HollyD

. . . . . So memories n e v e r fade into the dark corners of our minds, till we can no longer recall the place nor the time. Or what we saw and how it felt. I want to always remember that first moment I felt my heart truly melt. Melting away like butter on hot toast - it is Rufus Wainwright I will always remember the most. * *

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Melbourne0086.jpg

Melbourne6.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- In November cheeseygoodness and I embarked on an adventure of momumental proportions *and that is even an understatement*

*** we truly had angles with us - watching out for us on this most Magical of all weekends! We were blessed beyond all imagination or dreams and the wonderful memories will live on with us and inside our hearts surely for the rest of our existence.

. . . . WHAT a winding and bumpy road it was - one usually less travelled. But the road seemed paved in gold - for it lead us to a place we had only before seen in our wildest - most unfathomable dreams.

. . . . . and so the RuVenture began --------------------

Edited by HollyD

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday - November 7, 2008

- I don't even remember what time I got up that morning - but, I do remember that it was way before the first rooster crowed. *or what ever it is that they do* cock-a-doodle-doo* . . . in no time at all I was out the door and on my way. First stop, of many -- Sunrise, Florida an hour and a half away to pick up Alex and start the truly l o n g part of our journey!

I finally got to her house and she was at the door, suitcases packed and ready. We loaded my *already full car* - and we were OFF. The first concert was in Melbourne. I had MapQuested

e v e r y t h i n g out for us -- still does not help when you are totally terrible with no sense of direction. Sorry Alex - but, you know it is true. I think Alex could get lost going the opposite way around her block. Seriously for two nimwitts . . . . we did amazingly well!

We made it to BEAUTIFUL Melbourne . . . .

but, we could not find our hotel to save our lives! Looking at the directions we should have already passed it - like 5 minutes ago . . . .

so we decided to just go and scope out the venue, since we were headed in that direction anyways. When we got there we parked *right up front in a handicap place* . . . . no one was around. We walked around looking for any sign that Rufus was playing TONIGHT~ f i n a l l y we found some posters and took pictures! The surreal day -- suddenly felt like it was FOR real!

We left there and decided to go and check out the beach. It was so nice and beautiful - SURELY if we would have had more time - we would have went into the water . . . at least to wet our feet. We wrote RUFUS in the sand, and took some pictures -- and were off once again . . . this time with a mission to FIND our stubborn hotel. Going back -- we found it with ease. It was the way the roads were at that Intersections fault that we did not see it before, not ours!

100_0314.jpg

We checked in - and were QUITE impressed with the place! It was nice!!!! The nicest that we had stayed in so far! -- and another treat, the dude at the front desk was gay gay gay -- and totally knew who Rufus was . . . we talked *and flirted* with him a bit . . . and then we went to check out our room.

It was awesome and SO cozy. It was easy to settle in. We did our usual thing -- threw our suitcases onto our beds and then proceeded to start throwing the contents all over the place. That was our idea of being well organized and 'being able to find our stuff' to get ready! Alex was hungry . . . . so we set out to find dinner before we got ourselves together. *I think I was WAY too nervous to eat - I guess I mistaked all of the hunger pains in me for butterflies. I definately felt BOTH!

We got back - ate - and then it was TIME . . . .

I think we were watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 while we ate . . . .

Alex got her shower first -- cause it takes me MUCH longer to get ready! Hey - not everyone can be as NATURALLY beautiful as Alex -- some of us actually have to work to look half way decent!

Getting ready this time was actually F U N. We put on our nice outfits because this place was going to be pretty sw-an-nky!

A few touch-ups . . . . last minute glances in the mirror -- and then we were on our way to see RUFUS live!

Edited by HollyD

Melbourne Show

- We got to the venue . . . . too early to go in. So we sat out front on a bench. There was a few people there - not more then 30 - I would say. Finally we got to enter the building. It was lovely! I love the King's Center for the Performing Arts! This was only my second time there. Still it was familiar. We walked over to the doors . . . . and was forced to yet again --- wait. uummm it was a good, half hour at least that we stood there. But, the time passed very fast - because one of the ushers at the doors started talking to us. She was extrememly nice - and so impressed that we had travelled SO far, just to see Rufus. Of course she had no idea who Rufus Wainwright was . . . and therefore had never heard him, moreless seen him live. So we told her that she was in for a REAL treat! :wub2:

We met a few fans that were there in line behind us. They had came to see Rufus from Orlando! And one in particular *Mindy* was just a sweetheart!

. . . and SUCH a huge RuRu fan! - - - it was finally time for us to take our seats and not too bad! We had pretty decent seats --- great view of the stage and 7 rows back. When we went in there was nothing on the stage except for a beautiful black Grand Piano. *The thing that Rufus referrs to as 'his wife'* :das:

- - - - and anyone who has seen him LIVE -- knows why, and more importantly WHY that is such a HOT statement.

After a while . . . . someone walked out onto the stage from the back - and placed two bottles of water . . one at the piano, and one at the microphone that was at the very front of the stage. She also placed a piece of paper at both locations. Then she sat down and pressed on the piano keys, and spoke into the microphones T E S T I N G the sound, of course. NOW -- all was ready. The stage was set for Rufus.

Of course Rufus being the eccentric drama queen that he is took his precious sweet time. :doh:

When the clock struck 8:00 -- the crowd started getting obviously anxious!

The lights dimmed and everyone went wild. Then out walks the most beautiful creature that my eyes had ever witnessed. I had to blink quite a bit to make sure he was real . . . and REALLY right there in front of me. So close - yet so far away! He gracefully sat down at the Piano Bench and began playing. Grey Gardens was his first song. I cannot begin to tell you the order after that.

The surrealness was there again. The whole night was like living in a dream. As filled with emotions as I was - I surprisingly did not cry a single tear. *Not like me at all* I was just overwhelmed with happiness and joy.

Melbourne0029.jpg

His voice is SO beautiful and pure -- I had heard people say before that he sounded even better live then on record. NOW I know what they meant. Every song was sung to perfection. And he is SO funny -- telling little stories in between songs and making jokes -- that could crack a rib. He is truly a riot through and through . . . and so effortlessly - or so it seems!

Melbourne0014.jpg

Hours past and I knew that the end was near. I didn't really think about that part - maybe because I knew that I still had two more nights ahead of me, and could think about the long goodbye later on. I was still just as happy as when he first walked out on the stage! He said goodbye and left . . . . we all screamed for MORE MORE MORE ---- and he came back out. Doing 2 more songs - and then he left the stage again . . . AGAIN we screamed - and he returned to the stage once more to do one last final song. And then just like that the show was over.

Edited by HollyD

. . . . AFTER the first show

- - - after the show we went into the lobby, trying to see if we could find any of the people from the Rufus Boards. They were rather e a s y to spot. Alex went up to one lady and asked her if she was 'from the Ru Boards' and she said YES. . . . . but, continued on walking --- as if she was on a mission to get "somewhere" . . . and like she KNEW w h e r e she was trying to get. Our mission from the start was --- FIND the boardies and attach to them like leeches -- as they had ALL met him before -- and that was the only thing that mattered now.

. . . So we followed her. She went down the hall to join a large group. We walked over and as they STARED at us -- Alex says to them HI -- my name is Alex, I am a boardie too. Their sour faces quickly lit up and they were all of a sudden MUCH more friendly then before --- but, no where near as friendly as any MFCer you would encounter for the frist time!

- - - then after they all said hi to her - I said Hi . . . I am a member too -

my name is HollyD. - - - then everyone was saying -- OH you are Holly. . . LOOK MIKE we found Holly. *I was MUCH more 'active' on the boards* :naughty:

We all talked for a few minutes -- and then they were asking US where we thought it best to 'wait for Rufus to come out' . . . weren't THEY the experts? :blink:

- - - So MUCH to our surprise, it was Alex and I taking the reins . . . so to speak! We immediately put on our 'authorative voices' . . . . and acted as if we knew what we were talking about! We hung around the front of the building for a while chit chatting. We also ran into a couple 'friends that we had met on the boards and MySpace' :naughty: C R A Z Y friends that i won't even get into with - cause that is a story all in itself!!!!!! :insane:

- - - so these RATS eventually told us that they were going to go on back to their hotel. WHICH by the way - we found out that they were staying at the same hotel as RUFUS! . . . they wandered off - out of sight - and we stayed talking to a few other fans.

- - we decided to go and scope out the place. There was a gate around the corner, that REALLY seemed a place Rufus would come out of. So as we walked over there we saw ALL of the boardies already standing by the gate. SNAKES! They had lied to us . . . like they were wanting us to leave and not be able to have a chance to meet him at all. :sneaky2:

- - - security came out, and told us that he was NOT coming out. YEAH OKAY -- like we have not heard that story before with MIKA! :mf_rosetinted:

. . . we were NOT falling for that one EVER again! We continued to wait -- as the time passed by -- the waiting crowd started to get smaller and smaller! HEY lucky for us . . . even though I cannot imagine being SO impatient that you could not wait 5 hours to MEET Rufus Wainwright! - - - or maybe that is just me!

. . . . and then it happened ---------------------------

Meeting Rufus *for the first time*

. .

. . . . we saw him in the front seat of the SUV. He looked SO unimaginably beautiful! The vehicle pulled out of the gate and stopped right in the middle of the anxiously waiting d e d i c a t e d fans that had stayed through it all.

P1030562.jpg

The vehicle that Rufus travelled in throughout his Florida Tour

His personal assistant Kelly -- got out, and told us that he could not stay long - as he had business to take care of, but he would do a quick signing. I stood there frozen in place as he worked his way down the line from person to person. It seemed to move so quickly. Alex and I were almost at the very end *by choice* . . . . and he was getting closer and closer by the second.

I was trying to build my courage the WHOLE time - telling myself that this was a once in a lifetime chance and JUST DO IT. The closer he got to me -- the faster my heart was beating. I didn't want to forget my name or how to speak, but - I felt that I was losing all sense of my surroundings! I was on a mission though - and by george I was going to make sure that it was accomplished.

My intentions were to give Rufus the poem that I had written JUST for him. I thought that it would be special - and I wanted to give him something personal with alot of meaning. I am not at all talented -- can't even draw a stick figure. . . so I made the only thing that I possibly could. I also had a copy of my poem, and I was going to ask him to sign it for me to keep. How beautiful is that!

*or at least the idea is to me* ♥ ♥ ♥

So, before I knew it he was over right by ME. Talking with a fan -- taking a picture, so I patiently waited my turn. Then without hesitation or taking a breath or even thinking for that matter . . . I stepped forward and began to speak.

I said something along the lines of:

Rufus - tear it up, throw it in the garbage. . . I don't care - JUST p l e a s e READ it first. He LOOKED at me . . I said, this is a poem that I wrote for you. He was like OH! and smiled. Then I told him that I had a copy of it and asked him if he would sign it . . . he said, of course!

ruufruuf.jpg

Me telling him about the poem

100_0515-1.jpg

The copy he signed for me

- - - and then I asked him if we could take a picture together - and he smiled and said, "sure"

newrupicforme.jpg

THE single most happy-iest *even though that is not a word* moment of my

L I F E

15pn79x.jpg

Alex & Rufus

Edited by HollyD

. . . . I held on to him SO tight for those moments. Pressing 'all of me' against him. - about to DIE from the exposed chest hair - that was looking at me! :das:

- and then standing there numb I realized that he had put his head against mine! :mf_lustslow: It was HARD to breathe -- well, actually I think I might have completely stopped for that moment all together! I don't know -- maybe THAT was a contributing factor to my total light-headed-ness! THAT and everything else that was happening!

I don't think it is humanly possible to forget how that moment felt! He was SO much m o r e then I had expected or ever hoped for. I would have been content with so much less . . . so getting SO MUCH more - then I ever dreamed - - - N O W, I was completely overcome with DEEP emotions! I held myself together *by a thread* until he was back in the car and gone. THEN all hell broke loose. :naughty:

I started crying - but this time there was NO sadness in me at all. Just blissfulness and shock and *I just cannot find the words* . . . . . .

I did not cry anywhere NEAR the way I did when Mika left after the NYC show! And this time it did not last very long either! A little sniff sniff and I was okay once again! The boardies had invited us back to thier hotel - as they were having a little 'after party' out on the deck. We followed the RuBus back to the Crowne Plaza . . . and proceeded with them. We immediately felt V E R Y uncomfortable - and wanted to leave. So we just told them that we were extremely tired . . . and had to get up early. We got out of there quick! :roftl:

We figured that since we were in RUFUS' hotel . . . we would try our luck. We pushed the elevator button and hopped on. I don't remember how many floors we stopped on . . . but, we started to feel like yucky stalkers *and we didn't 'like' the feeling* so we decided it was time to head back to our hotel and turn in for the night. We were still pretty wound up - and I don't think we went straight to sleep. BUT - we did have a

B I G day ahead of us! The next day we were homeless . . . . until after the Miami show. Since we were right there in Melbourne, we had set up a Mini MFC Meet Up with Foalbaby14 and MusicFreak. It would be our first time meeting them in person! :woot_jump:

Edited by HollyD

MFC Mini Meet-Up

. . . . we got up E A R L Y Saturday morning - and got ready. Packing all of our stuff as we went along. Trying to make sure we didn't leave anything behind! *and I DID leave something - all of my NKOTB pictures from the concert I had went to the weekend before this* ~Oh Well~ . . . . .

- - - we went down to the lobby to see what we could find to eat at the continental breakfast that was provided. AGAIN - - - I hardly had an appetite. I was still on a major high from the previous night, and terribly nervous of the night ahead! We grabbed what we could. I think Alex got a pop tart and I got some oatmeal. We went back to the room and ate 'breakfast'. Double checked we had everything - *now I know I left my pictures on the top of the desk* :doh:

And we were headed for Oviedo to the Mini Meet Up. Alex wore her Mika shirt * I was kicking myself for not bringing mine!* :sneaky2:

I was wearing my, 'RUFUS will never love me' shirt. :naughty:

It took a long time to get there . . . and every mile just reminded us how much longer it was going to take to get to Miami! But, it was SO worth it!

We finally made it. . . . once again Mapquest really saved the day. Even though we did have our share of difficulties and wrong turns! All in all it was good. When we finally arrived . . . . guess what was playing on the telelvision - - - YEP L I V E in Cartoon Motion!

Brianna and Laura had made us a welcome sign. It was SO cute - and sweet. Alex still has it!

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=946

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=945

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=941

picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=940

- - - we went to a Craft/Art fair . . . .

we walked around looking at all the stuff. Alex and I WISHED that we were not dead broke, cause there was alot of stuff we would have bought! It was a realy cool place . . . but- it was H O T ...... we walked the whole place and decided it was time to leave. We went to the local mall and walked around a bit. Laura was stalking a certain guy that worked at Starbucks - so we made a little stop in there! LOL

Wewent looking for cutouts of Edward in FYE. And the we went back to Brianna's house to have lunch. Bri made us grilled cheese sandwhiches - and they were yummy!

The time had past by SO quickly - - - so before we knew it . . .it was time for me and Alex to get on the road.

********** we had a l o n g drive to Miami Beach ahead of us . . . . .

Edited by HollyD

i'm not really sure what i could add to this.

it's exactly the same as my memories :wub2:

You could add some stories that go along with your pics! :wink2:

Like all of the landfills that we passed, and the billions of birds . . . . and the signs that you took pics of -- your beach pics . . the pic of your A&w bag :naughty: You have alot of memories and your own perspective of the RuVenture! . . . are you just being lazy? :sneaky2:

- - - - come on! Our brains do not operate no WHERE near the same! :roftl:

Saturday November 8, 2008

. . . . We said our goodbyes to Brianna and Laura, and then we were 'on the road again'. :fisch:

As the miles flew by us and sky began to grow more and more grey - we started getting a bit nervous! we did NOT want to be late. :no:

I think I did 80 MPH all the way to Miami Beach. :drive:

The whole drive down there was pretty smooth and uneventful. *piece of cake* We listened to Rufus all the way there, singing along in our 'RuVoices'.

The r e a l DRAMA started the moment we arrived. On I-95 we knew the moment we were in Miami . . . all of the HUGE buildings, all lit up. It is SO pretty there at night. Still terrifyingly H U G E.

We got the Mapquest ready to follow it turn by turn -surely we cannot get lost WHEN we have directions in our hands - RIGHT? :blink:

We ended up finding the Fillmore just fine. B U T . . . we had to find someplace *at this point ANY PLACE* to freshen up and get ready. We started to see HOW BAD being homeless sucked! The thing is in Miami most of the roads are one way streets. So we were going around literally in circles and could not find any place with a bathroom to go to. The more time that passed - and we became completely desperate. . . we were looking for a gas station ANYTHING. And I guess that saying is TRUE - you can never find something when you are LOOKING FOR IT.

EVENTUALLY we found a Walgreens. AH we were so happy . . . I have never been SO relieved to see a drug store in all my life - not even when I was deathly ill. We parked and poped the trunk open. Grabing all of the stuff we would need. Luckily my Make-Up case 'kinda looks like a huge purse'. . .

I shoved everything I could in it. Hairspray - perfume . . . ~it was so embarrassing!~ - and the LAST thing we needed at this point was for someone to think that we were in there shoplifting~ :doh:

We went in - found the restrooms and proceeded. There was only one stall with a mirror - Alex let me go in there, and she got ready in front of the main mirrors. LUCKILY no one ever came in to use the restroom - that would have been CRAZY! *I wonder WHAT in the world they would have thought!* My guess would be . . . either we really were 'homeless' or that we were street walkers get ready for our nights work! Either way

We got ready in record time - as we did not have ANY time to spare at all! If only Rufus knew the things we were going through, just to see him!

When we pulled out AGAIN a one way street. We were trying desperately to get back where we had started so that we could use the directions to find our way back again! There was alot of confusion and wrong turns. Alex and I had HADit with each other at this point -both of our nerves were fried- and we were totally hanging on the edge~ BEST thing about Alex and I . . . even when we are getting on each others nerves - we get over it so quick! :huglove:

Okay -- so now we are back on the right track. Things are finally familiar and we know where we are going .. . well the general direction anyways. NOW we are faced with yet another PROBLEM! We cannot find a place to park for the life of us. There was a Car Show going on RIGHT THERE at the Convention Center that is located behind the Fillmore. The parking garage SAID it was full. They had Valet Parking at the Fillmore - but we did not HAVE the money to pay for that. Once again we were driving in circles desperately looking for ANYwhere to park - that was legal! All I needed now would be to have my car towed - especially with no money to get it out!!!

After circleing at least 4 times *may well have been more* we decided to try our luck in that parking garage . . . because allthough it said it was FULL -- there was still cars going in. Fighting the non-stop traffic was hellacious. Somehow I managed *by sheer RuTermination* to get in there. pppwwweeeewwww WE PARKED AND RAN OUT OF THAT GARAGE!~

We had to cross the street through the endless traffic . . . we just made a run for it - as soon as there was enough of a distance gap that we would not become tonight's road kill. We made it - and entered the Fillmore.

WHY must things ALWAYS be so difficult? The night before at the King's Center as we were going through and they scanned our tickets Alex had a hard time getting through. THIS time it was my ticket that wasn't scanning. SO frustrating. We walked into the lobby and there was hardly anyone there waiting! WE MADE IT!~~~ *high-five* after ALL of that drama that left us tied in nervous knots . . . we were HERE and we were about to see Rufus! There was a man in the lobby taking down the posters and replacing them with new ones. Alex asked him if she could have the poster of Rufus. He gave it to her. Another girl saw this so she asked - and got one too. I was like - I WANT ONE . . . looking around frantically, not seeing anymore. Then cool as cucumber Alex goes there is one right behind you Holly! SO I was happy! I quickly put my claim on that poster - and as soon as he got there..... he took it out and handed it to me!!!!!

We waited at the front till they opened the doors to let us in . . . . .

Edited by HollyD

Miami Beach Show

IMG_2366.jpg

- We were finally inside! WHAT A DAY!~

We found our seats and sat. I was just looking around taking in the Fillmore. It had a VERY 'intimate' feel. Definately THE most intimate of all the venues RuRu played in Florida! It was very dark in there - looked very *goth* . . . . only thing that came to my head! Looked like we were about to see a punk or alternative band. Only difference - on the stage there under purple neon lights glistening in the darkness was a beautiful Grand Piano. Aaahhhh . . . . the stage was set - a familiar sight, as seen the night before. Still there was a MUCH different 'feeling in the air' tonight!

We had met and started talking to two girls in the lobby before we were let in. And it turned out that their seats were right in front of ours. So, once inside we continued chatting with them. One of them was a huge RuRu fan - the other was a friend that she had drug along . . . totally clueless as so what she was about to see/who Rufus was/ or how he sounded. She had NEVER even heard his name, before this night! Again . . . we asured her she was in for a WONDERFUL treat. After experienceing Rufus live - her life would never again be the same! . . . as more and more people started trickling in - we began to see some familiar faces. All of the boardies had arrived.

Our seats were not SO bad - but, definately not the best. We were in the second row of the orchestra section. In front of us was the pit area. We were on the far right side of the piano. Pretty good we thought. I had bought tickets as SOON as they went on sale - and I do mean the exact second . . . I was sitting on Ticketmaster with my finger on the button! - - - and this is where we landed, we knew i had done my best - so we sucked it up looking at the people down in the pit section - and we were satisfied.

While we were talking with the two girls in front of us - someone came and sat beside me -

it was Paul one of the Boardies. He told me that he had an extra ticket, and he wanted to give it to me. The thing was - he only had one. I WAS SO HONORED that he even offered it to me - and excited!~ But, my FIRST instinct was - I could NOT possibly take it - and go down in the Pit Section with a great seat, and leave Alex there all alone! I couldn't - I wouldn't! I looked at her, *probably with a gleam in my eyes* and she told me to go. She encouraged me . . . she would be fine. And this was an opportunity that I could not just deny. I pondered it for a moment, and tried to imagine if the tables had been turned - if Paul would have given the ticket to Alex, instead of me. What then? How would I feel in her place? Would I be so selfish that I would want her to ignore the opportunity and stay with me? I really don't think so. And also if it were her decision we would she NOT take it? I realized that she WOULD have went. So - although I felt JUST awful . . I walked down to the Pit section to find my seat.

The place was really filling up now. I would say it was no more then uuummmm maybe 20 minutes - and here comes Alex. She sat in the empty seat next to me. These seats were SO much better! You could see everything SO well! We were 'right there' - - - Alex told me that she was gonna stay right there beside me, until someone came claiming that seat. Okay so for the next half our we sat there nervously as anyone new came in. HOPEING no one was coming for *that seat* A M A Z I N G L Y -- no one ever did. before we knew it - the lights dimmed and it was time!

Rufus came out looking better then ever! He had on THE SAME jacket as the night before :shocked:

only this time - he was wearing Pink Jeans :das: He did a few songs at the piano = and then made his way to the front of the stage with his guitar. Alex nudged the hell out of me - her eyes WIDE o p e n *tongue almost hanging out* and she said L O O K at his pocket. As she put it - it looked like he has a roll of quarters in his pocket! GREAT - now I am like in a trance - and I cannot take my eyes away! JUST perfect! Hey, at least he could not SEE where the eyes of the audience laid.

P1030618.jpg

Rufus telling his 'stories'

Again he put on a flawless show. This time telling even more jokes inbetween songs then the night before! You could tell that he really liked being in Miami! He even joked ALOT about buying a place down here. The he mentioned that his Aunt Teddy was there tonight! THAT sent a chill down mine and Alex's spine! OH NO -- family at the show!~ . . . hope that does not mean that he is not going to come out after!

P1030619.jpg

. . . Hey Loudon - don't go away! *inside joke*

- - - he did his usual routine of leaving the stage and coming back out after we all stood there and screamed our lungs out! Really what is the purpose for that? And WHY then does Mika never come back out?

This time he only came back out once. I cried quite a bit throughout this show - unlike the night before, where I did not shed a single tear. THEN during the encore - he sang his French song *which TOTALLY overwhelmed me* . . . followed by Hallelujah. ANY once of tears I was able to choke back up until this point all came flooding out. It was so BEAUTIFUL. Hallelujah AFTER t h a t song . . . it was TOO moving!

I sat there and wept through the entire song. - and just like that ---- the show was over.

P1030673.jpg

I have THAT bottle of water! ♥

Edited by HollyD

. . . After the Miami show

Immediately after the show -- I had to try and pull myself together - as the lights were about to come on! THANK GOD there is such a thing as 'Water-Proof Mascara' . . . . .

Of course - the Set List was taken right away. As was the bottle of water he was drinking from at the front while playing his guitar. When Kelly came out onto the stage to get things together - Alex asked her if she could have the bottle of water that was at the piano! She gave it to her! ♥

Rufus has the B E S T personal assistant and Tour Manager in the FREE World! They R O C K~ so awesomely amazing and down-to-earth! I hope Rufus knows how lucky he is to have such awesome-ness! *of course he does*

We stood around inside the theater for a bit, just chit-chatting with Kelly and Dave as they 'broke down the stage' - - - they knew we were not going anywhere- anytime soon! :naughty: Eventually we went out and stood at a side door. This did NOT look like a place that Rufus would come out - so Alex and the girls that we had met -- went around the building scoping out a 'better location' - - after a long while Rufus' Aunt Teddy came out the door we were all at. She was VERY sweet! She signed some autographs and took pictures - then she ASSURED us that Rufus would be coming out - and that we were at the right spot :wink2:

A heaviness was lifted off our chests - even though security kept coming to the door telling us that Rufus was NOT coming out. As time passed they came back again and told us that Rufus had LEFT! Oh- we were not falling for that again, that is the same bull they told us the night before in Melbourne!

-- still skeptical Alex went back over to where all the cars were parked inside of the gate. There was a security guard sitting right there. He had told her that Rufus WAS coming out - and that she should stay there. Well when she came back over to tell us, we told her that we had just met Aunt Teddy - and that she said we should STAY right HERE! I was afraid to move! EVEN though the other location seemed MUCH more likely! I mean WHY would we not beleive Aunt Teddy? What reason would she have to lie to us? OR was this a diversion, so that Rufus could sneak out another way - knowing that all of his fans were elsewhere.

It turned out that we were WRONG. He did come out exactly where Alex said he would. We went back over there and the security guard assured us that he HAD left already! He said, "I told you to wait here" . . . it SUCKED! But, in a way it was kinda good -- I mean for Rufus! He had family there at that show, and we knew he would want to spend time with them! A few people at the show, ended up going to the same resturant that Rufus went to. The secrity guard said that Rufus had left ON FOOT with three others . . . so -- it just wasn't meant to be.

Alex and I contemplated walking around that aread and 'looking' for him! But, then WHAT would we say/do IF we actually found him? Then we realized that is the kind of thing that CRAZY fans do -- and we are not those girls! So we accepted defeat . . . and walked back to the parking garage with our heads held low. It didn't take long for us to snap out of it! We just reflected on the show we had just seen and the night we had had before this one! And quickly we were all happy and beaming again! We knew that Rufus needed some RuTime! And that was okay! ♥

Well -- back to the car, and now we are homeless once again! Hotels in Miami were WAY too expensive for us -- so we drove for a couple of hours to Lantana . . . it was close to where the next show was in Palm Beach. So we got a room for the night. The place was VERY dodgy! We were uuummm . . . scared! ONCE we got into our room and locked up - it wasn't so bad

I really don't remember how long it took us to decide to go to bed. But, nonetheless it was a pretty restful/peaceful night! I dreamed about Rufus all three nights!~

In the morning we walked across the street to McDonald's before we started to get ready - and all packed up to leave! I had some instant winning tickets from the Monopoly game - so I got a Bacon Egg & Cheese McGriddle and a cup of coffee! It was a great breakfast! I was about to starve to death at this point. I was still too nervous to eat - but. . . . hunger won this time!

After breakfast we started to get ready. We could take our sweet time - this time, because once it was check out time . . . we were homeless again - ALL DAY until the show tonight! The day before we didn't even notice - cause we were BUSY all day at the Mini Meet Up. This time we had NOTHING TO DO! So it was a bit scary! . . . having more time -- we curled our hair - hopeing that by the time for the show it would look just right!

- - - packed up, and headed off to the unknown!

Edited by HollyD

Sunday November 9, 2008

. . . We packed up - and headed for the Interstate. West Palm Beach bound, with no where in particular to go. When we got to the Palm Beach exits - we followed the signs toward the Kravis Center. Of course we wanted to scope it out - and see how it looked in person! ♥

We spotted it 'a mile away' - - - it was HUGE and beautiful! Of course it would be sw-an-kky . . . it was Palm Beach for goodness sakes - we could barely afford to breath the air there! Plam Beach is home to the likes of - uuummm . . . Donald Trump and such! Okay!

After scoping it out well -- *find the backstage entrance and such* we were like WHERE do we go? So we headed for the one place that ANY girl could spend ALL DAY in . . . THE MALL! But, not just a n y mall -- The P G A mall. The kind of mall you could never afford to ACTUALLY shop in -- just window shop! And window shop we did! I don't know HOW long we stayed there -- but, BELEIVE me - even for someone who LOVES the mall . . . it was WAY too long!

100_0448.jpg

Alex at the mall

We sat down and decided to 'people watch' for a bit! - our legs were killing us, after walking for hours! Not to mention all of the stair climbing from the hotel! THAT got old quick! We just sat there and talked - and looked at our pictures in our cameras and watched the videos that we had taken from the show the night before! When the pics and vids ran out - SO DID OUR PATIENCE!

. . . even though it was a BIT early we decided to go find a place to get ready. PRAYING that this time it would be easier then the hellacios night we had in Miami - hey, at least the streets here were not all one way! Alex was about to starve to death! SURE we had our McDonald's early that morning -- but - no lunch, and it was now after dinner time. We decided to go somewhere we could 'sit down' - eat - AND get ready at all in the same place -- that made LIFE so much easier! We had VERY limited means - and when I say VERY limited means, you don't know the half of it. YES - it was THAT bad!

We got a Grand Slam to share - and I was happy and continent that I was *at least getting to eat 'something'* We just sat there and enjoyed the time. The waitress probably thought we were CRAZY women . . . we sat there for SO long! And I had my huge Make-Up case with me!

. . . we finally decided it was TIME to get ready! Regardless we would end up waiting - WE were SO use to waiting! And if we could wait outside in the freezing cold New York Street for 15 HOURS -to see MIKA- we could do this - piece of cake, right! As usual I took l o n g to get ready! I could hear Alex huffing and puffing impatiently. She is SO quick! I felt her pain though~ I was locked up in the handicap stall and she was just out there in the restroom. AMAZINGLY a g a i n - I don't think anyone came in the restroom the WHOLE time we were in there! LUCKY for us! When we finally walked out of the restroom after ALL that time - all made up, I felt like a streetwalker - or at least that - that would be what everyone else in there thought of us! WHO CARES! We were on a mission!

We headed straight for the Kravis Center. We were VERY early! They of course, hadn't opened the doors to the lobby yet! So we walked around. We went over to where Rufus would be arriving, and of course he was not there yet! As we were walking back and forth - - - THERE HE WAS, pulling up to the Artist Entrance! We thought about going over there - and then realized HOW stalker-ish and CREEPY that would be - so we figured just keep walking the opposit way . . . at least we got to see him pull up!

100_0454.jpg

Alex by one of the fountains in front of the Kravis Center

We walked back around to the front - there was a few other people there now waiting out by the main doors. SURELY they would be letting us in soon - after all we did have a champagne reception to attend inside! We took pictures by the fountains and of the venue sign when it flashed RUFUS WAINWRIGHT - November 9 - 8:00. It flashed so quick it was hard to capture . . . it took SEVERAL tries! That passes a bit of time.

100_0450.jpg

We meandered back to the front, it looked like they would be opening the doors soon - so we got in position! . . . wasn't TOO long till they opened the lobby doors! We wandered inside and just looked around. Soon after the boardies arrived. They came over to greet us. We still had a few minutes until we could go in for the Champagne Reception. We all stood around talking. Reflecting on the weekend that we had all just experienced. . . and the fact that THIS was the LAST night! Remembering the mistakes that we had made the night before after the Miami show - and making a plan so that it did not happen again - on this our last chance!

. . . and then it was time for the Champagne Reception.

Edited by HollyD

Palm Beach Show

. . . We went down to the Windsor Room, where the Champagne Reception was being held. The bartender poured us a glass of mighty fine champagne - and we went to stand over by the wall. . . because all of the seats were taken. We were right beside this side door - and we COULD HEAR RUFUS doing sound check! OH we wanted to open that door SO bad . . . but, we didn't!

The whole time in there was only mildly uncomfortable! We knew half of the people in there. And even though we did not really talk to them much - it was okay! I NEVER drink - - so by the time, we were able to go into the theater and take our seats . . . I was SO far gone. -- to that point of 'everything is funny' and the room is spinning! I was glad to finally sit down in my seat.

100_0460.jpg

Me and Alex at the Champagne Reception before the show - I am so drunk!

100_0461.jpg

Alex with her 2nd glass of champagne

THESE were the B E S T seats we had! THANK GOODNESS they cost enough! :rolls_eyes: WE were CLOSE to the stage and RIGHT in the center - where our view was AMAZING! People started rolling in -- then the CRAZIES that we met at the Melbourne show! O M G . . .

It took Rufus a l o n g time to come out! WHAT the heck was he doing back there? I mean come on . . it was not like 15 MINUTES past 8:00 - - - HELLO!

The crowd was getting really anxious/impatient . . . and started clapping a yelling! It was pretty funny! Of course Alex and I joined it!

. . . not TOO long after all of the noise the lights dimmed! It was SO bitter-sweet in my drunk stupor. I knew this would be the LAST time, the lights would dim. And so I just tried to stay in the moment - and really enjoy each and every second. . . . not missing a beat. Of course he opened with Grey Gardens JUST LIKE the past two nights! For the past two nights where he sang the part - 'inbetween tonight and my tomorrows' . . . I would think in my head WHAT was happening 'TONIGT' and the fact that I would have 'TOMORROW' to look forward to. So obviously tonight the song took on a whole new meaning - and when he got to that part - my heart totally sank. I tried to keep myself focused on the TONIGHT part - nothing like living in the moment! LITERALLY

Of course - as always the show was flawless -- and even his flaws are delivered with the utmost perfection that it is HARD to see them as flaws in the first place! Rufus is utter perfection in every sense of the term! He is SO talented and beautiful! It is SO unfair that ONE human can have it all!

100_0500.jpg

Inside of the Kravis Center

I don't know if it was the alcohol or just the combination of that and my uncontrollable emotions - but, I CRIED through the ENTIRE Palm Beach show. At first I was TRYING so hard to hold it back. I kept sniffling and wipeing my eyes -- then the flood just came. I was SO over come with emotions far too powerful to hold back or push off. Alex handed me a napkin, and I just quietly - softly let the tears flow - streaming down my face one after another. I thought at some point surely they would stop, right! Don't people get 'all cried out'? But, the tears never did stop. S L O W E D at times - but, never ceased. THEN Rufus did the unthinkable! Something he did NOT do the past two nights! HE SANG POSES!

I sobbed through that one!!!! I WAS SO HAPPY that I got to FINALLY hear it live! NOW - my RuVenture was TRULY complete!

. . . and so the show was over. I screamed at him and waved - as this would be the last finale I would see.

Edited by HollyD

. . . After the last show

- - Before the show had started Dave was up on the stage getting things ready, and he was talking to the boardies - - WHATEVER he was saying had them totally engrossed . . . and the excitement was obvious 3 rows back! hhhmmmm.... WHAT were they up to now? Alex went up there to see what he had said -- they didn't tell her much - they just blew it off as if it was nothing and he was just talking to them! OKAY -- yeah like we are going to beleive ANYMORE of your lies! I mean WHAT makes them THINK they are bigger fans then us?

JUST for the simple fact that they had travelled here from another country?

PAH-LEEZE . . .

We may have not flew half way around the world - but, we drove ALL over Florida up and down up and down again! And the fact that someone has more money then another and is therefore more priviledged . . .

DOES NOT mean that they LOVE Rufus more. Or deserve any more 'special treatment' then we do! We have done everything that they have done -- travelled to EACH of the three shows, and waited for him each and every night.

I would not even have any anomosity towards them -- if they hadn't already been down right rude - - but NOTHING up till now could compare to WHAT they were ABOUT to do . . . to us!

IMG_2465.jpg

. . . immediately after the show - I just sat there trying to pull myself together. I did NOT want to LOOK like I had just been crying for 2 hours straight! We got up and just started talking to my CRAZY friends - ALL of the boardies were just casually hanging out IN the theater this time . . . SO we had a feeling something MORE was up then what they had told us. After a bit someone spilled the beans! They said that Rufus had invited THE BOARDIES backstage. But, they STRESSED the part about o n l y the Europeans that were on the RuBus. hhhppffft! We were there ALL three nights - WE ARE ALSO BOARDIES . . . WHY should they get to go back - and NOT us? Somethings in life are JUST not fair - and we all except that fact. But THIS -- this was an outrage!

I was SO mad -- SO MAD . . . I just wanted to give up *which is probably exactly what they wanted! They ACT like they OWN Rufus -- I have NEVER in my life seen fans that were SO protective. Protective in a sick way! I mean -- I would be the FIRST to *unthinkingly* JUMP in front of a bullet for Mika! BUT these people were ravage beasts. It was pure madness! I told Alex - let's just got wait by the back door -- they made it known to us that Rufus WOULD be coming out afterwards -- and seemed to think that we should just be happy with that! I DON'T THINK SO!

So Alex being the determined little devil she is . . . was like NO HOLLY! Let's just wait here AND TRY to get backstage . . if we can't we can't but at least we know we tried! And in that case we will just go wait outside for him! I rolled my eyes and huffed. I was like YOU know it is pointless -- they are not going to let us backstage! She was like LET'S JUST TRY! I quickly gave up and inot her little plan - even though I did not like it one bit!

We waited and waited there behind the other boardies -- and eventually Dave (Rufus' Tour Manager) came out. He was getting everyone all togther and asking WHO was coming. ONE of the boardies SAID - the line STOPS here. Alex and I looked at each other frantically. As they started walking up the steps on to the stage . . . someone cut us off - right before we could walk up. They said I'm sorry THAT is it. Alex and I looked at each other - and then we looked at Dave with a pleading expression on our faces. He walked over to us . . .

We immediately started in - desperately pleading our cases. We told him that WE were boardies too. . . and WE had been at all three shows. . . and WE travelled NOT FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY but up and down Florida too! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE . . . at first he said I'm sorry but - I can't! We looked at him in defeat . . .

and then he said OH I guess two more couldn't HURT! Aaaahhhh SUCCESS!

Alex and I looked at each other with a newfound GLEAM in our eyes and burning in our hearts! We walked along as Dave lead the way backstage! This was it -- our wishes had come TRUE!

. . . you should have SEEN the boardies faces when they saw us round the corner behind Dave!! The looked absolutely disgusted! OH WELL. You tried to stop us with all your might - but, here we stand! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!

100_0464.jpg

The Set List and Water that Alex got from the stage

Edited by HollyD

Backstage with Rufus ♥

Okay! This is where it gets CRAZY! We were lead in a single-filed line to a room. Rufus was standing inside and greeted each person as they entered. He was giving 'European kisses' - you know where you kiss each cheek. WELL . . . being the Dumb American that I am - it didn't come so naturally for me. When I got to Rufus . . . he grabbed my hand - and went in for the 'kisses' . . . well I went "THE WRONG WAY" - obviously- and we ended up KISSING ON THE LIPS! I was SO embarrassed! He was SO sweet about it though - he COULD TELL that I did not do it on purpose, so he said, "OH I'LL JUST GIVE YOU A BIG OLE KISS IN THE MOUTH" . . . I am sure I turned 10 shades of RED *or purple* from lack of oxygen.

BackStage01-1.jpg

Me Embarrassed as all get out

I tried to cover up the embarrassment *we were STILL holding hands* - so I squeezed his hand - and LOOKED INTO HIS EYES, and I said - RUFUS did you read my poem? And his eyes lit up - and he said YES I DID - I loved it. Thank you so much, it was beautiful! *he didn't know that I had another copy of it in my other hand - JUST in case* LMAO

But, I could tell that he was sincere . . . and not just lying to me. So I put the other one away!

He wanted to take a 'group picture' rather then spending ALL that time taking individual ones . . . so he lead us all into the hallway and we posed for a couple pics. Then he signed some things. I went up and asked him if he could sign my shirt - he did . . . and then I held it up and said, "RUFUS READ IT" he did ---- and then he said, OH BUT I DO!

-The shirt said 'Rufus will never love me'

KopievanP1040006.jpg

The Infamous 'Group Pic'

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

After he was done signing - he chit-chatted for a moment, and then he said that he was VERY tired and wanted to get out of there for the night. He blew us kisses and we were escorted out by one of the venue staff. She was awesome! She thought that we were all SO funny! We were marvelling over EVERYTHING - and I mean everything about backstage! When we went around one corner we saw a board that they use to write all of the months performers *events* . . . and we saw RUFUS WAINWRIGHT on that day. OF COURSE we had to take a picture! It was awesomeness!

100_0506.jpg

Then we passed by the back of the actual stage and there sat his guitars int he cases - again we just HAD to take pics! . . . it's not like you SEE this type of thing everyday! ♥

100_0505.jpg

- and then OF course the STAGE as we passed by it -- we took this pic. . . and stopped briefly to look out in the venue through the STAGE point of view! It was absolutely breath-taking! I wonder how it feels to Rufus to be sitting there looking out at all of the adoring people screaming for him night after night after beautiful night! HOW DOES HE STAY SO GROUNDED? I think it is because he was BORN into this type of life. He knew this from birth - there was no escaping it . . . even if HE himself had never sang a day in his life!!!! He was a WAINWRIGHT!

100_0141-1.jpg

Alex and I walked out - we went the opposite way of the boardies. And uummm we THOUGHT we knew where we were going - - and got totally LOST in the parking garage! So we went back to where we started, and decided to go the other way. We ended up in front of the building -- so we went around . . . and THERE was the artists entrance by teh stage door. . . there was some people waiting there . . . and suprisingly NO BOARDIES! WOO HOO!!!!

So Alex and I went over and joined in the crowd. They knew that we had been backstage because they were waiting inside the theater when we went back. So they asked us about it. We talked and the more time that passed the more people that left! OF COURSE we were NOT going anywhere! We waited this long MIGHT as well wait it out!

It was NOW past 11:00 at night - I still had an almost 3 hour drive home, and I had to be up FOR WORK at 5:00 AM. But, I had given up at that point. I was like you know what - waiting here another hour or so . . . isn't going to make me not get up any better for work. WHAT with ALL of the adreneline I had I probably could have stayed awake for a WEEK!

His assistant and Tour Manager came out to start loading the car . . . they saw US - and Kelly said YOU TWO are DIE HARDS and she laughed! She was not at all annoyed that we had JUST been backstage - yet here we still stood waiting to see him YET again! THAT is one reason I love his 'people' so much! They are SO understanding and down-to-earth!

--- after about 20 more minutes - - - - - - -

. . . then we saw him through the door - down the hall getting READY to come out!

Edited by HollyD

The Final Goodbye

100_0507.jpg

My Rufus will never love me - shirt, he signed

100_0145-1.jpg

rufusme.jpg

When he was done with the fans before me . . . I walked up to him and grabbed his arm and said, 'Rufus let's take a picture together' - and I draged him over in front of Alex. And then as we 'posed' I laid my head on his shoulder, I wanted a special pic *for my own reasons* it was truly a moment in heaven!

100_0508.jpg

100_0512.jpg

. . . to be continued

Edited by HollyD

The Poem I wrote for Rufus:

Wandering aimlessly like a ship without a sail. Holding my head scarcely above water with seemingly no avail. Blue skies fade to darkness - not a single rainbow in sight... rough waters await me, as I firmly close my eyes. When out of the darkness there comes a sound so bright. It was the sound of the song, that became my light.

His words are with me, even on the darkest of nights. Comfort and calming - still much like suicide. When he sings, oh how my heart does melt. When he opens his mouth to speak - I can feel my soul burning like hell. He tortures me with his talent, then murders me with his sight. So beautiful is the angel who sings to me the music of the night.

Music be with me, like the drug of my choice. Fallen hook, line and sinker from merely the sound of his voice. He moves me in a way which could never be described. The desire of every woman - blind to his gay pride. How could one blame me, when it was his music that brought me to life.

Powerless to his perfection. Even his flaws are seemingly as such. My

O N L Y wish within this life is to let him know how 'profoundly' my life - he has touched

Thank you for the music and the words that lit a fire within my soul. Thank you for the passion and may your conviction never grow cold. Thank you from the depth of my heart, which is far too heavy to hold. One last thing in closing - which could have been written all it's own .. thank you for being RUFUS, and writting the greatest songs the world has ever known. ♥

Edited by HollyD

. . . . . So memories n e v e r fade into the dark corners of our minds, till we can no longer recall the place nor the time. Or what we saw and how it felt. I want to always remember that first moment I felt my heart truly melt. Melting away like butter on hot toast - it is Rufus Wainwright I will always remember the most. * * * *

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Melbourne0086.jpg

Melbourne6.jpg

P1040004.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- In November cheeseygoodness and I embarked on an adventure of momumental poportions *and that is even an understatement*

*** we truly had Angles with us - watching out for us on this most Magical of all weekends! We were blessed beyond all imagination or dreams and the wonderful memories will live on with us and inside our hearts surely for the rest of our existence.

. . . . WHAT a winding and bumpy road it was - one usually less travelled. But the road seemed paved in gold - for it lead us to a place we had only before seen in our wildest - most unfathomable dreams.

. . . . . and so the RuVenture began --------------------

Wub2:

This is now my favourite Mika-non-related thread!

**LOVES RURU**

Thank you HollyD for the link!

Aah I want to see Rufus! :P

The Poem I wrote for Rufus:

Wandering aimlessly like a ship without a sail. Holding my head scarcely above water with seemingly no avail. Blue skies fade to darkness - not a single rainbow in sight... rough waters await me, as I firmly close my eyes. When out of the darkness there comes a sound so bright. It was the sound of the song, that became my light.

His words are with me, even on the darkest of nights. Comfort and calming - still much like suicide. When he sings, oh how my heart does melt. When he opens his mouth to speak - I can feel my soul burning like hell. He tortures me with his talent, then murders me with his sight. So beautiful is the angel who sings to me the music of the night.

Music be with me, like the drug of my choice. Fallen hook, line and sinker from merely the sound of his voice. He moves me in a way which could never be described. The desire of every woman - blind to his gay pride. How could one blame me, when it was his music that brought me to life.

O N L Y wish within this life is to let him know how 'profoundly' my life - he has touched

Thank you for the music and the words that lit a fire within my soul. Thank you for the passion and may your conviction never grow cold. Thank you from the depth of my heart, which is far too heavy to hold. One last thing in closing - which could have been written all it's own .. thank you for being RUFUS, and writting the greatest songs the world has ever known. ♥

That is beautiful!

Wub2:

This is now my favourite Mika-non-related thread!

**LOVES RURU**

Thank you HollyD for the link!

Aah I want to see Rufus! :P

:clap: Y A Y! I was hopeing the RuLuvas would enjoy it!!!! :wub2:

OMG -- seeing Rufus LIVE is like no other experience in LIFE! I mean seeing Mika live is one thing -- FABULOUS and indescribable -- Rufus is SO totally different an experience and SO powerful. If you weren't 'under his spell' before you saw him live -- there will be no going back once you have passed the point of no return! :mf_lustslow:

That is beautiful!

Thank you!!! :huglove:

It is H A R D to find the words to try and express to someone HOW much they mean to you - and how they have impacted your life SO strongly. He has touched my life - and because of him - and HIM alone, in some way . . . my life will never be the same. And that is a beautiful thing! :rolls_eyes: