iadoremika

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JayMalinowski the light in this part of the world is unreal, constant sunset. everyone should come to iceland! the people make up for the little light. about 1 hour ago from web

I bet Iceland is so pretty...a constant sunset sounds cool :D

JayMalinowski the light in this part of the world is unreal, constant sunset. everyone should come to iceland! the people make up for the little light. about 1 hour ago from web

I bet Iceland is so pretty...a constant sunset sounds cool :D

It sounds pretty beautiful. :naughty: I guess I can add that to my ever growing list of places in the world I want to visit. :aah:

It sounds pretty beautiful. :naughty: I guess I can add that to my ever growing list of places in the world I want to visit. :aah:

Haha yeah same here :aah: Iceland will go right after Australia or somewhere in Europe....France comes first, or London :roftl: This has nothing to do with Jay, so I'll stop :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Bright Lights and Bruises" came out today. (Yes, I went to the mall and bought the hard copy CD! But it's also available on iTunes. :wink2:)

It is so, so, so, so, so (...:teehee:) BEAUTIFUL.

The songs are more slow (somber, maybe) and heart warming. So touching.

I simply love it.

And can't say enough good things about it.

:wub2:

So...I've heard only GREAT things about the album.

And, I have to agree. Everything about it is beautiful, and has so much meaning and feeling to it.

I truly, truly, truly recommend it.

In other news, my mom keeps calling Jay: Jay Malinkowski.

I'm not quite sure, even though I've told her, if she knows his name has only one K in it. :lol3:

• 3 weeks later...
Jay is going to be on MTV Live tonight. I'm going...I can't wait! :D[/C OLOR]

:biggrin2:

[COLO R=DarkRed]So...I've heard only GREAT things about the album.

And, I have to agree. Everything about it is beautiful, and has so much meaning and feeling to it.

I truly, truly, truly recommend it.

I still need to listen to it...I'm going to right now, or some of the songs anyways :biggrin2: Before I forget:aah:

In other news, my mom keeps calling Jay: Jay Malinkowski.

I'm not quite sure, even though I've told her, if she knows his name has only one K in it. :lol3:

:naughty:

I still need to listen to it...I'm going to right now, or some of the songs anyways :biggrin2: Before I forget:aah:

You should. They're very good.

MTV Live was fantastic - Jay sounded so great.

We were told we could bring in a 'small camera' - so I didn't bring my DSLR. These were the best two shots I got. :huh:

102_8244_.jpg

102_8249.jpg

(The black in that photo is not intended to appear faded. The photo was super dark, and I suck at Photoshop. Sorry.)

I could have had the chance to meet him. If I went up and said hello to one of his friends (she works there), she said she would have introduced us. But I didn't say hello to her because I thought I wasn't allowed. WHY DID I FIND THIS OUT AFTERWARDS?! I wanted to cry when she said that, and I'm still sad now. At this rate, I'm never going to meet hom. :emot-sad:

You should. They're very good.

I love Life is a gun and Santa Monica, all of the ones I've listened to so far are really good :wub2:

MTV Live was fantastic - Jay sounded so great.

We were told we could bring in a 'small camera' - so I didn't bring my DSLR. These were the best two shots I got. :huh:

102_8244_.jpg

:fangurl:

I could have had the chance to meet him. If I went up and said hello to one of his friends (she works there), she said she would have introduced us. But I didn't say hello to her because I thought I wasn't allowed. WHY DID I FIND THIS OUT AFTERWARDS?! I wanted to cry when she said that, and I'm still sad now. At this rate, I'm never going to meet hom. :emot-sad:

Aww :thumbdown: I'm sure you will meet him someday though, is he coming back soon? :D

I love Life is a gun and Santa Monica, all of the ones I've listened to so far are really good :wub2:

Aww :thumbdown: I'm sure you will meet him someday though, is he coming back soon? :D

Nice!

I don't know. He'll be touring the west coast for the next little while.

But he lives here. So he has to come back.

That doesn't necessarily mean he'll play a show. :aah:

But Bedouin Soundclash are going to make a new record, so...:biggrin2:

Look what's on Youtube now.

So beautiful! :fangurl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxh2z6ltJUs

That looks like such a pretty place :wub2:

Nice!

I don't know. He'll be touring the west coast for the next little while.

But he lives here. So he has to come back.

That doesn't necessarily mean he'll play a show. :aah:

But Bedouin Soundclash are going to make a new record, so...:biggrin2:

Thats awesome :biggrin2:

• 5 months later...

Just a few updates: :biggrin2:

1. Bedouin's new CD "Light the Horizon" is coming out on September 28th!

2. Last month I was an extra for their upcoming music video! It's for their single "Mountain Top". I don't think you'll be able to see me much (maybe not at all). But it was so much fun, and I can't wait to see the video! :original: I could have met the band at that time, but I decided to leave it.

3. I went to the Bedouin Soundclash concert on Friday. The opening act was Charlie Winston. He, and his band, are so incredibly talented. I particularly like "In Your Hands" and "Like a Hobo". Bedouin were so good, too. I enjoyed all of the songs! It was COMPLETELY pouring rain the entire time and, from that, I disovered that my waterproof jacket is not so waterproof. :lol3: But being wet for a good portion of the concert was totally worth it. After the concert I met Jay. I was more excited than you can fathom. He signed my CD ("Bright Lights and Bruises") and I got a photo with him. (When I asked him for a photo I said, "I came alone so..." And he took my camera and held it to the other people waiting and said, "somebody take her picture". :)) Ah, I almost can't believe it happened. Jay is too nice! I also met Eon the next day, and got a photo with him, too! He was so kind as well (even thanking me for staying in the rain the night before!) (I did not, however, meet Sekou. I will one day!) Here are a few photos (one of each band member!) from the concert:

105_0065-1.jpg

105_0049-1.jpg

105_0040-1.jpg

Sorry for fangurrrrling. :blush-anim-cl:

• 5 months later...