my opinion is beautiful.

I had to write one sentence and it came out as always… I do not know if it deviates from the original theme, but overall the theme is all the time one and the same which is MIKA !!!

I think that the picture absolutely fits :lmfao: I couldn't think about anything else when I read your ( @ladyolivier , @Anditwassummer) posts :D 

Bez tytułu.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dominika said:

We are the proof of how many people in different age, different culture, different part of the world he can bring together and that in my opinion is beautiful.

It is beautiful.  As much as any one of us changes, it will always be beautiful.

I just saw the beginning of Casa Mika 4.  I had to stop watching for a while after Mika read his story (?). It surprised me, it was so daring.   And that story is something worth translating and making available.  When somebody puts himself on the line like that, how can you not feel something? Something like love?    

In front of a huge audience expecting music, joking, or conversations, Mika

delivers a story that is so small and so personal, it is really extraordinary. To make it big with that orchestra?  This is incredibly brave, maybe even reckless. 

That story about seeing someone when the light is red and imagining who he is, who he could be?   He is very much talking about himself.  "Run," he says, "run and never stop running."  "They will tell you that you are doing it wrong,   but run, run and never stop running.  Only then will you achieve all your dreams."  The things he wants to do that are not music?  He is running to do all those things.  Because he has big dreams.  And life is very short. 

To want Mika to stick to singing alone when he has this in him?  Not me. 

Run, Mika.  Just run.  

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

It is beautiful.  As much as any one of us changes, it will always be beautiful.

I just saw the beginning of Casa Mika 4.  I had to stop watching for a while after Mika read his story (?). It surprised me, it was so daring.   And that story is something worth translating and making available.  When somebody puts himself on the line like that, how can you not feel something? Something like love?    

In front of a huge audience expecting music, joking, or conversations, Mika

delivers a story that is so small and so personal, it is really extraordinary. To make it big with that orchestra?  This is incredibly brave, maybe even reckless. 

That story about seeing someone when the light is red and imagining who he is, who he could be?   He is very much talking about himself.  "Run," he says, "run and never stop running."  "They will tell you that you are doing it wrong,   but run, run and never stop running.  Only then will you achieve all your dreams."  The things he wants to do that are not music?  He is running to do all those things.  Because he has big dreams.  And life is very short. 

To want Mika to stick to singing alone when he has this in him?  Not me. 

Run, Mika.  Just run.  

Wow, I do love your post. You are absolutely right.

I understand that changes may be uncomfortable to accept, they somethimes frighten us, especially if they affect someone we love.

• Like 2